Re: [TM[Pathfinder]Re: [pcgen] [Mac User] Magic Item Creation/Item Customization

    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
      Eric C Smith wrote:
      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > Andrew Maitland wrote:
      >
      >> Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
      >> basic
      >> set?
      >>

      > The OP is using Pathfinder.
      >
      > The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
      > TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

      Gah, well that certainly would do it. Okay, so adding eqmods fun day.
      > Maredudd

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

    • nylanfs
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
        I don't believe that the Pathfinder equipmods were finished yet were they?

        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
          2873813 Finish EQMODS in Pathfinder
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873813&group_id=25576&atid=750092>

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
            Andrew,

            You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
            two choices that Keith does also.

            David
            Papa.DRB

            Grognard (definition 1)
            My better half and me

            Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Keith Coon wrote:
            >
            >> Well, perhaps you could me where that would be found on the windows
            >> box. When I choose Ring and right click, I get the menu that allows
            >> me to "Create custom item". Once in that window, I have a left pane
            >> that has two choices "Add Type" and "Spell Effect". I also have 4
            >> buttons at the bottom; "Name", "SProp", "Cost", and "Weight".
            >>
            >> Where would you go on Windows to add a skill bonus? I feel if you ran
            >> through the Windows protocol... I could pick it up. The program can't
            >> be *that* different between the two versions... can it?
            >>

            > Two choices? Odd, you should have a ton more. In mine I can 'choose
            > 'Skill Bonus (Competence)'' in that box where you see 'add type'
            > Click the 'ADD' button in between the two boxes.
            > Pop up - What Skill (Choose your Skill)
            > Pop up - Choose the Plus of the Bonus
            > Change the Name if you desire.
            > Hit either 'BUY' to get it direct, or OK. And then just add your new
            > item to the character.
            >

            > If I was going to code this up by hand:
            >
            > Ring (Name of Ring)
            > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
            > TYPE:Ring.Magic
            > BONUS:SKILL|Name of Skill|numeric value
            >

            > Ring (Lst Monkey)
            > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
            > TYPE:Ring.Magic
            > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Lst Coding)|10
            >
            > Would grant a +10 to Knowledge (Lst Coding) to whomever wore the Ring of
            > Lst Monkey

          • Saxum Caribetum
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
              David R. Bender wrote:
              > Andrew,
              >
              > You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
              > two choices that Keith does also.

              Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same

              rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
              get the dialog "Item Customizer"
              shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
              shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
              Trigger)"
              horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)

              at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

              --
              Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                > David R. Bender wrote:
                >
                >> Andrew,
                >>
                >> You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                >> two choices that Keith does also.
                >>

                > Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same
                >
                > rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                > get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                > shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                > shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                > Trigger)"
                > horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)
                >
                > at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                Apparently the EQMODs aren't completed in Pathfinder. In my test I
                didn't load the Pathfinder set.

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin