Deities Granted Innate Spells

  • claudelimberger
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 24, 2009
      I am a long time PCGen user... but rarely post here.

      I have been having difficulty in 5161 with the following command when adding granted innate spells under my custom deities in 3.5 RSRD

      SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL+4|Enthrall,12+WIS

      I have been successfully using this command since at least 5101, but I have not been able to get it to work in 5161.
      Please advise.
    • Claude Limberger
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
        No one know answer?

        >I am a long time PCGen user... but rarely post here.
        >
        >I have been having difficulty in 5161 with the following command
        >when adding granted innate spells under my custom deities in 3.5 RSRD
        >
        >SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL+4|Enthrall,12+WIS
        >
        >I have been successfully using this command since at least 5101, but
        >I have not been able to get it to work in 5161.
        >Please advise.

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
          Claude Limberger wrote:
          > No one know answer?
          >

          >> I am a long time PCGen user... but rarely post here.
          >>
          >> I have been having difficulty in 5161 with the following command
          >> when adding granted innate spells under my custom deities in 3.5 RSRD
          >>
          >> SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL+4|Enthrall,12+WIS
          >>
          >> I have been successfully using this command since at least 5101, but
          >> I have not been able to get it to work in 5161.
          >> Please advise.

          The tag looks correct, have you double checked to make sure the spell is
          actually loaded? That would prevent it from showing up.

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
            > >> I am a long time PCGen user... but rarely post here.
            > >>
            > >> I have been having difficulty in 5161 with the following command
            > >> when adding granted innate spells under my custom deities in 3.5 RSRD
            > >>
            > >> SPELLS:Innate|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=TL+4|Enthrall,12+WIS
            > >>
            > >> I have been successfully using this command since at least 5101, but
            > >> I have not been able to get it to work in 5161.
            > >> Please advise.
            > >>

            >The tag looks correct, have you double checked to make sure the spell is
            >actually loaded? That would prevent it from showing up.

            The spell is loaded.... I guess I should have mentioned that I have
            21 custom deities ... each one has one to five granted innate spells
            ... and none of the innate spells are working.... and yes they are
            all loaded....

            Command works in previous versions but not 5161....

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
              Claude Limberger wrote:

              Greetings,

              I've tested this on 5.16.1 and it works perfectly for me inside an ability.

              How is the Deity adding this innate spell to the follower?

              Can you include a snippet. It may be the deity is not working as expected.

              >> The tag looks correct, have you double checked to make sure the spell is
              >> actually loaded? That would prevent it from showing up.
              >>

              > The spell is loaded.... I guess I should have mentioned that I have
              > 21 custom deities ... each one has one to five granted innate spells
              > ... and none of the innate spells are working.... and yes they are
              > all loaded....
              >
              > Command works in previous versions but not 5161....
              >

              >> --
              >> ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              >> ~ PCGen Board of Directors
              >> ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second

              > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

            • Claude Limberger
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
                >Greetings,

                Hello

                >I've tested this on 5.16.1 and it works perfectly for me inside an ability.
                >How is the Deity adding this innate spell to the follower?

                Under LST Editors... I use the Deity Editor... I go to the Advanced
                tab .... and enter the command with the right tag....

                >Can you include a snippet. It may be the deity is not working as expected.

                Emacs!

                I do not do anything else.... as I said works fine in 5141

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
                  Claude Limberger wrote:
                  >> Greetings,
                  >>

                  > Hello
                  >

                  >> I've tested this on 5.16.1 and it works perfectly for me inside an ability.
                  >> How is the Deity adding this innate spell to the follower?
                  >>

                  > Under LST Editors... I use the Deity Editor... I go to the Advanced
                  > tab .... and enter the command with the right tag....
                  >

                  >> Can you include a snippet. It may be the deity is not working as expected.
                  >>

                  > Emacs!
                  >

                  > I do not do anything else.... as I said works fine in 5141

                  Well, The editor isn't playing nice in my version of 5.16.1. Which would
                  likely be the cause of it. Selections aren't 'sticking', I recall that
                  bug, it's fixed in the 5.17 line if memory serves me correctly.

                  Best bet would be to manually enter that value in a deity file and it
                  should work for you.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
                    > >> Greetings,
                    > >
                    > > Hello
                    > >
                    > >> I've tested this on 5.16.1 and it works perfectly for me inside
                    > an ability.
                    > >> How is the Deity adding this innate spell to the follower?
                    > >>

                    > > Under LST Editors... I use the Deity Editor... I go to the Advanced
                    > > tab .... and enter the command with the right tag....
                    > >

                    > >> Can you include a snippet. It may be the deity is not working as expected.
                    > >>

                    > > Emacs!
                    > >

                    > > I do not do anything else.... as I said works fine in 5141
                    > >

                    >Well, The editor isn't playing nice in my version of 5.16.1. Which would
                    >likely be the cause of it. Selections aren't 'sticking', I recall that
                    >bug, it's fixed in the 5.17 line if memory serves me correctly.
                    >
                    >Best bet would be to manually enter that value in a deity file and it
                    >should work for you.

                    Ok it has been a long time since I did something like that - what
                    program do you recommend?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
                      Claude Limberger wrote:
                      >> <SNIP>
                      >
                      > Ok it has been a long time since I did something like that - what
                      > program do you recommend?

                      <SNIP>

                      Crimson Editor (Or Emerald Editor), or Editplus for Windows... KATE is
                      fine for most Linux builds... There are plenty of others that will work
                      based on your OS.

                    • Claude Limberger
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 25, 2009
                        Thank you
                        Crimson Editor worked fine...
                        Clerics now have their innate spells back.

                        Claude