Re: [pcgen] Re: Pathfinder RPG Beta- Sorcerer- Arcane Bloodline- New Arcana

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009
      It is a bloodline power that the Arcane Bloodline sorcerers get. At 9th, 13th and 17th levels you are allowed to select one spell that you can cast to add to your list of known spells.
      Not sure if it is making it into the finalized rules this month.

      ---
      Okay, I'm looking directly at the code, which the team seems to use KEY
      a lot for instead of OUTPUTNAME, but that is neither here nor there.

      Anyways, under Special Qualities, you should be seeing something along
      the lines of this:
      New Arcana
      "You can add any one spell that you are capable of casting to your list
      of spells known. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and
      17th level."

      Beyond that it's not doing anything else, adding a known available or
      such. The PDF outputsheets should be showing this, the Character Sheet
      Tab should be showing this using the standard Sheet. If not, then we
      need to look into what is going on.

      As far as the Finalized rules, we'll have to wait and see. ;)
    • Michelle and Trever
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 3, 2009

        > It is a bloodline power that the Arcane Bloodline sorcerers get. At 9th, 13th and 17th levels you are allowed to select one spell that you can cast to add to your list of known spells.
        > Not sure if it is making it into the finalized rules this month.
        >
        > ---
        > Okay, I'm looking directly at the code, which the team seems to use KEY
        > a lot for instead of OUTPUTNAME, but that is neither here nor there.
        >
        > Anyways, under Special Qualities, you should be seeing something along
        > the lines of this:
        > New Arcana
        > "You can add any one spell that you are capable of casting to your list
        > of spells known. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and
        > 17th level."
        >
        > Beyond that it's not doing anything else, adding a known available or
        > such. The PDF outputsheets should be showing this, the Character Sheet
        > Tab should be showing this using the standard Sheet. If not, then we
        > need to look into what is going on.
        >
        > As far as the Finalized rules, we'll have to wait and see. ;)

        It is indeed showing the description of the power on the character ouput sheet. I just couldnt find that it was offering up a way to select a new known spell anywhere.
      • Michelle and Trever
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle and Trever" <michelleandtrever@...> wrote:

          > > It is a bloodline power that the Arcane Bloodline sorcerers get. At 9th, 13th and 17th levels you are allowed to select one spell that you can cast to add to your list of known spells.
          > > Not sure if it is making it into the finalized rules this month.
          > >
          > > ---
          > > Okay, I'm looking directly at the code, which the team seems to use KEY
          > > a lot for instead of OUTPUTNAME, but that is neither here nor there.
          > >
          > > Anyways, under Special Qualities, you should be seeing something along
          > > the lines of this:
          > > New Arcana
          > > "You can add any one spell that you are capable of casting to your list
          > > of spells known. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and
          > > 17th level."
          > >
          > > Beyond that it's not doing anything else, adding a known available or
          > > such. The PDF outputsheets should be showing this, the Character Sheet
          > > Tab should be showing this using the standard Sheet. If not, then we
          > > need to look into what is going on.
          > >
          > > As far as the Finalized rules, we'll have to wait and see. ;)
          > >
          > It is indeed showing the description of the power on the character ouput sheet. I just couldnt find that it was offering up a way to select a new known spell anywhere.

          How do I report this as a bug?
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2009
            Michelle and Trever wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle and Trever" <michelleandtrever@...> wrote:
            >
            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@> wrote:
            >>
            >>> It is a bloodline power that the Arcane Bloodline sorcerers get. At 9th, 13th and 17th levels you are allowed to select one spell that you can cast to add to your list of known spells.
            >>> Not sure if it is making it into the finalized rules this month.
            >>>
            >>> ---
            >>> Okay, I'm looking directly at the code, which the team seems to use KEY
            >>> a lot for instead of OUTPUTNAME, but that is neither here nor there.
            >>>
            >>> Anyways, under Special Qualities, you should be seeing something along
            >>> the lines of this:
            >>> New Arcana
            >>> "You can add any one spell that you are capable of casting to your list
            >>> of spells known. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and
            >>> 17th level."
            >>>
            >>> Beyond that it's not doing anything else, adding a known available or
            >>> such. The PDF outputsheets should be showing this, the Character Sheet
            >>> Tab should be showing this using the standard Sheet. If not, then we
            >>> need to look into what is going on.
            >>>
            >>> As far as the Finalized rules, we'll have to wait and see. ;)
            >>>

            >> It is indeed showing the description of the power on the character ouput sheet. I just couldnt find that it was offering up a way to select a new known spell anywhere.
            >>

            > How do I report this as a bug?

            Well, it's not a bug at this time. The description pops up and explains
            the power. This would be a FREQ - Data most likely at this point.

            However, seeing as how the Official Book will be released end of the
            month, I would say wait till the new book comes out and see if our data
            set matches it. If not, then bring it up again.

            I'll try and see where we are when it gets closer to the official release.

            > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          • Michelle and Trever
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2009

              > Michelle and Trever wrote:
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle and Trever" <michelleandtrever@> wrote:

              > >> It is indeed showing the description of the power on the character ouput sheet. I just couldnt find that it was offering up a way to select a new known spell anywhere.
              > >>

              > > How do I report this as a bug?
              > >

              > Well, it's not a bug at this time. The description pops up and explains
              > the power. This would be a FREQ - Data most likely at this point.
              >
              > However, seeing as how the Official Book will be released end of the
              > month, I would say wait till the new book comes out and see if our data
              > set matches it. If not, then bring it up again.
              >
              > I'll try and see where we are when it gets closer to the official release.
              > >

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Related Lists
              > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
              > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              >
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              I see. I just wish that it gave me the ability to choose my new spell instead of teasing me with the description of the power I should have. LOL. I cant wait for the new rules to come out next week!
            • MichelleandTrever
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michelle and Trever" <michelleandtrever@...> wrote:

                > > Michelle and Trever wrote:

                > > > How do I report this as a bug?
                > > >

                > > Well, it's not a bug at this time. The description pops up and explains
                > > the power. This would be a FREQ - Data most likely at this point.
                > >
                > > However, seeing as how the Official Book will be released end of the
                > > month, I would say wait till the new book comes out and see if our data
                > > set matches it. If not, then bring it up again.
                > >
                > > I'll try and see where we are when it gets closer to the official release.
                > > >

                > > > ------------------------------------
                > > >
                > > > Related Lists
                > > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
                > > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
                > > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                > > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html

                > > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                > > >

                > > --
                > >
                > > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                > > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                > > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                > I see. I just wish that it gave me the ability to choose my new spell instead of teasing me with the description of the power I should have. LOL. I cant wait for the new rules to come out next week!

                Its been a while and the new pathfinder rules are out. This bloodline power is still around. It allows a sorcerer to select any spell she could have known as an extra spell to be known at 9th, 13th, and 17th level. I still cannot find a way within PCGen to add these spells to my list of known spells.
                Can anyone help me out?
                Thanks!