Re: Weird duplication in Class List Editor

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009

      > On 4/08/2009 5:56 AM dmfirstlord wrote
      > > Greetings to all.
      > >
      > > I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?
      > >

      > No that sounds like a code bug - the list of bonuses isn't being cleared
      > before the bonuses in the editor get saved again. You could verify this
      > by deleting a bonus when you edit the class for a second time and see if
      > you only get one copy saved.
      >
      > As a workaround until we release a fix, you can edit the
      > customClasses.lst file to remove the extra bonus entries - just make
      > sure PCGen is not running when you do it.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > James.

      James wasn't this an earlier bug. I vaguely remember it.

      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789596&group_id=25576&atid=384719

      Here's it's discussing TYPE:CUSTOM.

      Paul G.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi Paul,

        2009/8/4 Paul <nylanfs@...>:

        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> On 4/08/2009 5:56 AM dmfirstlord wrote
        >> > Greetings to all.
        >> >
        >> > I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if  I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?
        >> >

        >> No that sounds like a code bug - the list of bonuses isn't being cleared
        >> before the bonuses in the editor get saved again. You could verify this
        >> by deleting a bonus when you edit the class for a second time and see if
        >> you only get one copy saved.
        >>
        >> As a workaround until we release a fix, you can edit the
        >> customClasses.lst file to remove the extra bonus entries - just make
        >> sure PCGen is not running when you do it.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >> James.
        >>

        > James wasn't this an earlier bug. I vaguely remember it.
        >
        > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789596&group_id=25576&atid=384719
        >
        > Here's it's discussing TYPE:CUSTOM.

        That would be the case were it to be the whole record being
        duplicated, this one is just one type/list of entries (bonuses), which
        is why I suspect (but haven't confirmed) it is a list that is not
        being cleared.

        Also, the TYPE:CUSTOM is the flag that the LST editor uses to mark the
        data it is managing - using that in your own files is what causes the
        issue in the report you link to.

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code SB