Re: PCGen Pauses

  • kc0elg_extra
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 5, 2009
      Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@...> wrote:

      > No problem, yes they were the same pause. Probably closer to a minute apart then two minutes. Let me know if you need anything else from me or if you would like another trace.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@> wrote:
      > >

      > > And they were the same pause? (not trying to be rude, just double checking that I'm interpreting the traces correctly)
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Probably one to two minutes a part between capture. I can space it out further if you need me to. Let me know.

    • thpr
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 5, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@...> wrote:

        > Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?

        The trace is showing code that really shouldn't be hit, indicating something isn't working right.

        Are you using data from PCGen, or custom data? Do you define any SOURCE*: tokens in that data if it's custom data?

        When you view the Abilities (Feat) tab, and sort by Source, are there any Abilities that are not sorted under the list of sources?

        TP.
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 10, 2009
          thpr wrote:

          BUMP

          Our Coder Tom is trying to resolve this. Please reply here or by private
          Email... whatever works best. Thanks.

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?
          >>

          > The trace is showing code that really shouldn't be hit, indicating something isn't working right.
          >
          > Are you using data from PCGen, or custom data? Do you define any SOURCE*: tokens in that data if it's custom data?
          >
          > When you view the Abilities (Feat) tab, and sort by Source, are there any Abilities that are not sorted under the list of sources?
          >
          > TP.

          > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        • Michael Derbort
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
            Sorry for the delay. Been out of town for a couple of days. What can I do to help.

            ________________________________
            Our Coder Tom is trying to resolve this. Please reply here or by private
            Email... whatever works best. Thanks.

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups. com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@ ...> wrote:
            >
            >> Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?
            >>

            > The trace is showing code that really shouldn't be hit, indicating something isn't working right.
            >
            > Are you using data from PCGen, or custom data? Do you define any SOURCE*: tokens in that data if it's custom data?
            >
            > When you view the Abilities (Feat) tab, and sort by Source, are there any Abilities that are not sorted under the list of sources?
            >
            > TP.

            > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen. sourceforge. net
            > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki. pcgen.org/
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://wiki. pcgen.org/ index.php? title=Roadmap
            > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen. sourceforge. net/07_autobuild s.php
            > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen. akozakis. id.au/autobuilds /download. html
            >
            > PCGen List File Help: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ PCGenListFileHel p/
            >
            > PCGen Experimental: http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ pcgen_experiment al/

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • kc0elg_extra
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
              I'm using default data from PCGEn no custom data. Did not see any abilities that were not sorted under the list of sources.

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?
              > >

              > The trace is showing code that really shouldn't be hit, indicating something isn't working right.
              >
              > Are you using data from PCGen, or custom data? Do you define any SOURCE*: tokens in that data if it's custom data?
              >
              > When you view the Abilities (Feat) tab, and sort by Source, are there any Abilities that are not sorted under the list of sources?
              >
              > TP.

            • thpr
              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
                Ok, I've got it and now reproduced it. Don't have minutes, but certainly have long pauses that I can narrow down why they are happening.

                TM, a Bug please to keep track of this work.

                TP.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@...> wrote:

                > I'm using default data from PCGEn no custom data. Did not see any abilities that were not sorted under the list of sources.
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "kc0elg_extra" <kc0elg_extra@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Any update on this issue? Any thoughts?
                > > >

                > > The trace is showing code that really shouldn't be hit, indicating something isn't working right.
                > >
                > > Are you using data from PCGen, or custom data? Do you define any SOURCE*: tokens in that data if it's custom data?
                > >
                > > When you view the Abilities (Feat) tab, and sort by Source, are there any Abilities that are not sorted under the list of sources?
                > >
                > > TP.

              • Michael W. Fender
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
                  Trackered:
                  2857243 - Long Pauses
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2857243&group_id=25576&atid=384719

                  Accessing file 12991.12993.14839

                  Data from user thpr is as follows:

                  --
                  Fluxxdog

                  think.
                • thpr
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 11, 2009
                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "thpr" <thpr@...> wrote:

                    > Ok, I've got it and now reproduced it. Don't have minutes, but certainly have long pauses that I can narrow down why they are happening.
                    >
                    > TM, a Bug please to keep track of this work.
                    >
                    > TP.

                    I have fixed this in the Trunk (to the first order) - need to backport to 5.16 so if we release a 5.16.2 it will be captured there.

                    TP.