Re: [pcgen] [Mac User] Magic Item Creation/Item Customization

  • Keith Coon
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
      Can anyone else confirm the lack of special properties list in the Mac
      version compared to the PC version? There is a SProp button at the
      bottom that looks like it would allow me to add a special property
      like a skill bonus, but when I enter anything into the text box...
      nothing appears in the list of two. Is there perhaps a format for
      that text box that I'm unaware of?

      Regardless, you lost me with the code (I wouldn't know where to
      start). Thanks for all your input nonetheless. Maybe some Mac user
      out there has a solution... or at least some commiseration ;)

      Keith

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
        Keith Coon wrote:
        > Can anyone else confirm the lack of special properties list in the Mac
        > version compared to the PC version? There is a SProp button at the
        > bottom that looks like it would allow me to add a special property
        > like a skill bonus, but when I enter anything into the text box...
        > nothing appears in the list of two. Is there perhaps a format for
        > that text box that I'm unaware of?

        That is just a text box to include with the item.
        > Regardless, you lost me with the code (I wouldn't know where to
        > start). Thanks for all your input nonetheless. Maybe some Mac user
        > out there has a solution... or at least some commiseration ;)

        Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the basic
        set?

        If you don't load the complete, or at least the DMG then the magic items
        are NOT included.

        The code I put out is something you can copy/paste into an equipment lst
        file. You'd need to put your skill name and the bonus. And it would need
        to be on one line.

        Anyways, hopefully Eric can answer on the mac side.
        > Keith

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
          Hi Folks!

          On Oct 6, 2009, at 7:41 PM, Keith Coon wrote:
          > Can anyone else confirm the lack of special properties list in the Mac
          > version compared to the PC version?

          I can confirm that the Mac only sees two items in the customizer
          window. Drew, make sure you are using the Pathfinder set.

          Maredudd
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
            Hi Folks!

            Andrew Maitland wrote:
            > Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
            > basic
            > set?

            The OP is using Pathfinder.

            The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
            TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

            Maredudd
          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
              Hi Folks!

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
                Eric C Smith wrote:
                > Hi Folks!
                >
                > Andrew Maitland wrote:
                >
                >> Are you loading rsrd / srd35 complete? or are you just loading the
                >> basic
                >> set?
                >>

                > The OP is using Pathfinder.
                >
                > The problem is the absence of a significant number of eqmods with the
                > TYPE:Ring tag. Compare the RSRD set and the Pathfinder sets eqmod files.

                Gah, well that certainly would do it. Okay, so adding eqmods fun day.
                > Maredudd

                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              • nylanfs
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
                  I don't believe that the Pathfinder equipmods were finished yet were they?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Oct 6, 2009
                    2873813 Finish EQMODS in Pathfinder
                    <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873813&group_id=25576&atid=750092>

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                      Andrew,

                      You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                      two choices that Keith does also.

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me

                      Andrew Maitland wrote:
                      > Keith Coon wrote:
                      >
                      >> Well, perhaps you could me where that would be found on the windows
                      >> box. When I choose Ring and right click, I get the menu that allows
                      >> me to "Create custom item". Once in that window, I have a left pane
                      >> that has two choices "Add Type" and "Spell Effect". I also have 4
                      >> buttons at the bottom; "Name", "SProp", "Cost", and "Weight".
                      >>
                      >> Where would you go on Windows to add a skill bonus? I feel if you ran
                      >> through the Windows protocol... I could pick it up. The program can't
                      >> be *that* different between the two versions... can it?
                      >>

                      > Two choices? Odd, you should have a ton more. In mine I can 'choose
                      > 'Skill Bonus (Competence)'' in that box where you see 'add type'
                      > Click the 'ADD' button in between the two boxes.
                      > Pop up - What Skill (Choose your Skill)
                      > Pop up - Choose the Plus of the Bonus
                      > Change the Name if you desire.
                      > Hit either 'BUY' to get it direct, or OK. And then just add your new
                      > item to the character.
                      >

                      > If I was going to code this up by hand:
                      >
                      > Ring (Name of Ring)
                      > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
                      > TYPE:Ring.Magic
                      > BONUS:SKILL|Name of Skill|numeric value
                      >

                      > Ring (Lst Monkey)
                      > OUTPUTNAME:Ring of [NAME]
                      > TYPE:Ring.Magic
                      > BONUS:SKILL|Knowledge (Lst Coding)|10
                      >
                      > Would grant a +10 to Knowledge (Lst Coding) to whomever wore the Ring of
                      > Lst Monkey

                    • Saxum Caribetum
                      Message 10 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                        David R. Bender wrote:
                        > Andrew,
                        >
                        > You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                        > two choices that Keith does also.

                        Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same

                        rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                        get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                        shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                        shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                        Trigger)"
                        horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)

                        at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                        --
                        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                        Message 11 of 15 , Oct 7, 2009
                          Saxum Caribetum wrote:
                          > David R. Bender wrote:
                          >
                          >> Andrew,
                          >>
                          >> You have more than two choices? I am on Windows Vista, and only have the
                          >> two choices that Keith does also.
                          >>

                          > Windows XP Sp3, PCGen 5.16.1 -- same
                          >
                          > rigt-click "Ring" in Gear
                          > get the dialog "Item Customizer"
                          > shows a white background grid control over windows background colour;
                          > shows 2 lines in grid: "Add Type" and "Spell Effect (50 Charges/Spell
                          > Trigger)"
                          > horizontal scroll bar (far right shows "Source" column)
                          >
                          > at bottom, 4 buttons Name, SProp, Cost, Weight

                          Apparently the EQMODs aren't completed in Pathfinder. In my test I
                          didn't load the Pathfinder set.

                          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin