Re: Older Datasets

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4 7:26 PM

      > conner_jw wrote:
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
      > > anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
      > > failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > John Conner
      > >

      > From my reply on the lst help group:
      > Hi John,
      > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
      > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
      > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
      > are available on the SF site, under downloads.
      > >

      > > ------------------------------------
      > >
      > > Related Lists
      > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
      > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links
      > >

      > --
      >
      > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.
    • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5 7:11 AM
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

        > > conner_jw wrote:
        > > > Hi all,
        > > >
        > > > I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
        > > > anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
        > > > failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
        > > > Thanks.
        > > >
        > > > John Conner
        > > >

        > > From my reply on the lst help group:
        > > Hi John,
        > > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
        > > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
        > > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
        > > are available on the SF site, under downloads.
        > > >

        > > > ------------------------------------
        > > >
        > > > Related Lists
        > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
        > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

        > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > > >

        > > --
        > >
        > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        > >

        > Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.

        Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.
      • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 5 7:14 AM
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:

          > > > From my reply on the lst help group:
          > > > Hi John,
          > > > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
          > > > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
          > > > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
          > > > are available on the SF site, under downloads.

          > > > --
          > > >
          > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
          > > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          > > >

          > > Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.
          > >
          > Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.

          In fact---CMP is no longer allowing downloads of any WoTC datasets. So even if you own some, or a lot (like me), you won't be able to update them AT ALL (even with Barak's updater)if they aren't at least 5.14 (like me)
          Grrr...
        • alcore@uurth.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5 7:40 AM
            "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:
            > > Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.
            > >
            > In fact---CMP is no longer allowing downloads of any WoTC datasets. So
            > even if you own some, or a lot (like me), you won't be able to update them
            > AT ALL (even with Barak's updater)if they aren't at least 5.14 (like me)
            > Grrr...

            Let's be fair about this.

            CMP *NEVER* owned the datasets, it only had a liscense from WOTC to
            develop and distribute them.

            WOTC *REVOKED* that liscense.

            CMP *CAN'T* continue to develop or distribute those products. That's
            what happens when you sign a deal with Satan and Satan decides it's time
            to go out of business.

            I really appreciated the ernest attempt by the folks of CMP to get that
            stuff made available to us. I always knew it would turn out like it
            did, so that's why I have always stuck with the freely available OGL
            material. Now, all the people who believed Wizards was going to play
            fair will have to face the fact that they don't care about old customers
            and either offer Wizards another chance to screw them over with the
            "Digital Game Table" and 4.0, or to join the rest of us in OGL land on
            3.5 and it's derivatives.

            Or, I auppose, everyone could go back to simple pencil and paper. You
            do actually own hardcopies of all those books, right?

            Gene P.
            alcore@...
          • David R. Bender
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5 7:45 AM