Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] CMD not Displayed

  • Saxum Caribetum
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
      David R. Bender wrote:
      > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
      > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
      > that you can use as an example or just use as is.

      Can I ask if (please!) anyone is working to make the standard PDF xslt
      include the CMD? I had a brief look, and concluded that my assumption
      was correct, and I don't understand XLST, so I can't fix it.

      If so, could they also note that the formatting is wrong for -ve CMB
      values: the PDF reads "+-1" for one of our PCs, rather than the expected
      "-1"

      --
      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
        Hi Saxum,

        I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

        ________________________________
        > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
        > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
        > that you can use as an example or just use as is.

        Can I ask if (please!) anyone is working to make the standard PDF xslt
        include the CMD? I had a brief look, and concluded that my assumption
        was correct, and I don't understand XLST, so I can't fix it.

        If so, could they also note that the formatting is wrong for -ve CMB
        values: the PDF reads "+-1" for one of our PCs, rather than the expected
        "-1"

        --
        Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Hollis McCray
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
          On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

          > Hi Saxum,
          >
          > I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

          Wow...

          I just want to say that I personally am amazed by how fast the
          response was to this. RL stuff has kept me busy since Friday, but the
          code monkeys were all over this.

          Way to go team!
          --
          Hollis McCray
          Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

          Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
          Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
          Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
          Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
          Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
            Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
            versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
            some serious time on the PDF layout.

            CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
            standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

            CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
            We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
            Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
            bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
            lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
            attack and defense for the action..

            Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
            Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
            layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
            under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
            the new VARs from the newer dataset.

            Tir Gwaith
            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
              On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
              > Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
              > versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
              > some serious time on the PDF layout.
              >
              > CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
              > standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

              The CMB calculation stays the same, however, you also get all bonuses (and
              penalties) you would get to an attack with the weapon you are using to make
              the combat maneuver with, i.e. from feats like Weapon Focus, spells like
              Bless, or conditions like sickened.

              Not all maneuvers are standard actions, some (like Trip, for example) can be
              used in place of an attack, and thus as part of a full attack or even a monk's
              flurry of blow. In these cases, they get the appropriate -5/-10/-15 penalty
              for iterative attacks.

              Also note that now, tiny ans smaller creatures now use their Dexterity bonus
              instead of Strength for CMB calculation.

              > CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
              > We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
              > Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
              > bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
              > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
              > attack and defense for the action..

              The CMD also includes all non-material bonuses to AC, like dodge, deflection,
              or insight bonuses. Basically - for a medium-sizes creature - CMD is equal to
              CMB plus Touch AC.

              > Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
              > Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
              > layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
              > under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
              > the new VARs from the newer dataset.

              The calculations are all made in the data set, and I have implemented this in
              my private OS I'm using in my campaign. If you like, we can talk this over on
              IRC, so you don't need to do any duplicate work. I am online there but it
              might take me some minutes to notice activity in the channel from time to
              time.

              Regards,
              Stefan.
            • Stefan Radermacher
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                > The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                > attack and defense for the action..

                I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:

                Improved Grapple (Combat)

                You are skilled at grappling opponents.

                Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.

                Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                opponent tries to grapple you.

                Normal: You provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple combat
                maneuver.

                (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#improved-grapple)
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                  On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Stefan Radermacher
                  <radermacher@...> wrote:
                  > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                  >> The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                  >> lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                  >> attack and defense for the action..
                  >
                  > I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:
                  >
                  > Improved Grapple (Combat)
                  >
                  > You are skilled at grappling opponents.
                  >
                  > Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
                  >
                  > Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                  > combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                  > a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                  > opponent tries to grapple you.

                  Ah.. Went off the feat table in the PDF, not the full description.
                  So the breakout is definitely still needed. If you kept those VARs
                  the same, then all I need to do is change the CMB Defense main bit to
                  CMD... :)

                  I'll go on IRC when I get home (about 6 hours)

                  Tir Gwaith
                  PCGen LST Chimp