Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] CMD not Displayed

  • Hollis McCray
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
      On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

      > Hi Saxum,
      >
      > I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

      Wow...

      I just want to say that I personally am amazed by how fast the
      response was to this. RL stuff has kept me busy since Friday, but the
      code monkeys were all over this.

      Way to go team!
      --
      Hollis McCray
      Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

      Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
      Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
      Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
      Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
      Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
        Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
        versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
        some serious time on the PDF layout.

        CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
        standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

        CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
        We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
        Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
        bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
        lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
        attack and defense for the action..

        Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
        Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
        layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
        under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
        the new VARs from the newer dataset.

        Tir Gwaith
        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Stefan Radermacher
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
          On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
          > versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
          > some serious time on the PDF layout.
          >
          > CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
          > standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

          The CMB calculation stays the same, however, you also get all bonuses (and
          penalties) you would get to an attack with the weapon you are using to make
          the combat maneuver with, i.e. from feats like Weapon Focus, spells like
          Bless, or conditions like sickened.

          Not all maneuvers are standard actions, some (like Trip, for example) can be
          used in place of an attack, and thus as part of a full attack or even a monk's
          flurry of blow. In these cases, they get the appropriate -5/-10/-15 penalty
          for iterative attacks.

          Also note that now, tiny ans smaller creatures now use their Dexterity bonus
          instead of Strength for CMB calculation.

          > CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
          > We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
          > Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
          > bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
          > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
          > attack and defense for the action..

          The CMD also includes all non-material bonuses to AC, like dodge, deflection,
          or insight bonuses. Basically - for a medium-sizes creature - CMD is equal to
          CMB plus Touch AC.

          > Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
          > Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
          > layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
          > under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
          > the new VARs from the newer dataset.

          The calculations are all made in the data set, and I have implemented this in
          my private OS I'm using in my campaign. If you like, we can talk this over on
          IRC, so you don't need to do any duplicate work. I am online there but it
          might take me some minutes to notice activity in the channel from time to
          time.

          Regards,
          Stefan.
        • Stefan Radermacher
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
            On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
            > The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
            > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
            > attack and defense for the action..

            I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:

            Improved Grapple (Combat)

            You are skilled at grappling opponents.

            Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.

            Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
            combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
            a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
            opponent tries to grapple you.

            Normal: You provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple combat
            maneuver.

            (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#improved-grapple)
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
              On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Stefan Radermacher
              <radermacher@...> wrote:
              > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
              >> The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
              >> lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
              >> attack and defense for the action..
              >
              > I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:
              >
              > Improved Grapple (Combat)
              >
              > You are skilled at grappling opponents.
              >
              > Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
              >
              > Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
              > combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
              > a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
              > opponent tries to grapple you.

              Ah.. Went off the feat table in the PDF, not the full description.
              So the breakout is definitely still needed. If you kept those VARs
              the same, then all I need to do is change the CMB Defense main bit to
              CMD... :)

              I'll go on IRC when I get home (about 6 hours)

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen LST Chimp