BoD Log 9/28/09

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2009
      [Chair]Eddy: it's 10, shall we begin
      [Chair]Eddy: *bangs gavel* welcome everyone
      [Chair]Eddy: Looks like a full house tonight
      [Chair]Eddy: Kar is here! I think that's a first
      [Chair]Eddy: I'll begin with the Content report
      €: [Arch_SB]thpr bets Kar is asleep
      [Chair]Eddy: Content Report:
      [Chair]Eddy: Docs
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc Bugs: 4 for 6.0 (4 total, +2 since last meeting)
      €: [PR_SB]Maredudd slaps karianna around a bit with a large trout
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc FREQs: 62 for 6.0 (63 total, unchanged since last meeting)

      [Chair]Eddy: Output Sheets
      [Chair]Eddy: OS Bugs: 5 for 6.0 (12 total, unchanged since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: OS FREQs: 0 for 6.0 (36 total, unchanged since last meeting)

      [Chair]Eddy: Data
      [Chair]Eddy: Data Bugs: 7 for 6.0, 5 for 5.16.2 (43 Total, +3 since last
      meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data FREQs: 6 for 6.0, 3 for 5.16.2 (118 Total, +2 since last
      meeting)

      [Chair]Eddy: New Source Development: 2 for 6.0, 4 for 5.16.2 (16 Total, +1
      since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Questions?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: None from PR
      [Arch_SB]thpr: n
      [Admin]Drew: None from Admin
      [Chair]Eddy: WHo wants to go next?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Drew does.
      [Admin]Drew: Uh, okay... :P
      [Chair]Eddy: You're up Drew
      [Admin]Drew: Grabbing notes I submitted
      [Admin]Drew: 1) Webteam - Jira Plan of Action - we need more involvement
      from the other teams to proceed. Barring that, a mock has been put up for
      some testing purposes. Be mindful that most of the project has been me
      messing around with settings, I have no experience beyond intuition and
      fiddling with things. If anyone has experience please, feel free to add
      your thoughts. Tom Parker has made mention of some features he'd like, as
      ha
      [Admin]Drew: Domain Transfer - pcgen-test.org is making progress... it's a
      painful process but we've got the ball rolling. The domain will be assigned
      to the VPS, and a redirect to the www.pcgen.org will be put in place (or
      correct link(s) if needed). - Handled by Koen and Anestis.
      [Admin]Drew: - The transfer has been initiated... so this should be soon...
      Thanks Anestis and Koen
      [Admin]Drew: Joomla - Tom Cooper has been hit up by the RL. No progress
      there. Our new coder Steven West has some experience with Joomla, so if I
      don't have anything soon, I may ask him for assistance.
      [Admin]Drew: 2) Releases - This is up to the BoD. James will be unable to do
      any releases for a bit, in his absence, I can do a release if deemed
      needed. Are we at a point where this is desired?
      [Admin]Drew: 3) Tracker team - as usual, things are doing okay here. With
      the huge influx of reports, I do ask that you flag tracker items needed
      with [TM] in the subject line, and if you do tracker the item(s) that you
      flag it with [Trackered]. This helps us see at a glance which posts need a
      tracker, and which ones have been already done. We've seen a lot of traffic
      on the pcgen and listhelp groups.
      [Admin]Drew: And as a side note:
      [Admin]Drew: Outputsheets - I've done some tinkering with the trunk stuff,
      and gotten a few nice results. Source now displays for abilities and feats;
      new groupings for the new set I'm working on as well as the homebrew
      stuff/support. This includes the 4e csheet now working as intended.
      [Admin]Drew: Okay, that's my big items this cycle.... Any questions?
      [Chair]Eddy: none here, kudo's on doing some OS work
      [Admin]Drew: Thanks, I had some assistance from Stefan on the Source
      portion.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: As a comment on trackers, if you tracker something, please
      include either (1) A link (URL) to the original problem thread or (2) The
      Mailing List, Subject, and Date of the source thread.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I second that
      [Arch_SB]thpr: If you don't do that, there is a very high chance the tracker
      will come back to you as pending
      [Arch_SB]thpr: because it is unclear, can't be reproduced, etc.
      [Admin]Drew: Okay, I'll add that to the Tracker WIKI requirements.
      [Admin]Drew: Unless there are any questions, that's it from me...
      [Chair]Eddy: Eric, can you go next?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Most certainly!
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: There has been no activity the last two weeks for the
      Licensing Team but that may change in the next day or two as we have a
      recent poster on PCGenListFileHelp getting ready to submit a data set for
      AEG's Empire sourcebook.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Battlefield Press has a new source that is waiting for the
      final data set before finalizing the licensing review.
      [Admin]Drew: Jon is sending that to me very soon. ;)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: On the PL front, there has been nothing new.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: The activities for the Advertising team have been limited
      to supportiing the new PCGen page on Facebook as well as @PCGen on twitter.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: As a quick reminder, you can find PCGen on Facebook here:
      http://www.facebook.com/PCGen
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: On twitter just search for @PCGen
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: As a final note, anyone interested in helping out with the
      Social Media outlets plerase contact me and I'll add you to the team.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Any questions?
      [Chair]Eddy: None here
      [Arch_SB]thpr: n
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: For those who are already fans of the PCGen page on
      Facebook, please provide me with your feedback . . .preferably on the page .
      . . :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, Tom I guess James can't make it tonight, can you go for
      Code and Arch?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: yep
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Bugs: 85, 4 n32 and 2 closed since last meeting
      [Arch_SB]thpr: we also have another one soon to be closed
      [Arch_SB]thpr: n32 = new (oops)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: thanks to two new developers (Steven and Mike) for two of
      those fixes
      [Arch_SB]thpr: FREQs: 512, 3 new and 2 closed since last meeting (2 closed
      were done previously and were cleanup)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: On actions from the last BoD, on items for 5.16
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Will fix in 5.16: 2844428, 2856622
      [Arch_SB]thpr: will not fix in 5.16: 2857848, 2857849, 2856626
      [Arch_SB]thpr: unlikely to fix in 5.16: 2839454 (will only fix if I find a
      clean way to do it)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Require further investigation, action for next meeting:
      2856885, 2857546, 2867719, 2837767
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I was a bit bandwidth limited and couldn't quite finish the
      list
      [Arch_SB]thpr: light on the arch work since last BoD - did have my
      discussion with nuance following from the code team meeting
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I have some additional work to do out of that to get him
      started again on the formula system eval
      [Arch_SB]thpr: any questions (combined report)?
      [Chair]Eddy: I got one
      [Chair]Eddy: how soon do you need the data conversion completed?
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm wondering how to prioritize my time
      [Arch_SB]thpr: given RL over the next 2-3 wks and current priority of
      writing tests for facets, I probably wouldn't even look at the CHOOSE system
      until Nov
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so at least 4 weeks
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that a good enough answer for now or do you want more
      specific?
      [Chair]Eddy: that's good
      [Chair]Eddy: I can probably have it done by then and still hit some other
      things
      [Arch_SB]thpr: any other ?s
      [Chair]Eddy: K, anyone else?
      [Admin]Drew: none here.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: None here.
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, let's go to the agenda then
      [Chair]Eddy: 1.) 5.16.2 - How close are we? I assume the sensible thing to
      do is to wait until the Pathfinder bugs trickle down to almost nothing.
      [Chair]Eddy: Data is still developing and we are still getting feedback
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think I agree on the settling point, in addition to the
      code team getting fixes in
      [Chair]Eddy: I understand the code work is still pending as well so we're
      not quite ready for an RC yet
      [Chair]Eddy: So we're making slow but steady progress, all good
      [Admin]Drew: Agreed, we should hold off till we're further along.
      [Chair]Eddy: anything left to say?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Not from PR
      [Chair]Eddy: next item then
      [Chair]Eddy: 2.) 5.17.x (the road to 6.0.0) - I'm pretty happy with
      progress here, Looks like Tom, James and Connor are moving the code along
      and Eddy has been able to run the appropriate data converters.
      [Chair]Eddy: 2.a) How far away are we from a prototype of the UI? I've
      been involved in a few UI based projects in my time and I can't state enough
      how important it is for users to get their hands on something to give
      feedback to early in the piece. I really don't want to see Connor spending
      weeks of work on the UI only to have the community shoot it down and
      crushing his soul :).
      [Chair]Eddy: 2.b) I think we're pretty sorted on what the Roadmap for 6.0.0
      is, task for me to document that on the wiki and explain to the community
      what we're doing and why (at that point I'm expecting some clamouring on the
      UI front).
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I thought we addressed 2b last week
      [Arch_SB]thpr: [Code_SB]james: I think we should produce a demo once it
      gives an idea of
      [Arch_SB]thpr: how it would be used. So things like the summary tab and the
      display of the
      [Arch_SB]thpr: character sheet would be the remaining priority things IMO
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so that's the work required, Connor would have to provide a
      timeline, I'm not that close to it
      [Arch_SB]thpr: err I meant 2a, sorry
      [Chair]Eddy: that sounds resolved then
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I thought it was :)
      [Chair]Eddy: as for my part I'll shoot to wrap up data conversion in Oct
      [Arch_SB]thpr: and looks like Kar has an action on the Wiki
      [Chair]Eddy: Yup
      [Admin]Drew: Hey all, I gotta run... Duty calls. Night.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: 'night Drew
      [Chair]Eddy: Night Drew
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Night Drew
      [Chair]Eddy: next item
      [Chair]Eddy: Actually I think that's it
      [Chair]Eddy: Do we have any open discussion items?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I have a quick note.
      [Chair]Eddy: Go
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I'll be in/around Shreveport LA this coming weekend and
      plan on meeting Jonathan from Battlefield Press for Lunch. The purpose is to
      meet him and discuss a few items of interest to the PR team.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Thats it.
      irc: [Admin]Drew has left pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyone else?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I have an item
      [Chair]Eddy: Go
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I still have about 400ish flyers if anyone is going to a con
      or their local game shop has a spot for free items I can send them some.
      [OGL]Nylanfs: That's it
      [Chair]Eddy: Thanks Paul, anyone else?
      [Chair]Eddy: OK then, let's call this one done, *bangs gavel*, thanks
      everyone!