Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] CMD not Displayed

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hollis McCray wrote:
      > I was inputting a character from a Pathfinder session on Sunday, and I
      > noticed something missing on the sheet. The CMB is there, but the CMD
      > isn't displayed. Do we need a specialized sheet for Pathfinder?

      Which sheet? Htm? PDF?

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
        I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
        the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
        that you can use as an example or just use as is.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
          http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html

          Search for "Combat Maneuvers"

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard (definition 1)
          My better half and me

          Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:01 AM, Hollis McCray
          > <ascensionschild@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I was inputting a character from a Pathfinder session on Sunday, and I
          >> noticed something missing on the sheet. The CMB is there, but the CMD
          >> isn't displayed. Do we need a specialized sheet for Pathfinder?
          >>

          > Can someone explain the final rules CMB vs. CMD? That way I can
          > figure out how the sheet needs to be changed to output that stuff..
          >
          > Tir Gwaith
          > PCGen LST Chimp

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

        • Hollis McCray
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
            On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

            > Hollis McCray wrote:
            > > I was inputting a character from a Pathfinder session on Sunday, and I
            > > noticed something missing on the sheet. The CMB is there, but the CMD
            > > isn't displayed. Do we need a specialized sheet for Pathfinder?
            > >

            > Which sheet? Htm? PDF?

            It was the PDF output sheet.
            --
            Hollis McCray
            Mutant Registration Number #US2002023904

            Warning: Proximity to this individual may expose you to the following RPGs:
            Fate: http://www.faterpg.com
            Mutants & Masterminds: http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com
            Swashbucklers of the Seven Skies: http://www.7skies.net/
            Please visit these websites in order to protect yourself.
          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
              On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
              > http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html
              >
              > Search for "Combat Maneuvers"

              Differences from the Beta? I have the PDF set up for the Beta, and I
              need to figure out what I need to do to accomodate the final release.

              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen LST Chimp
            • David R. Bender
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
                The Beta did not have CMD (Combat Maneuver Defense), so that is
                completely new.

                David
                Papa.DRB

                Grognard (definition 1)
                My better half and me

                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 2, 2009
                  Ok, from reading it, it sounds just like the CMB defense from Beta
                  (with substitution of Dex+Str instead Str)...

                  I'll check the VARs used. Might just need a bit of a tweek on the base.xml

                  Tir Gwaith
                  PCGen LST Chimp

                  On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:37 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                  > The Beta did not have CMD (Combat Maneuver Defense), so that is
                  > completely new.
                  >
                  > David
                  > Papa.DRB
                  >
                  > Grognard (definition 1)
                  > My better half and me
                  > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
                  >

                  > Tir Gwaith wrote:
                  >> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:11 AM, David R. Bender <Papa.DRB@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html
                  >>>
                  >>> Search for "Combat Maneuvers"
                  >>>

                  >> Differences from the Beta?  I have the PDF set up for the Beta, and I
                  >> need to figure out what I need to do to accomodate the final release.
                  >>
                  >> Tir Gwaith
                  >> PCGen LST Chimp
                  >>

                  >> ------------------------------------
                  >>
                  >> Related Lists
                  >> PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                  > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                • rexhammerforge
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 3, 2009
                    The sheet looks nice! Thanks for doing the work. I'll be putting that into my homebrew sheet!

                    My players pointed out to me that there isn't a + in front of CMD it's like AC, just a number.

                    Thanx again.
                    Rex

                    > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
                    > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
                    > that you can use as an example or just use as is.
                    >
                    > David
                    > Papa.DRB
                    >
                    > Grognard (definition 1)
                    > My better half and me
                    > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
                    >

                    > Hollis McCray wrote:
                    > > I was inputting a character from a Pathfinder session on Sunday, and I
                    > > noticed something missing on the sheet. The CMB is there, but the CMD
                    > > isn't displayed. Do we need a specialized sheet for Pathfinder?

                  • Saxum Caribetum
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
                      David R. Bender wrote:
                      > I just uploaded my Pathfinder output sheet that includes CMB & CMD to
                      > the files section and had Yahoo send a note. It is a simple html sheet
                      > that you can use as an example or just use as is.

                      Can I ask if (please!) anyone is working to make the standard PDF xslt
                      include the CMD? I had a brief look, and concluded that my assumption
                      was correct, and I don't understand XLST, so I can't fix it.

                      If so, could they also note that the formatting is wrong for -ve CMB
                      values: the PDF reads "+-1" for one of our PCs, rather than the expected
                      "-1"

                      --
                      Neil Taylor "Creo Imaginem Mente"
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
                        Hi Saxum,

                        I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 6, 2009
                          On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Saxum,
                          >
                          > I believe Tir is handling that particular issue.

                          Wow...

                          I just want to say that I personally am amazed by how fast the
                          response was to this. RL stuff has kept me busy since Friday, but the
                          code monkeys were all over this.

                          Way to go team!

                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                            Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
                            versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
                            some serious time on the PDF layout.

                            CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
                            standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

                            CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
                            We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
                            Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
                            bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                            lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                            attack and defense for the action..

                            Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
                            Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
                            layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
                            under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
                            the new VARs from the newer dataset.

                            Tir Gwaith
                            PCGen LST Chimp
                          • Stefan Radermacher
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                              On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                              > Ok, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm summarizing the Beta vs. Final
                              > versions of Pathfinder CMB. If I have this wrong, I'm going to waste
                              > some serious time on the PDF layout.
                              >
                              > CMB base stays the same. Looks like all the CMB actions are now
                              > standard, so no need for the multiple attacks bits? Is that right?

                              The CMB calculation stays the same, however, you also get all bonuses (and
                              penalties) you would get to an attack with the weapon you are using to make
                              the combat maneuver with, i.e. from feats like Weapon Focus, spells like
                              Bless, or conditions like sickened.

                              Not all maneuvers are standard actions, some (like Trip, for example) can be
                              used in place of an attack, and thus as part of a full attack or even a monk's
                              flurry of blow. In these cases, they get the appropriate -5/-10/-15 penalty
                              for iterative attacks.

                              Also note that now, tiny ans smaller creatures now use their Dexterity bonus
                              instead of Strength for CMB calculation.

                              > CMB Defense is now "CMD" which adds Dex and Str to the base defense.
                              > We'll still need the various defenses, since Dwarves get the bonus to
                              > Trip and Bull Rush still (so I can assume the rest will have various
                              > bonuses in places). The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                              > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                              > attack and defense for the action..

                              The CMD also includes all non-material bonuses to AC, like dodge, deflection,
                              or insight bonuses. Basically - for a medium-sizes creature - CMD is equal to
                              CMB plus Touch AC.

                              > Is all that right? If so, then I think I can make the PDF changes.
                              > Most of the work will be the new XSL adding Dex into the bit (base
                              > layout is the hardest bit for me - the loopy stuff I've kinda got
                              > under my belt - just takes time to code..) and the rest aligning up to
                              > the new VARs from the newer dataset.

                              The calculations are all made in the data set, and I have implemented this in
                              my private OS I'm using in my campaign. If you like, we can talk this over on
                              IRC, so you don't need to do any duplicate work. I am online there but it
                              might take me some minutes to notice activity in the channel from time to
                              time.

                              Regards,
                              Stefan.
                            • Stefan Radermacher
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                                On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                                > The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                                > lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                                > attack and defense for the action..

                                I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:

                                Improved Grapple (Combat)

                                You are skilled at grappling opponents.

                                Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.

                                Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                                combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                                a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                                opponent tries to grapple you.

                                Normal: You provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple combat
                                maneuver.

                                (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/feats.html#improved-grapple)
                              • Tir Gwaith
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 7, 2009
                                  On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Stefan Radermacher
                                  <radermacher@...> wrote:
                                  > On Wednesday 07 October 2009 12:16:59 Tir Gwaith wrote:
                                  >> The bigger need for the CMD various actions is
                                  >> lessened since the "Improved" Feats now don't seem to add to both
                                  >> attack and defense for the action..
                                  >
                                  > I forgot this. How are you getting this? For example:
                                  >
                                  > Improved Grapple (Combat)
                                  >
                                  > You are skilled at grappling opponents.
                                  >
                                  > Prerequisite: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.
                                  >
                                  > Benefit: You do not provoke an attack of opportunity when performing a grapple
                                  > combat maneuver. In addition, you receive a +2 bonus on checks made to grapple
                                  > a foe. You also receive a +2 bonus to your Combat Maneuver Defense whenever an
                                  > opponent tries to grapple you.

                                  Ah.. Went off the feat table in the PDF, not the full description.
                                  So the breakout is definitely still needed. If you kept those VARs
                                  the same, then all I need to do is change the CMB Defense main bit to
                                  CMD... :)

                                  I'll go on IRC when I get home (about 6 hours)

                                  Tir Gwaith
                                  PCGen LST Chimp