Re: [pcgen] [Pathfinder] Bug in Race & Class Selection

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 10 4:44 AM
      Well, that was a surprise!

      Thanks, all is well.

      David
      Papa.DRB

      Grognard (definition 1)
      My better half and me

      Stefan Radermacher wrote:
      > On Thursday 10 September 2009 13:10:58 David R. Bender wrote:
      >
      >> Create character.
      >>
      >> When selecting Human as Race, there is no pop-up for Favored Class, nor
      >> for the +2 ability score.
      >>

      > We are moving away from the pop-ups. Both of these properties are set on the
      > Abilities/Racial Abilities tab.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Stefan.
    • David R. Bender
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 10 10:38 AM
        I had this working with the PfRPG-BETA files, and am trying to update my
        personal stuff for the final rule set. It is probably right in front of
        my face, but I can't see it. This is for my Legacy of Fire campaign.
        Only the relevant parts of the files are shown.

        This is the error message:
        LSTERROR
        file:/C:/Users/David/PCGen/data/DRB-Data/PCC-files/../LoF/lofpg_abilities.lst
        (8): PObject CATEGORY=Special Ability|Campaign Trait not found; .MOD
        skipped.
        All Done

        .pcc file
        # Legacy of Fire material (campaign traits, players guide)
        ABILITYCATEGORY:..\LoF\lofpg_abilitycategories.lst
        ABILITY:..\LoF\lofpg_abilities.lst
        ABILITY:..\LoF\lofpg_abilities_traits.lst

        abilitycatetories.lst file
        ABILITYCATEGORY:Campaign Trait VISIBLE:YES EDITABLE:YES
        EDITPOOL:YES FRACTIONALPOOL:NO CATEGORY:Special Ability
        TYPE:Trait PLURAL:Campaign Traits DISPLAYLOCATION:Traits

        ability.lst file
        CATEGORY=Special Ability|Campaign Trait.MOD
        BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Campaign Trait|2

        It has to be something simple, but I've played with it so long that I am
        just confusing myself....

        The Trait tab shows up, but there are non listed and I get 0/0 choice.

        David
        Papa.DRB

        Grognard (definition 1)
        My better half and me
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 10 11:05 AM
          That's cause you're trying to MOD the ABILITYCATEGORY instead of an ABILITY.

          If you want the Ability Cat to have two choices, just add POOL:2 to it. If it's bonused by an ability then put the BONUS:ABILITYPOOL in the ability.

          ________________________________
[...]

          ------------------------------------

          Related Lists
          PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • grafixgibbs
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 10 6:20 PM
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@... wrote:

            > PCGen is pleased to announce the release, and immediate availability for download, of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook data set!

            Forgive my ignorance but is it useable on a Mac?
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 10 6:42 PM
              Simple answer - Yes.
              Complex answer - I'm not a Mac user, but several others are and they can
              help you. There is a Mac installer for 5.16.x, then you can load the
              Pathfinder datasets into it after the initial Mac install.

              David
              Papa.DRB

              Grognard (definition 1)
              My better half and me

              grafixgibbs wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, maredudd@... wrote:
              >
              >> PCGen is pleased to announce the release, and immediate availability for download, of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook data set!
              >>

              > Forgive my ignorance but is it useable on a Mac?
            • maredudd800
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 10 6:48 PM
                Greetings Folks!

                grafixgibbs wrote:
                > Mmaredudd wrote:
                > >
                > > PCGen is pleased to announce the release, and immediate availability for download, of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook data set!
                > >

                > Forgive my ignorance but is it useable on a Mac?

                It most certainly does! (I'm a Mac user myself)

                Go to the PCGen download page here:

                http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php

                Download the Mac file and follow the instruction for installing.

                Then click on the link to the new data set and follow the
                installation instructions, both found in the release notes.

                You'll be good to go!

                Maredudd
              • grafixgibbs
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 10 7:04 PM
                  Thank you

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "maredudd800" <maredudd@...> wrote:

                  > Greetings Folks!
                  >
                  > grafixgibbs wrote:
                  > > Mmaredudd wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > PCGen is pleased to announce the release, and immediate availability for download, of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook data set!
                  > > >

                  > > Forgive my ignorance but is it useable on a Mac?
                  > >

                  > It most certainly does! (I'm a Mac user myself)
                  >
                  > Go to the PCGen download page here:
                  >
                  > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php
                  >
                  > Download the Mac file and follow the instruction for installing.
                  >
                  > Then click on the link to the new data set and follow the
                  > installation instructions, both found in the release notes.
                  >
                  > You'll be good to go!
                  >
                  > Maredudd

                • Patrick

                    Howdy and juse started playing with the new rule set and so far no
                    problems that I have found and I am a Linux user here. and for the ones
                    that did not know the ASC file is just a pgp sig file

                    Patrick

                    grafixgibbs wrote:
                    > Thank you
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "maredudd800" <maredudd@...> wrote:
                    >> Greetings Folks!
                    >>
                    >> grafixgibbs wrote:
                    >>>>
                    >>> Forgive my ignorance but is it useable on a Mac?
                    >>>
                    >> It most certainly does! (I'm a Mac user myself)
                    >>
                    >> Go to the PCGen download page here:
                    >>
                    >> http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php
                    >>
                    >> Download the Mac file and follow the instruction for installing.
                    >>
                    >> Then click on the link to the new data set and follow the
                    >> installation instructions, both found in the release notes.
                    >>
                    >> You'll be good to go!
                    >>
                    >> Maredudd

                  • Dave
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 11 1:05 PM
                      I create a new character from scratch using the new Pathfinder data set:

                      Halfling

                      Str 14 (12 modified)

                      Dex 16 (18 modified)

                      I gave her weapon finesse as a level one feat. While it applied to her
                      unarmed attack (total of +5 to attack) it did not seem to take affect for
                      other light weapons, such as the dagger, which only showed her strength
                      modifier applied.

                      Can anyone confirm this, or is it a freak issue with my system?

                      Also, CMD doesn't seem to be calculating at all. The defense values for
                      each item are listed as 0, while they should be 10+Str+Dex+BAB+special size
                      modifier (different from size attack modifier).

                      Thanks

                      -Dave

                    • Barak
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 11 4:58 PM

                        Did you give the Halfling an appropriately sized dagger?

                        Barak
                      • Dave
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 11 6:54 PM
                          Yes, I had auto-size selected and verified that it was a small dagger.
                          Maybe the issue is actually with the auto-sizing?

                          > I gave her weapon finesse as a level one feat. While it applied to her
                          > unarmed attack (total of +5 to attack) it did not seem to take affect
                          > for
                          > other light weapons, such as the dagger, which only showed her strength
                          > modifier applied.
                          >

                          > Can anyone confirm this, or is it a freak issue with my system?

                          Did you give the Halfling an appropriately sized dagger?

                          Barak

                        • Eddy Anthony
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 11 8:30 PM
                            Haven't tested this yet but it's Trackered:
                            2857337 [Pathfinder] weapon finesse bug, CMD
                            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2857337&group_id=25576&atid
                            =750091

                            Dave scribed:

                            --
                            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 14 2:43 PM
                              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <countbuggula@...> wrote:

                              >I gave her weapon finesse as a level one feat. While it applied to
                              >her
                              >unarmed attack (total of +5 to attack) it did not seem to take
                              >affect for
                              >other light weapons, such as the dagger, which only showed her
                              >strength
                              >modifier applied.

                              Weapon Finesse worked for me. I created a hflg rogue 1 with 14 STR (modified to 12) and 16 DEX (modified to 18). I got +5 to unarmed attack. I selected the auto-resize option on the inventory tab and purchased a dagger. I got a small dagger which I equipped and saw a +5 to hit modifier. Then I removed the dagger and deleted the custom item. I used the create custom item feature to create a small dagger, turned off the auto-resize feature, added both a small dagger and a medium dagger to the character and equipped them. I got +5 to hit with the small dagger, and +3 to hit with the medium dagger. Those were the numbers I expected to see.

                              >Also, CMD doesn't seem to be calculating at all. The defense values
                              >for
                              >each item are listed as 0, while they should be
                              >10+Str+Dex+BAB+special size
                              >modifier (different from size attack modifier).

                              CMB and CMD are calculated differently than they were in the beta, so if the data team copied the information over directly, there will need to be some adjustments.

                              Cheers,

                              Sir George Anonymous