Older Datasets

  • conner_jw
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hi all,

      I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
      anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
      failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
      Thanks.

      John Conner
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009
        conner_jw wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
        > anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
        > failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
        > Thanks.
        >
        > John Conner

        From my reply on the lst help group:
        Hi John,
        Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
        converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
        located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
        are available on the SF site, under downloads.

        > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2009

          > conner_jw wrote:
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
          > > anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
          > > failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > John Conner
          > >

          > From my reply on the lst help group:
          > Hi John,
          > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
          > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
          > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
          > are available on the SF site, under downloads.
          > >

          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Related Lists
          > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
          > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          >
          > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.
        • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@...> wrote:

            > > conner_jw wrote:
            > > > Hi all,
            > > >
            > > > I have a copy of Iron Crowns HARP dataset for pcgen 5.12.1 and was wondering if
            > > > anyone could suggest a good coverter to use it with the current version or
            > > > failing that if anyone can suggest where I can get a copy of pcgen 5.12.1.
            > > > Thanks.
            > > >
            > > > John Conner
            > > >

            > > From my reply on the lst help group:
            > > Hi John,
            > > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
            > > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
            > > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
            > > are available on the SF site, under downloads.
            > > >

            > > > ------------------------------------
            > > >
            > > > Related Lists
            > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
            > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

            > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > > >

            > > --
            > >
            > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            > >

            > Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.

            Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.
          • iwarrior_poetklingon2000
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:

              > > > From my reply on the lst help group:
              > > > Hi John,
              > > > Barak's converter 5.12 to 5.14 would get you to 5.14, and then PCGen's
              > > > converter will bring you to the latest version (Found in 5.16). That's
              > > > located on the Y! group, in the files section. Older versions of PCGen
              > > > are available on the SF site, under downloads.

              > > > --
              > > >
              > > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
              > > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              > > >

              > > Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't look like CMP had updated their set to 5.14 or 5.16. You might want to email or post on their forum asking about it. You should be able to download a updated copy when they do.
              > >
              > Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.

              In fact---CMP is no longer allowing downloads of any WoTC datasets. So even if you own some, or a lot (like me), you won't be able to update them AT ALL (even with Barak's updater)if they aren't at least 5.14 (like me)
              Grrr...
            • alcore@uurth.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009
                "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "iwarrior_poetklingon2000" <iwarriorpoet@...> wrote:
                > > Don't get me started on CMP... CMP is no longer supporting WoTC datasets. There won't be any updates.
                > >
                > In fact---CMP is no longer allowing downloads of any WoTC datasets. So
                > even if you own some, or a lot (like me), you won't be able to update them
                > AT ALL (even with Barak's updater)if they aren't at least 5.14 (like me)
                > Grrr...

                Let's be fair about this.

                CMP *NEVER* owned the datasets, it only had a liscense from WOTC to
                develop and distribute them.

                WOTC *REVOKED* that liscense.

                CMP *CAN'T* continue to develop or distribute those products. That's
                what happens when you sign a deal with Satan and Satan decides it's time
                to go out of business.

                I really appreciated the ernest attempt by the folks of CMP to get that
                stuff made available to us. I always knew it would turn out like it
                did, so that's why I have always stuck with the freely available OGL
                material. Now, all the people who believed Wizards was going to play
                fair will have to face the fact that they don't care about old customers
                and either offer Wizards another chance to screw them over with the
                "Digital Game Table" and 4.0, or to join the rest of us in OGL land on
                3.5 and it's derivatives.

                Or, I auppose, everyone could go back to simple pencil and paper. You
                do actually own hardcopies of all those books, right?

                Gene P.
                alcore@...
              • David R. Bender
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 5, 2009