Re: [pcgen] Touch AC with mage armor/shield?

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2009
      Accessing file 3115.261.2741

      Data from user herzogaldilkassach is as follows:

      > If I'm not mistaken, mage armor and shield are force effects, that should
      > be taken into account when calculating touch ac.
      >
      > however, when applying mage armor and shield as temporary bonusses to my
      > character, PCGen doesn't include these bonusses in the touch ac.
      >
      > Is this a bug, an oversight, or a misinterpretation on my side?

      I can't find it verbatim in the RSRD docs, but here's the best way to explain
      it:

      Armor Bonus

      An armor bonus applies to Armor Class and is granted by armor or by a spell or
      magical effect that mimics armor. [...] An armor bonus doesn't apply against
      touch attacks, except for armor bonuses granted by force effects (such as the
      mage armor spell) which apply against incorporeal touch attacks, such as that
      of a shadow.

      Shield Bonus

      A shield bonus improves Armor Class and is granted by a shield or by a spell
      or magic effect that mimics a shield. [...] A shield bonus doesn't apply
      against touch attacks.

      Hope that helps clarify things.
      --
      Fluxxdog