Pathfinder Roleplaying Game has Been Sighted!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 14 3:01 PM
      Hi Folks!

      Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
      street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
      data set!

      You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
      ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.

      Eric C Smith
      PR Silverback
      PCGen Board of Directors
    • Keith Davies
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 14 9:05 PM
        On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 18:01 -0400, Eric C Smith wrote:
        > Hi Folks!
        >
        > Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
        > street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
        > data set!
        >
        > You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
        > ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.

        *sigh*

        The Pathfinder Fairy [Amazon --kjd] didn't come to my house yesterday.

        I think preordering the Bestiary at the same time is what did it in --
        Bestiary's not due until October, and since I said "nah, minimize
        shipping costs" I suspect they might wait.

        Ah well, they invented PDFs for a reason. I grabbed it from Paizo.com
        today... eventually.

        Keith
        --
        Keith Davies "I think everyone in a 4e D&D world must
        keith.davies@... have a huuuuuge fear of heights."
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 14 10:07 PM
          On 2009/08/14 9:05 PM -0700, Keith Davies gave their opinion about
          the topic of Re: [pcgen] Pathfinder Roleplaying Game has Been
          Sighted!...
          >On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 18:01 -0400, Eric C Smith wrote:
          >> Hi Folks!
          >>
          >> Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
          >> street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
          >> data set!
          >>
          >> You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
          >> ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.
          >
          >*sigh*
          >
          >The Pathfinder Fairy [Amazon --kjd] didn't come to my house yesterday.
          >
          >I think preordering the Bestiary at the same time is what did it in --
          >Bestiary's not due until October, and since I said "nah, minimize
          >shipping costs" I suspect they might wait.
          >
          >Ah well, they invented PDFs for a reason. I grabbed it from Paizo.com
          >today... eventually.

          I preorderd both and the RPG came Thursday for me.

          At last, elves taller than humans!

          >Keith

          Anestis.
          --
          Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
          will lead you to the dragon's lair",
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 24 11:45 AM

            > Hi Folks!
            >
            > Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
            > street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
            > data set!
            >
            > You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
            > ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.
            >
            > Eric C Smith
            > PR Silverback
            > PCGen Board of Directors

            Where would one seek this out when it does become available?
          • maredudd800
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 24 12:07 PM
              Hi Folks!

              The Data Team is working hard and it's paying off.
              The data set is looking good! There is still some work
              to do as well as a complete review to make sure we
              have all the major holes plugged, but its not going
              to be much longer.

              The initial beta release will be as a 5.16.1 compatible
              Out-of-Cycle data set which can be installed through
              PCGen's "Install Data Set" feature. This will allow the
              data set to be tested by you, the PCGen Community,
              with regular updates issued as additional OOC releases
              until it reaches the quality level suited to being added
              directly to PCGen.

              More information will be coming out soon so keep
              your eyes pealed.

              Eric Smith
              PR Silverback
              PCGen Board of Directors
            • nylanfs
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 24 4:54 PM
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ainvarg" <ainvarg@...> wrote:

                > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?

                http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data

                is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)

                Paul G.
              • Patch
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 24 4:58 PM
                  I'm getting this error when going to that link:

                  Error 500
                  We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request.

                  On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:54, nylanfs <nylanfs@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ainvarg" <ainvarg@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?
                  > >

                  > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                  >
                  > is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                  >
                  > Paul G.

                • nylanfs
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 25 6:33 AM
                    I'm getting the same thing, it looks like SF is having problems. It was working last week.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patch <patchwolf@...> wrote:

                    > I'm getting this error when going to that link:
                    >
                    > Error 500
                    > We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request.
                    >

                    > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 09:54, nylanfs <nylanfs@...> wrote:
                    > >

                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ainvarg" <ainvarg@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?
                    > > >

                    > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                    > >
                    > > is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                    > >
                    > > Paul G.

                  • David R. Bender
                    Message 9 of 17 , Aug 25 6:39 AM
                      Works for me...

                      David
                      Papa.DRB

                      Grognard (definition 1)
                      My better half and me

                      nylanfs wrote:
                      > I'm getting the same thing, it looks like SF is having problems. It was working last week.
                      >
                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patch <patchwolf@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> I'm getting this error when going to that link:
                      >>
                      >> Error 500
                      >> We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request.

                      >>> http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                      >>>
                      >>> is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                      >>>
                      >>> Paul G.

                      > PCGen's Wiki: http://wiki.pcgen.org/

                    • nylanfs
                      Message 10 of 17 , Aug 25 8:38 AM
                        Click on the "View Stable Datasets"

                        our page is coming up fine, but it's SF's page that has the 500 error

                        > Works for me...
                        >
                        > David
                        > Papa.DRB
                        >
                        > Grognard (definition 1)
                        > My better half and me
                        > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
                        >

                        > nylanfs wrote:
                        > > I'm getting the same thing, it looks like SF is having problems. It was working last week.
                        > >
                        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Patch <patchwolf@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > >> I'm getting this error when going to that link:
                        > >>
                        > >> Error 500
                        > >> We're sorry but we weren't able to process this request.

                        > > ------------------------------------
                        > >
                        > > Related Lists

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • ainvarg
                        Message 11 of 17 , Aug 31 6:43 AM
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "nylanfs" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

                          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ainvarg" <ainvarg@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?
                          > >

                          > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                          >
                          > is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                          >
                          > Paul G.

                          Hello. Still eagerly awaiting. Anything we can do to help?
                        • maredudd800
                          Message 12 of 17 , Aug 31 7:24 AM
                            Greetings Folks!

                            Ainvarg wrote:
                            > nylanfs wrote:
                            > > Ainvarg wrote:
                            > > > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?
                            > >
                            > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                            > >
                            > > is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                            > >
                            > Hello. Still eagerly awaiting. Anything we can do to help?

                            There most certainly is and we will be letting you know how real soon. :-)

                            Eric C. Smith
                            PR Silverback
                          • David R. Bender
                            Message 13 of 17 , Aug 31 7:39 AM
                              Eric,

                              Now I know *just* how my Team Lead feels when I do this to her. She is
                              500 miles away and tells me to imagine her hands coming thru the phone
                              and imagine myself being strangled!!!!!

                              Now you just image my hands jumping out of the post and strangling
                              you!!! I want my Pathfinder!! NOW !!!! (please, whine, beg)

                              lol

                              David
                              Papa.DRB

                              Grognard (definition 1)
                              My better half and me

                              maredudd800 wrote:
                              > Greetings Folks!
                              >
                              > Ainvarg wrote:
                              >
                              >> nylanfs wrote:

                              >>> http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/03_get_pcgen.php#data
                              >>>
                              >>> is where it will show up. But I'm sure it will be announced when we get finished with it. :)
                              >>>
                              >> Hello. Still eagerly awaiting. Anything we can do to help?
                              >>

                              > There most certainly is and we will be letting you know how real soon. :-)
                              >
                              > Eric C. Smith
                              > PR Silverback
                            • maredudd800
                              Message 14 of 17 , Aug 31 8:52 AM
                                Soon . erk . I . grgl . prom . argl . ise . . ! :-)

                                > Eric,
                                >
                                > Now I know *just* how my Team Lead feels when I do this to her. She is
                                > 500 miles away and tells me to imagine her hands coming thru the phone
                                > and imagine myself being strangled!!!!!
                                >
                                > Now you just image my hands jumping out of the post and strangling
                                > you!!! I want my Pathfinder!! NOW !!!! (please, whine, beg)
                                >
                                > lol
                                >
                                > David
                                > Papa.DRB
                                >
                                > Grognard (definition 1)
                                > My better half and me
                                > The Internet: Because None of Us Are As Dumb as All of Us
                                >

                                > maredudd800 wrote:
                                > > Greetings Folks!
                                > >
                                > > Ainvarg wrote:

                                > >> Hello. Still eagerly awaiting. Anything we can do to help?
                                > >>

                                > > There most certainly is and we will be letting you know how real soon. :-)
                                > >
                                > > Eric C. Smith
                                > > PR Silverback

                              • N. Eric Phillips
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
                                  The Pathfinder RPG data files are still not available??? Not even for
                                  testing? Weak and disappointing.

                                  On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM, ainvarg<ainvarg@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> Hi Folks!
                                  >>
                                  >> Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
                                  >> street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
                                  >> data set!
                                  >>
                                  >> You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
                                  >> ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.
                                  >>
                                  >> Eric C Smith
                                  >> PR Silverback
                                  >> PCGen Board of Directors
                                  >>
                                  > Where would one seek this out when it does become available?

                                  --
                                  --N. Eric Phillip, writer
                                  www.EricPhillips.info

                                  Call me by phone: http://www.ericphillips.info/call.html
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 4, 2009
                                    N. Eric Phillips wrote:
                                    > The Pathfinder RPG data files are still not available??? Not even for
                                    > testing? Weak and disappointing.

                                    Hi Eric,

                                    On Behalf of the PCGen project, I'm sorry to see anyone get
                                    disappointed. Every team member that has been working on the set has to
                                    give the green light before we put out the release. Committee based
                                    things tend to go slower, especially when the members are all over the
                                    globe. Rest assured, I'm personally poking the project lead to see where
                                    things are and if we can get the Pathfinder Set into all of your eager
                                    hands. (When he replies and is bruised you'll know why;) )

                                    Please have patience as there has been a lot of things going on. I hate
                                    to give timeframes on anything cause something will rear it's head. But
                                    when I say soon, I mean literally soon.

                                    Sorry if this email reply seems rushed but I'm on my way to a 9-1-1 call
                                    and need to go to work. ;)

                                    > On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:45 AM, ainvarg<ainvarg@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                                    >>
                                    >>> Hi Folks!
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Paizo's Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rules has officially hit the
                                    >>> street and the PCGen data team is hard at work on the corresponding
                                    >>> data set!
                                    >>>
                                    >>> You can expect the initial release soon as an 'Out-of-Cycle' data set
                                    >>> ready for install into PCGen 5.16.1.
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Eric C Smith
                                    >>> PR Silverback
                                    >>> PCGen Board of Directors
                                    >>>

                                    >> Where would one seek this out when it does become available?

                                    Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                                  • maredudd800
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 5, 2009
                                      Hi Folks!

                                      N. Eric Phillips wrote:

                                      > The Pathfinder RPG data files are still not available??? Not even for
                                      > testing? Weak and disappointing.

                                      The Licensing team is going over the set this weekend and if all checks out we will be posting the beta data set this next week.

                                      Eric