Re: [pcgen] Re: [Trackered] How to implement race change due to reincarnation

    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 13, 2009
      ainvarg wrote:

      >>> ----------------------
      >>> I need to remove racial modifiers to physical stats (STR, DEX, CON) from the original race and add racial modifiers to physical stats for the reincarnated race. If we need specifics for a one-off solution, it's -2 to DEX, +4 to STR, +2 to CON.
      >>>

      >> Yeah, throw it in a Template
      >> BONUS:STAT|STR|4
      >> BONUS:STAT|DEX|-2
      >> BONUS:STAT|CON|2
      >>

      > These are working -- well, once I realize I'd given you the wrong numbers, I got them working.

      Well, I'm working with what you give. Oh, BTW, we really should be
      discussing the lst aspects on the Pcgen List File Help Group and not the
      general list. But we'll let it pass this time around.

      >>> I need to add a Level Adjustment of +1 -- it appears that LEVELADJUSTMENT:1 is the tag for that, right?
      >>>

      >> Correct.
      >>

      > I'm not sure this is accomplishing what I thought it would. I need the character to gain two levels of monstrous humanoid complete with skills, feats, ability jumps (if appropriate), but in addition he needs to be gaining his xp as though he's yet another (ie, a third) level higher than his character levels. I assumed that this tag would provide that "third" level. Sound right?

      What that does is Add a 'fake' level to your character... Like How Drow
      are ECL+3, LEVELADJUSTMENT:3 makes pcgen think they are two level higher
      for XP needed to level, no adding of HD, or Skills or anything else.

      >>> I need to add two levels of Monstrous Humanoid. Looking at the docs, I see HD and HITDIE, but don't get the feeling that either is what I'm looking for, quite.
      >>>

      >> That is a little more tricky, if you want PCGen to do it for you, then
      >> use this:
      >>
      >> KIT:1|Incarnate Monster Levels Two
      >>
      >> Then in the kit file
      >> STARTPACK:Incarnate Monster Levels Two
      >> CLASS:Monsterous Humanoid <> LEVEL:2
      >>
      >> Double check the syntax since I'm going off the top of my head on that.
      >>

      > It loads without any errors, but it doesn't seem to be including the levels of monstrous humanoid to determine, for example, the number of feats or the number of skills that are due the character. Your qualifier in that statement got me thinking, however. I'm going to see if I can apply RACETYPE in the template and manually add the two levels of monstrous humanoid. Sound reasonable?

      You can try with that method. If it didn't add the levels, then I'll
      need to look at it. You can apply a Template via Kit which would solve
      that issue of meeting the PREREQs.

      >>> Those two levels should provide me with 2 levels' worth of skill points (2+Int Mod for monstrous humanoid). The class skills are Listen and Spot.
      >>>

      >> It should
      >>
      >>> I believe I can use the SA tag to add Darkvision, right?
      >>>

      >> Huh, only if you really want, but SA is now SAB. Though this will work
      >> VISION:Darkvision (60')
      >>
      >> Since Vision is it's own tag and will show up.
      >>
      >> In any event SAB has been displaced by ABILITY using DESC. Just for
      >> future reference.
      >>
      >> If I was doing it as an Ability...
      >>
      >> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Darkvision
      >>
      >> In the ability file
      >> Darkvision <> CATEGORY:Special Ability <> TYPE:SpecialQuality <>
      >> DESC:60' [OR] DESC:%1|DarkvisionRange
      >> DEFINE:DarkvisionRange|0 <> BONUS:VAR|DarkvisionRange|60
      >>
      >> That would allow an easy method of changing the vision range.
      >>

      > No need since it's a one-off and not a general solution to the problem. VISION tag is great and works fine.

      Just illuminating the full range of possibilities. What is creative is
      if you take the VarName and place it in the vision tag...

      VISION:Darkvision (0')
      BONUS:VISION|Darkvision|DarkvisionRange

      Handy when you need to code feats/abilities that add to your Darkvision
      range...

      >>> I need to add Natural Armor bonus of +1
      >>>

      >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor
      >>

      > Got it
      >

      >>> Movement type and speed did not change in this case, but in a general case, we would need to remove the current movement type and speed and replace them with the new forms'.
      >>>

      >> On a case by case basis currently.
      >>

      > Then I'm not worried about these particular changes. Thanks for illustrating, though.

      Your welcome
      > BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.MovementName|-30
      >
      >> Then MOVE:Walk,30 for adding movement of Walk at a base rate of 30.

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
      > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin