Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] CMD not Displayed

  • Tir Gwaith
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
      Ok, from reading it, it sounds just like the CMB defense from Beta
      (with substitution of Dex+Str instead Str)...

      I'll check the VARs used. Might just need a bit of a tweek on the base.xml

      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp

      On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
      > The Beta did not have CMD (Combat Maneuver Defense), so that is
      > completely new.
      >
      > David
      > Papa.DRB
      >
      > Grognard (definition 1)
      > My better half and me
      > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
      >

      > Tir Gwaith wrote:
      >> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html
      >>>
      >>> Search for "Combat Maneuvers"
      >>>

      >> Differences from the Beta?  I have the PDF set up for the Beta, and I
      >> need to figure out what I need to do to accomodate the final release.
      >>
      >> Tir Gwaith
      >> PCGen LST Chimp
      >>

      >> ------------------------------------
      >>
      >> Related Lists
      >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      >> Yahoo! Groups Links

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

    • rexhammerforge
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2009
        The sheet looks nice! Thanks for doing the work. I'll be putting that into my homebrew sheet!

        My players pointed out to me that there isn't a + in front of CMD it's like AC, just a number.

        Thanx again.
        Rex

        > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
        > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
        > that you can use as an example or just use as is.
        >
        > David
        > Papa.DRB
        >
        > Grognard (definition 1)
        > My better half and me
        > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
        >

        > Hollis McCray wrote:
        > > I was inputting a character from a Pathfinder session on Sunday, and I
        > > noticed something missing on the sheet. The CMB is there, but the CMD
        > > isn't displayed. Do we need a specialized sheet for Pathfinder?

      • Saxum Caribetum
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
          David R. Bender wrote:
          > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
          > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
          > that you can use as an example or just use as is.

          Can I ask if (please!) anyone is working to make the standard PDF xslt
          include the CMD? I had a brief look, and concluded that my assumption
          was correct, and I don't understand XLST, so I can't fix it.

          If so, could they also note that the formatting is wrong for -ve CMB
          values: the PDF reads "+-1" for one of our PCs, rather than the expected
          "-1"

          --
          Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
            Hi Saxum,

            I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

            ________________________________
            > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
            > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
            > that you can use as an example or just use as is.

            Can I ask if (please!) anyone is working to make the standard PDF xslt
            include the CMD? I had a brief look, and concluded that my assumption
            was correct, and I don't understand XLST, so I can't fix it.

            If so, could they also note that the formatting is wrong for -ve CMB
            values: the PDF reads "+-1" for one of our PCs, rather than the expected
            "-1"

            --
            Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"

            ------------------------------------

            Related Lists
            PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Hollis McCray
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
              On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

              > Hi Saxum,
              >
              > I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

              Wow...

              I just want to say that I personally am amazed by how fast the
              response was to this. RL stuff has kept me busy since Friday, but the
              code monkeys were all over this.

              Way to go team!
              --
              Hollis McCray
              Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

              Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
              Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
              Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
              Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
              Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
                versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
                some serious time on the PDF layout.

                CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
                standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

                CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
                We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
                Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
                bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                attack and defense for the action..

                Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
                Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
                layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
                under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
                the new VARs from the newer dataset.

                Tir Gwaith
                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Stefan Radermacher
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                  On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                  > Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
                  > versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
                  > some serious time on the PDF layout.
                  >
                  > CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
                  > standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

                  The CMB calculation stays the same, however, you also get all bonuses (and
                  penalties) you would get to an attack with the weapon you are using to make
                  the combat maneuver with, i.e. from feats like Weapon Focus, spells like
                  Bless, or conditions like sickened.

                  Not all maneuvers are standard actions, some (like Trip, for example) can be
                  used in place of an attack, and thus as part of a full attack or even a monk's
                  flurry of blow. In these cases, they get the appropriate -5/-10/-15 penalty
                  for iterative attacks.

                  Also note that now, tiny ans smaller creatures now use their Dexterity bonus
                  instead of Strength for CMB calculation.

                  > CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
                  > We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
                  > Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
                  > bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                  > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                  > attack and defense for the action..

                  The CMD also includes all non-material bonuses to AC, like dodge, deflection,
                  or insight bonuses. Basically - for a medium-sizes creature - CMD is equal to
                  CMB plus Touch AC.

                  > Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
                  > Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
                  > layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
                  > under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
                  > the new VARs from the newer dataset.

                  The calculations are all made in the data set, and I have implemented this in
                  my private OS I'm using in my campaign. If you like, we can talk this over on
                  IRC, so you don't need to do any duplicate work. I am online there but it
                  might take me some minutes to notice activity in the channel from time to
                  time.

                  Regards,
                  Stefan.
                • Stefan Radermacher
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                    On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                    > The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                    > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                    > attack and defense for the action..

                    I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:

                    Improved Grapple (Combat)

                    You are skilled at grappling opponents.

                    Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.

                    Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                    combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                    a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                    opponent tries to grapple you.

                    Normal: You provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple combat
                    maneuver.

                    (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#improved-grapple)
                  • Tir Gwaith
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                      On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Stefan Radermacher
                      <radermacher@...> wrote:
                      > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                      >> The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                      >> lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                      >> attack and defense for the action..
                      >
                      > I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:
                      >
                      > Improved Grapple (Combat)
                      >
                      > You are skilled at grappling opponents.
                      >
                      > Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
                      >
                      > Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                      > combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                      > a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                      > opponent tries to grapple you.

                      Ah.. Went off the feat table in the PDF, not the full description.
                      So the breakout is definitely still needed. If you kept those VARs
                      the same, then all I need to do is change the CMB Defense main bit to
                      CMD... :)

                      I'll go on IRC when I get home (about 6 hours)

                      Tir Gwaith
                      PCGen LST Chimp