[TM[Pathfinder]Re: [pcgen] [Mac User] Magic Item Creation/Item Customization

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
      > basic
      > set?

      The OP is using Pathfinder.

      The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
      TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

      Maredudd
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
        Hi Folks!

        On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Keith Coon wrote:
        > Can anyone else confirm the lack of special properties list in the Mac
        > version compared to the PC version?

        I can confirm that the Mac only sees two items in the customizer
        window. Drew, make sure you are using the Pathfinder set.

        Maredudd
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
          Eric C Smith wrote:
          > Hi Folks!
          >
          > Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >
          >> Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
          >> basic
          >> set?
          >>

          > The OP is using Pathfinder.
          >
          > The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
          > TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

          Gah, well that certainly would do it. Okay, so adding eqmods fun day.
          > Maredudd

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • nylanfs
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
            I don't believe that the Pathfinder equipmods were finished yet were they?

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
              2873813 Finish EQMODS in Pathfinder
              <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873813&group_id=25576&atid=750092>

            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                Andrew,

                You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                two choices that Keith does also.

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me

                Andrew Maitland wrote:
                > Keith Coon wrote:
                >
                >> Well, perhaps you could me where that would be found on the windows
                >> box. When I choose Ring and right click, I get the menu that allows
                >> me to "Create custom item". Once in that window, I have a left pane
                >> that has two choices "Add Type" and "Spell Effect". I also have 4
                >> buttons at the bottom; "Name", "SProp", "Cost", and "Weight".
                >>
                >> Where would you go on Windows to add a skill bonus? I feel if you ran
                >> through the Windows protocol... I could pick it up. The program can't
                >> be *that* different between the two versions... can it?
                >>

                > Two choices? Odd, you should have a ton more. In mine I can 'choose
                > 'Skill Bonus (Competence)'' in that box where you see 'add type'
                > Click the 'ADD' button in between the two boxes.
                > Pop up - What Skill (Choose your Skill)
                > Pop up - Choose the Plus of the Bonus
                > Change the Name if you desire.
                > Hit either 'BUY' to get it direct, or OK. And then just add your new
                > item to the character.
                >

                > If I was going to code this up by hand:
                >
                > Ring (Name of Ring)
                > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
                > TYPE:Ring.Magic
                > BONUS:SKILL|Name of Skill|numeric value
                >

                > Ring (Lst Monkey)
                > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
                > TYPE:Ring.Magic
                > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Lst Coding)|10
                >
                > Would grant a +10 to Knowledge (Lst Coding) to whomever wore the Ring of
                > Lst Monkey

              • Saxum Caribetum
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                  David R. Bender wrote:
                  > Andrew,
                  >
                  > You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                  > two choices that Keith does also.

                  Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same

                  rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                  get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                  shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                  shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                  Trigger)"
                  horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)

                  at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                  --
                  Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                    Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                    > David R. Bender wrote:
                    >
                    >> Andrew,
                    >>
                    >> You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                    >> two choices that Keith does also.
                    >>

                    > Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same
                    >
                    > rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                    > get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                    > shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                    > shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                    > Trigger)"
                    > horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)
                    >
                    > at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                    Apparently the EQMODs aren't completed in Pathfinder. In my test I
                    didn't load the Pathfinder set.

                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin