Need help with finding or modifying the BAB area in 5.12.0

  • jhm
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
      Ok here is what I am trying to do. I don't want to modify the BAB information in the program, I simply want to copy it to define another type of attack that I use in my campaigns and then maybe modify that sometime in the future. I have searched the Help Documentation and files extensively, and either I'm a blind monkey or just a dumb one, but I can't seem to find what I need to be able to do this. I have tried the 'DEFINE' tag in various files but this hasn't worked either. I understand most of the coding necessary to create some of my own custom items in the various source files, but this one has me stumped. Is there anyone out there who might be able to lend me a hand or tail or something.

      Thank you in advance,
      JHM Unlimited
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2009
        jhm wrote:

        Hi,

        > Ok here is what I am trying to do. I don't want to modify the BAB information in the program, I simply want to copy it to define another type of attack that I use in my campaigns and then maybe modify that sometime in the future. I have searched the Help Documentation and files extensively, and either I'm a blind monkey or just a dumb one, but I can't seem to find what I need to be able to do this. I have tried the 'DEFINE' tag in various files but this hasn't worked either. I understand most of the coding necessary to create some of my own custom items in the various source files, but this one has me stumped. Is there anyone out there who might be able to lend me a hand or tail or something.

        DEFINE:YourSpecialAttack|BAB

        Or
        DEFINE:YourSpecialAttack|0
        BONUS:VAR|YourSpecialAttack|BAB

        That is the basics. Hope that helps,
        > Thank you in advance,
        > JHM Unlimite

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      • jhm
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
          Ok I know how to make that code work, but is there any particular file that it needs to go in???
          BTW thank you for the info.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2009
            jhm wrote:
            > Ok I know how to make that code work, but is there any particular file that it needs to go in???
            > BTW thank you for the info.

            You can place it where ever you want. If this is supposed to affect
            every character, then just define it in the gamemode stats and checks
            lst file. Or you can put it in a template and add the template to the
            affected characters. The choice is up to you.

            Just curious, why are you using such an older version?

            - Andrew
          • jhm
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
              I am using 5.12.0 because I have tried using the newer versions, and every time I do it either hangs up or wont load up the new character tab(s) after the source files are loaded. Also I like this version better, it was the first version I started using, and seems to just make the most sense to me.

              > jhm wrote:
              > > Ok I know how to make that code work, but is there any particular file that it needs to go in???
              > > BTW thank you for the info.
              > >
              > You can place it where ever you want. If this is supposed to affect
              > every character, then just define it in the gamemode stats and checks
              > lst file. Or you can put it in a template and add the template to the
              > affected characters. The choice is up to you.
              >
              > Just curious, why are you using such an older version?
              >
              > - Andrew

            • jhm
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
                One more question, how would I go about making it show up on the output sheet and preview tab in the program. Would I need to modify the existing output sheet that I am using to include the attack or would it have to be some other file?

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
                  jhm wrote:
                  > One more question, how would I go about making it show up on the output sheet and preview tab in the program. Would I need to modify the existing output sheet that I am using to include the attack or would it have to be some other file?

                  You'd have to modify the Output Sheet. And let me say from one who has
                  delved into the output sheets, it's not a task for the faint of heart.

                  >> jhm wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Ok I know how to make that code work, but is there any particular file that it needs to go in???
                  >>> BTW thank you for the info.
                  >>>

                  >> You can place it where ever you want. If this is supposed to affect
                  >> every character, then just define it in the gamemode stats and checks
                  >> lst file. Or you can put it in a template and add the template to the
                  >> affected characters. The choice is up to you.
                  >>
                  >> Just curious, why are you using such an older version?
                  >>
                  >> - Andrew

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 4, 2009
                    jhm wrote:
                    > I am using 5.12.0 because I have tried using the newer versions, and every time I do it either hangs up or wont load up the new character tab(s) after the source files are loaded. Also I like this version better, it was the first version I started using, and seems to just make the most sense to me.

                    Wow. If you're having issues with 5.16.1 then I'd like to figure out
                    what the problem is. Likely if you're having a problem, then several
                    others are too.

                    >> jhm wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> Ok I know how to make that code work, but is there any particular file that it needs to go in???
                    >>> BTW thank you for the info.
                    >>>

                    >> You can place it where ever you want. If this is supposed to affect
                    >> every character, then just define it in the gamemode stats and checks
                    >> lst file. Or you can put it in a template and add the template to the
                    >> affected characters. The choice is up to you.
                    >>
                    >> Just curious, why are you using such an older version?
                    >>
                    >> - Andrew

                    > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                  • jhm
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                      Well like I said, the problem I am having is that I can get it to load the source files just fine, but when I click on the new character button or the new NPC button, the program just sits there. Or if it does load up the tab, it hangs up or doesn't load correctly as in not auto-filling certain information that is should auto-fill. I haven't explored around more than that as these issues basically make the program unusable. If you need anymore information on the issues please feel free to email me at jhmunlimited.com@... and I will give you anymore information I can.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 6, 2009
                        I'm going to talk with this person off-list and go through our most
                        known issues. If I encounter anything new, I'll post it here for
                        community feedback and inclusion in a troubleshooting FAQ.