Re: Paul G and PCGen are on their way to Gen Con!

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@...> wrote:

      > Hi Folks!
      >
      > For those wandering around Gen Con this year stop by Booth
      > 1925 and say hi to Paul G and PCGen!
      >
      > Eric Smith

      Yea! First dy of the Con, I got down here and set up the booth yesterday. I'll remember to get some pics. and have Eric post them or something. :)
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 13, 2009
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Folks!
        > >
        > > For those wandering around Gen Con this year stop by Booth
        > > 1925 and say hi to Paul G and PCGen!
        > >
        > > Eric Smith
        > >

        > Yea! First dy of the Con, I got down here and set up the booth yesterday. I'll remember to get some pics. and have Eric post them or something. :)

        Well first day went well, handed out about 60ish burned CD's and maybe 300 flyers. Seems a bit like attendance is up. Talked to some java developers whoch hopefully they will be contacting Tom or James shortly.

        Also did a pod-cast for DDOCast.com, he said that it will probably be posted next saturday.
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2009
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Eric C. Smith" <maredudd@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi Folks!
          > > >
          > > > For those wandering around Gen Con this year stop by Booth
          > > > 1925 and say hi to Paul G and PCGen!
          > > >
          > > > Eric Smith
          > > >

          > > Yea! First dy of the Con, I got down here and set up the booth yesterday. I'll remember to get some pics. and have Eric post them or something. :)
          > >

          > Well first day went well, handed out about 60ish burned CD's and maybe 300 flyers. Seems a bit like attendance is up. Talked to some java developers whoch hopefully they will be contacting Tom or James shortly.
          >
          > Also did a pod-cast for DDOCast.com, he said that it will probably be posted next saturday.

          Well the second day went just as well as the first. I've handed out half of the 1700 flyers I brought so I think I might end up running out of of the on Sun. Oh well :)
        • Paul
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 16, 2009
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:

            > > > Yea! First dy of the Con, I got down here and set up the booth yesterday. I'll remember to get some pics. and have Eric post them or something. :)
            > > >

            > > Well first day went well, handed out about 60ish burned CD's and maybe 300 flyers. Seems a bit like attendance is up. Talked to some java developers whoch hopefully they will be contacting Tom or James shortly.
            > >
            > > Also did a pod-cast for DDOCast.com, he said that it will probably be posted next saturday.
            > >

            > Well the second day went just as well as the first. I've handed out half of the 1700 flyers I brought so I think I might end up running out of of the on Sun. Oh well :)

            The third day was a blast. Handed out roughly half of the flyers I had left so I might end up with more left over at the end. I talked to 5 or 6 java developers and directed them here to the main list and James & Tom so hopefully we get some new coders :)

            Bill Barret(sp?), one of Paul Lamberts friends got a hold of me on Friday night and said they had a True Dungeon ticket if I wanted to join them, and the people in the booth next to me (which I can't remember the name of off the top of my head) was kind enough to watch and make sure that nobody walked off with the laptops and CMP and Bryan was right around the corner and I believe he stopped by once or twice also. So it hasn't been all work for me:)

            I also let Paizo know that we were working on the dataset for the final edition and it should be out shortly. Lots of their customers were very happy. I believe that I personally sold about ten copies over the length of the Con, existing users came up to me and asked if we would be supporting the Pathfinder system and when I said "Of course!" they said that they would definitely go buy a copy right then. I'll be talking to Eric and Lisa about my commission. :)

            I caught the last half of the Authoring Kit seminar from the HeroLab guy's. And then we all went out and had dinner together. Earlier when they had learned that I was the only one covering the booth they offered to cover it every once in a while if I needed to grab some dinner, so that was nice of them.

            Anyway the Exhibit Hall is opening it's doors for the dealers so I gotta run. I'll post more later.

            Paul G.

            P.S. There's a wicked sweet air-brushed motorcycle in the artist section that one the "Best 3D art" award. I'll see if I can find a place to host pictures of it.
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2009
              Hi Paul,

              Thanks again for flying the PCGen flag at Gencon, it sounds like it was well worth the time, effort and $$ to go!

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18, 2009
                The interview with DDOCast.com is up it's in episode #130 at about 46:00ish, It would probably have been better if I had a chance to rehearse. :)

                http://www.ddocast.com/