Re: [pcgen] Re: Has PC Gen been updated to support Vista yet?

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 20, 2009
      z.calibur wrote:
      > Andrew Maitland wrote: What problem are you experiencing?
      >
      > z.calibur responds: I can't input the latest Pathfinder data set that the codemonkey's have released into the 5.17.0 version of PCGen it keeps coming up as a cannot create folder and installation failed.

      Wow, windows sure does like making simple tasks harder.

      Okay, easy workaround while I punt this latest issue to the team... The
      folder you get. Inside there will be two or more folders -

      data
      system
      outputsheet

      if there is more then just do the same thing I say here.

      Disclaimer - always back up or verify what you are about to do so you
      don't lose your data. This method is generally safe for me, but your
      results may vary.

      Copy and Paste those folders into the main pcgen folder that has those
      same folders (It will ask if you are sure, say yes) and it will
      overwrite the pathfinder stuff... that's the easy way. If you want to be
      extra careful, drill down to just the pathfinder folder ( the one that
      holds all the actual lst files) and copy that into the pathfinder folder
      on your system.

      for reference default pcgen folder in a typical windows install is
      c:/program files/pcgen/pcgen5160

      though for win7 I think it's different...

      Repeat with the gamemode folder under system and the outputsheets.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin