Re: [pcgen] [Mac User] Magic Item Creation/Item Customization

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Keith Coon wrote:
      > Can anyone else confirm the lack of special properties list in the Mac
      > version compared to the PC version?

      I can confirm that the Mac only sees two items in the customizer
      window. Drew, make sure you are using the Pathfinder set.

      Maredudd
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
        Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > Andrew Maitland wrote:
        >
        >> Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
        >> basic
        >> set?
        >>

        > The OP is using Pathfinder.
        >
        > The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
        > TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

        Gah, well that certainly would do it. Okay, so adding eqmods fun day.
        > Maredudd

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • nylanfs
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
          I don't believe that the Pathfinder equipmods were finished yet were they?

          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
            2873813 Finish EQMODS in Pathfinder
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873813&group_id=25576&atid=750092>

          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
              Andrew,

              You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
              two choices that Keith does also.

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me

              Andrew Maitland wrote:
              > Keith Coon wrote:
              >
              >> Well, perhaps you could me where that would be found on the windows
              >> box. When I choose Ring and right click, I get the menu that allows
              >> me to "Create custom item". Once in that window, I have a left pane
              >> that has two choices "Add Type" and "Spell Effect". I also have 4
              >> buttons at the bottom; "Name", "SProp", "Cost", and "Weight".
              >>
              >> Where would you go on Windows to add a skill bonus? I feel if you ran
              >> through the Windows protocol... I could pick it up. The program can't
              >> be *that* different between the two versions... can it?
              >>

              > Two choices? Odd, you should have a ton more. In mine I can 'choose
              > 'Skill Bonus (Competence)'' in that box where you see 'add type'
              > Click the 'ADD' button in between the two boxes.
              > Pop up - What Skill (Choose your Skill)
              > Pop up - Choose the Plus of the Bonus
              > Change the Name if you desire.
              > Hit either 'BUY' to get it direct, or OK. And then just add your new
              > item to the character.
              >

              > If I was going to code this up by hand:
              >
              > Ring (Name of Ring)
              > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
              > TYPE:Ring.Magic
              > BONUS:SKILL|Name of Skill|numeric value
              >

              > Ring (Lst Monkey)
              > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
              > TYPE:Ring.Magic
              > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Lst Coding)|10
              >
              > Would grant a +10 to Knowledge (Lst Coding) to whomever wore the Ring of
              > Lst Monkey

            • Saxum Caribetum
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                David R. Bender wrote:
                > Andrew,
                >
                > You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                > two choices that Keith does also.

                Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same

                rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                Trigger)"
                horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)

                at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                --
                Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                  Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                  > David R. Bender wrote:
                  >
                  >> Andrew,
                  >>
                  >> You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                  >> two choices that Keith does also.
                  >>

                  > Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same
                  >
                  > rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                  > get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                  > shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                  > shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                  > Trigger)"
                  > horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)
                  >
                  > at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                  Apparently the EQMODs aren't completed in Pathfinder. In my test I
                  didn't load the Pathfinder set.

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin