Re: [pcgen] [midnight]

  • Dom
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 6, 2009
      Hello,

      Thanks for your answers.
      But I have no skills in language, dataset, lst ...

      Never mind.

      Many thanks.

      Dom

      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 6, 2009
        Dom wrote:

        Hi Dom,
        > Hello,
        >
        > Thanks for your answers.
        > But I have no skills in language, dataset, lst ...
        >
        > Never mind.
        >
        > Many thanks.

        No problem. It'll be something we get done soon, just don't expect it in
        the next few weeks.

        I've opened a tracker
        2873687 Add 3.5e version of the Midnight Data Set
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873687&group_id=25576&atid=750092>
        > Dom

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 6, 2009
          Hi Dom,
          We could still use your help. I'm going to start the process by creating
          a basic conversion set, that will give us a version of the 3.0 set that will
          load in 3.5 gameMode with a certain amount of changes that can be determined
          just from the data (like skills and feats which were dropped or changed
          names).
          What needs to be done after that is the conversion set needs to be
          checked against the Midnight 2nd Edition book to see what other changes need
          to be made to bring it in line, you only need the book and PCGen to check a
          lot of this. Let us know and we'll make the early draft of the conversion
          available.

          Dom scribed:

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 18, 2009

            Sorry for my late answer .
            Thanks for the tracker.

            When a data set arrived, i can test it, if i can help.

            Regards

            Dom
            > But I have no skills in language, dataset, lst ...
            >
            > Never mind.
            >
            > Many thanks.

            No problem. It'll be something we get done soon, just don't expect it in
            the next few weeks.

            I've opened a tracker
            2873687 Add 3.5e version of the Midnight Data Set
            <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2873687&group_id=25576&atid=750092>
            > Dom

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • davidvergison
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 25, 2010
              Is the Midnight setting available ?

              thx,
              David

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dom" <servenn@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >
              > Sorry for my late answer .
              > Thanks for the tracker.
              >
              > When a data set arrived, i can test it, if i can help.
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Dom

            • Maredudd
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 25, 2010
                Hi Folks!

                David wrote:

                > Is the Midnight setting available ?

                Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                done yet.

                Maredudd
              • Maredudd
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 25, 2010
                  Hello again Folks!

                  I wrote:

                  > Hi Folks!
                  >
                  > David wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Is the Midnight setting available ?
                  > >

                  > Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                  > installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                  > opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                  > done yet.

                  I just double checked and FFG has released their own 3.5 Edition
                  of Midnight. (and made a movie based upon the setting!) This
                  means that instead of doing a conversion we would need to do a
                  set for the publishers 3.5 edition.

                  Maredudd
                • Keith Coon
                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 25, 2010
                    I don't know how much work is involved in something like this, but I
                    would absolutely *love* to see this implemented!

                    Keith

                    On Feb 25, 2010, at 11:46 AM, Maredudd wrote:

                    > Hello again Folks!
                    >
                    > I wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Folks!
                    > >
                    > > David wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Is the Midnight setting available ?
                    > > >

                    > > Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                    > > installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                    > > opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                    > > done yet.
                    >
                    > I just double checked and FFG has released their own 3.5 Edition
                    > of Midnight. (and made a movie based upon the setting!) This
                    > means that instead of doing a conversion we would need to do a
                    > set for the publishers 3.5 edition.
                    >
                    > Maredudd

                  • davidvergison
                    Message 9 of 23 , Feb 26, 2010
                      Good !
                      I'll try it sunday.

                      Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?
                      I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?

                      thx,
                      David
                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd" <maredudd@...> wrote:

                      > Hi Folks!
                      >
                      > David wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Is the Midnight setting available ?
                      > >

                      > Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                      > installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                      > opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                      > done yet.
                      >
                      > Maredudd

                    • Maredudd
                      Message 10 of 23 , Feb 26, 2010
                        Hi Folks!

                        David wrote:
                        > Good !
                        > I'll try it sunday.
                        >
                        > Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?

                        Not many, and there was at one time a 3.0 to 3.5 conversion guide
                        available. Not sure if it is still available though. Maybe someone will
                        read this and post a link to the guide . . . hinthinthint :-)

                        > I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?

                        As we don't have a data set for v2 you will need to load the SRD,
                        as opposed to the RSRD, to create characters with the existing set.
                        If you can find the conversion guide that WotC put out you should
                        be able to make a quick conversion directly on the printed character
                        sheet.

                        Maredudd
                      • davidvergison
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 5, 2010
                          Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)

                          Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory

                          I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6

                          Is it a well know problem ?

                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 5, 2010
                            Assuming 5.16.2?

                            On 3/5/2010 10:57 PM, davidvergison wrote:
                            > Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)
                            >
                            > Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory
                            >
                            > I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6
                            >
                            > Is it a well know problem ?
                            >

                            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "davidvergison"<davidvergison@...> wrote:
                            >
                            >> Good !
                            >> I'll try it sunday.
                            >>
                            >> Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?
                            >> I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?
                            >>
                            >> thx,
                            >> David
                            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd"<maredudd@> wrote:
                            >>
                            >>> Hi Folks!

                            >>> Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                            >>> installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                            >>> opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                            >>> done yet.
                            >>>
                            >>> Maredudd

                            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                          • davidvergison
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 6, 2010
                              Yes, 5.06.2, the last stable found here : http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

                              The "other system" file.

                              Note that the same archive work fine on a windows system (at office).

                              > Assuming 5.16.2?
                              >

                              > On 3/5/2010 10:57 PM, davidvergison wrote:
                              > > Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)
                              > >
                              > > Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory
                              > >
                              > > I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6
                              > >
                              > > Is it a well know problem ?
                              > >

                              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "davidvergison"<davidvergison@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > >> Good !
                              > >> I'll try it sunday.
                              > >>
                              > >> Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?
                              > >> I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?
                              > >>
                              > >> thx,
                              > >> David

                              > > ------------------------------------
                              > >
                              > > Related Lists

                              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                              > >

                              > --
                              >
                              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                              > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                            • davidvergison
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 6, 2010
                                Arg ! 5.16.2 not 5.06.2, sorry.

                                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "davidvergison" <davidvergison@...> wrote:

                                > Yes, 5.06.2, the last stable found here : http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php
                                >
                                > The "other system" file.
                                >
                                > Note that the same archive work fine on a windows system (at office).

                                > > Assuming 5.16.2?
                                > >

                                > > On 3/5/2010 10:57 PM, davidvergison wrote:
                                > > > Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)
                                > > >
                                > > > Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory
                                > > >
                                > > > I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6
                                > > >
                                > > > Is it a well know problem ?

                                > > > ------------------------------------
                                > > >
                                > > > Related Lists
                                > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/
                                > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Roadmap
                                > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                                > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

                                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                                > > >

                                > > --
                                > >
                                > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                                > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                              • James Dempsey
                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 6, 2010
                                  Hi David,

                                  That'll be the infamous open java issue. Make sure you are running Sun
                                  Java instead and it should be fine.

                                  Cheers,
                                  James.

                                  On 6/03/2010 5:57 PM davidvergison wrote
                                  > Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)
                                  >
                                  > Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory
                                  >
                                  > I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6
                                  >
                                  > Is it a well know problem ?
                                  >

                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "davidvergison" <davidvergison@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> Good !
                                  >> I'll try it sunday.
                                  >>
                                  >> Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?
                                  >> I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?
                                  >>
                                  >> thx,
                                  >> David
                                  >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Maredudd" <maredudd@> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >>> Hi Folks!

                                  >>> Fantasy Flights Midnight is available in the distributed PCGen
                                  >>> installation. Note that this is the 3.0 edition. A tracker was
                                  >>> opened last year to add a 3.5 conversion but such has not been
                                  >>> done yet.
                                  >>>
                                  >>> Maredudd

                                • davidvergison
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 6, 2010
                                    arg that's right ! i'm currently using open-java !!!!
                                    i'm going to install Java instead !

                                    > Hi David,
                                    >
                                    > That'll be the infamous open java issue. Make sure you are running Sun
                                    > Java instead and it should be fine.
                                    >
                                    > Cheers,
                                    > James.
                                    >
                                    > On 6/03/2010 5:57 PM davidvergison wrote
                                    > > Well, i try to create a Midnight character with the last stable version, but i've got a problem : all the list are empty ! (beginning with the advanced data loader screen ...)
                                    > >
                                    > > Whereas logs show the data load of "/data/xxx" directory
                                    > >
                                    > > I try on ubuntu 9.10 and java 1.6
                                    > >
                                    > > Is it a well know problem ?
                                    > >

                                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "davidvergison" <davidvergison@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > >> Good !
                                    > >> I'll try it sunday.
                                    > >>
                                    > >> Is there a lot of differences between v3.5 and v3 ?
                                    > >> I own the midnight v2 settings. Does it mean i need v3.5 to create some characters ?
                                    > >>
                                    > >> thx,
                                    > >> David

                                  • rayston
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 26, 2010
                                      Just wondering how far along OSRIC was?

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 26, 2010

                                        Wow, that's an older email, March 2010... Well here's where I stand on those sets:
                                        *OSRIC *- no further work done, other priorities have reared their heads; though if I had known we
                                        still had an interest I'd be happy to collaborate some further effort here. Mind you, supporting a
                                        non-3e system is quite a challenge still. It's a big challenge, but should still be doable. I'd have
                                        to review what I've done to see where the set needs work. I'm not even sure it's loadable at this point.
                                        *Eclipse: The Codex Persona* [Completed, awaiting code improvement to better support]
                                        *Gaslight OGL* [Completed]
                                        *Into the Black* [Completed]
                                        *Into the Green* [Completed]
                                        *APG* [In-progress, 80% completed, needs Feat work, ability clean up and improvements galore, main
                                        structure is in place, only needing to patch anything missed on first pass]

                                        I'm doing the APG, so our Pathfinder monkey [Stefan aka Zaister] can implement the Template Engine
                                        on the code side, so the other coders aren't stretched further.

                                        I'm also helping clean up any 5.16 sets for another 5.16 release, short cycle. Deadlines aplenty
                                        unfortunately.

                                        On 9/26/2010 3:24 PM, rayston wrote:
                                        > > Currently I'm actually working on:
                                        > > OSRIC (Some structure in place 25% complete) - I'll work on it as time
                                        > > permits.
                                        > > Eclipse: The Codex Persona (This one will need some code work to make
                                        > > pretty, 90% Complete)
                                        > > Gaslight OGL (This set just needs a touch up and then review) - pending
                                        > > Into the Black (This set is just being finished in the Q&A process) -
                                        > > pending
                                        > > Into the Green (Structure in place. 50% complete) - Might have a new
                                        > > monkey help with this.

                                        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                                      • Jonathan Thompson
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 26, 2010
                                          I will send the Gaslight update within the next couple of days. I have been
                                          swamped with some family stuff.

                                          On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:37 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi,
                                          >
                                          > Wow, that's an older email, March 2010... Well here's where I stand on
                                          > those sets:
                                          > *OSRIC *- no further work done, other priorities have reared their heads;
                                          > though if I had known we
                                          > still had an interest I'd be happy to collaborate some further effort here.
                                          > Mind you, supporting a
                                          > non-3e system is quite a challenge still. It's a big challenge, but should
                                          > still be doable. I'd have
                                          > to review what I've done to see where the set needs work. I'm not even sure
                                          > it's loadable at this point.
                                          > *Eclipse: The Codex Persona* [Completed, awaiting code improvement to
                                          > better support]
                                          > *Gaslight OGL* [Completed]
                                          > *Into the Black* [Completed]
                                          > *Into the Green* [Completed]
                                          > *APG* [In-progress, 80% completed, needs Feat work, ability clean up and
                                          > improvements galore, main
                                          > structure is in place, only needing to patch anything missed on first pass]
                                          >
                                          > I'm doing the APG, so our Pathfinder monkey [Stefan aka Zaister] can
                                          > implement the Template Engine
                                          > on the code side, so the other coders aren't stretched further.
                                          >
                                          > I'm also helping clean up any 5.16 sets for another 5.16 release, short
                                          > cycle. Deadlines aplenty
                                          > unfortunately.
                                          >

                                          > On 9/26/2010 3:24 PM, rayston wrote:
                                          > > > Currently I'm actually working on:
                                          > > > OSRIC (Some structure in place 25% complete) - I'll work on it as time
                                          > > > permits.
                                          > > > Eclipse: The Codex Persona (This one will need some code work to make
                                          > > > pretty, 90% Complete)
                                          > > > Gaslight OGL (This set just needs a touch up and then review) - pending
                                          > > > Into the Black (This set is just being finished in the Q&A process) -
                                          > > > pending
                                          > > > Into the Green (Structure in place. 50% complete) - Might have a new
                                          > > > monkey help with this.
                                          >
                                          > --
                                          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                                          > Unique Title "The Torturer of PCGen"

                                          Jonathan M. Thompson
                                          Battlefield Press, Inc (www.battlefieldpress.com) / Solar Flare Productions

                                          jthompson@...
                                          d20 Magazine Rack (www.d20zines.com)
                                          thompsonjm@...
                                          Now on Sale: Open Anime (Open Core) and Gaslight Victorian Fantasy
                                          (OGL/Savage Worlds)
                                          In Development: (2010) Double Spiral War, Terran Trade Authority, 1632
                                          Second Edition | "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were.
                                          But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan