some what new to editing files

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009
      Howdy and I am still some what new to editing files so where and what file would I need to edit to add a PR-24 type weapon so I can use it for a cop to use I think it would need to go under Exotic Melee weapon Pro
      So any help I can get would be helpful and thank you for your time
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009
        Patrick wrote:
        > Howdy and I am still some what new to editing files so where and what file would I need to edit to add a PR-24 type weapon so I can use it for a cop to use I think it would need to go under Exotic Melee weapon Pro
        > So any help I can get would be helpful and thank you for your time

        Hi Patrick,

        Two files actually

        Weapon Proficiency File

        Add the Weapon name and the exotic type.

        Example:
        PR24 <tab> TYPE:Exotic

        Equipment file:

        PR24 <> TYPE:Weapon.Ranged.Ballistic <> OUTPUTNAME:PR-24 Name of Weapon
        <> PROFICIENCY:WEAPON|PR24

        add the rest of the things to complete the weapon, like range (assumed
        it was ranged and ballistic in nature here), damage, etc.

        Good luck. For follow up please ask on the pcgen lst file help group:
        PCGenListFileHelp@yahoogroups.com

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin