Weird duplication in Class List Editor

  • dmfirstlord
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Greetings to all.

      I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009

        On 4/08/2009 5:56 AM dmfirstlord wrote
        > Greetings to all.
        >
        > I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?

        No that sounds like a code bug - the list of bonuses isn't being cleared
        before the bonuses in the editor get saved again. You could verify this
        by deleting a bonus when you edit the class for a second time and see if
        you only get one copy saved.

        As a workaround until we release a fix, you can edit the
        customClasses.lst file to remove the extra bonus entries - just make
        sure PCGen is not running when you do it.

        Cheers,
        James.
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009

          > On 4/08/2009 5:56 AM dmfirstlord wrote
          > > Greetings to all.
          > >
          > > I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?
          > >

          > No that sounds like a code bug - the list of bonuses isn't being cleared
          > before the bonuses in the editor get saved again. You could verify this
          > by deleting a bonus when you edit the class for a second time and see if
          > you only get one copy saved.
          >
          > As a workaround until we release a fix, you can edit the
          > customClasses.lst file to remove the extra bonus entries - just make
          > sure PCGen is not running when you do it.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James.

          James wasn't this an earlier bug. I vaguely remember it.

          http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789596&group_id=25576&atid=384719

          Here's it's discussing TYPE:CUSTOM.

          Paul G.
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
            Hi Paul,

            2009/8/4 Paul <nylanfs@...>:

            >> Hi,
            >>
            >> On 4/08/2009 5:56 AM dmfirstlord wrote
            >> > Greetings to all.
            >> >
            >> > I am having a weird problem while creating a new class under the Class Editor. I will enter the information I want on the class (such as Checks|BASE.Fortitude|cl/2+2) and so on, then save. If, however, I have to go back and edit the information (because i forgot something, or the damn thing isn't granting some bonus properly), then save it again, it doubles every Line with the BONUS tag (but not CAST or DEFINE). Thus, if  I save it once, I have two BONUS lines for each one I entered. If I save it again, I have four BONUS lines for each one I entered. Any idea why this problem happens? Could my x64 XP computer be part of the problem?
            >> >

            >> No that sounds like a code bug - the list of bonuses isn't being cleared
            >> before the bonuses in the editor get saved again. You could verify this
            >> by deleting a bonus when you edit the class for a second time and see if
            >> you only get one copy saved.
            >>
            >> As a workaround until we release a fix, you can edit the
            >> customClasses.lst file to remove the extra bonus entries - just make
            >> sure PCGen is not running when you do it.
            >>
            >> Cheers,
            >> James.
            >>

            > James wasn't this an earlier bug. I vaguely remember it.
            >
            > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2789596&group_id=25576&atid=384719
            >
            > Here's it's discussing TYPE:CUSTOM.

            That would be the case were it to be the whole record being
            duplicated, this one is just one type/list of entries (bonuses), which
            is why I suspect (but haven't confirmed) it is a list that is not
            being cleared.

            Also, the TYPE:CUSTOM is the flag that the LST editor uses to mark the
            data it is managing - using that in your own files is what causes the
            issue in the report you link to.

            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code SB