[OT[Ubuntu user account

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 10, 2009
      Anyone know how to change a single user account so that it doesn't need a password to log in, without doing the same too all the accounts on Ubuntu?

      Paul G.
    • Anestis Kozakis
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2009
        On 2009/08/10 11:27 PM +0000, Paul gave their opinion about the topic
        of [pcgen] [OT[Ubuntu user account...
        >Anyone know how to change a single user account so that it doesn't
        >need a password to log in, without doing the same too all the
        >accounts on Ubuntu?
        >
        >Paul G.

        I found a couple of possible solutions:

        <http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/creating-a-passwordless-account-in-ubuntu/>

        <http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/06/howto-enable-empty-password-login-in.html>

        Anestis.

        --
        Scissorsmith - "At the fork in the road, take the rocky path. it
        will lead you to the dragon's lair",
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2009
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Anestis Kozakis <kenosti@...> wrote:

          > On 2009/08/10 11:27 PM +0000, Paul gave their opinion about the topic
          > of [pcgen] [OT[Ubuntu user account...
          > >Anyone know how to change a single user account so that it doesn't
          > >need a password to log in, without doing the same too all the
          > >accounts on Ubuntu?
          > >
          > >Paul G.
          >
          > I found a couple of possible solutions:
          >
          > <http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntucat/creating-a-passwordless-account-in-ubuntu/>
          >
          > <http://onlyubuntu.blogspot.com/2008/06/howto-enable-empty-password-login-in.html>
          >
          > Anestis.
          >
          > --

          Thanks Anestis, the first one did it. I couldn't get the second one working :(