Trying to report a bug

  • arikreven
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 29, 2009
      Went through about an hour navigating to the SourceForge, and registering, only to be told that I can't report a bug because "Permission: User Not Found: Only members of this project have permission to view this page (you are not listed as a member of this project). " More than irritating.

      The bug I am trying to report has to do with the Psion class. It seems that there are skills missing. The skills that are listed are not marked class/cross class properly and it seems there are other issues with the data portion of all the psion classes from what I was able to find by searching SourceForge.

      Using PCGen 5.16.1

      Specifically, as an example, Human, Psion, Seer. Class skills as per the Psionics handbook p9, are Concentration, Gather Information, Intuit Direction (missing), Knowledge Psionics, Listen, Psicraft, Remote View (missing), Sense Motive (Listed as Cross Class) and Spot.

      I have noticed similar issues on other psion types as well.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
        Hi There,

        > Went through about an hour navigating to the SourceForge, and
        > registering, only to be told that I can't report a bug because
        > "Permission: User Not Found: Only members of this project have
        > permission to view this page (you are not listed as a member of
        > this project). " More than irritating.

        That really is annoying and certainly should not be occurring, I'm guessing one of the many recent updates to SF has caused this.

        So you followed these steps?

        1.) Signed up as a SF user
        2.) Logged in
        3.) Went to the PCGen Bugs tracker
        4.) Tried to add a bug.

        I'd like to get the exact steps to report to the SF guys.

        > The bug I am trying to report has to do with the Psion class. It
        > seems that there are skills missing. The skills that are listed
        > are not marked class/cross class properly and it seems there are
        > other issues with the data portion of all the psion classes from
        > what I was able to find by searching SourceForge.
        >
        > Using PCGen 5.16.1
        >
        > Specifically, as an example, Human, Psion, Seer. Class skills as
        > per the Psionics handbook p9, are Concentration, Gather
        > Information, Intuit Direction (missing), Knowledge Psionics,
        > Listen, Psicraft, Remote View (missing), Sense Motive (Listed as
        > Cross Class) and Spot.
        >
        > I have noticed similar issues on other psion types as well.

        I've opened up a Data Bug tracker for you here:

        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2829572&group_id=25576&atid=750091

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 30, 2009
          arikreven wrote:
          > Went through about an hour navigating to the SourceForge, and registering, only to be told that I can't report a bug because "Permission: User Not Found: Only members of this project have permission to view this page (you are not listed as a member of this project). " More than irritating.

          Sorry about that, it's OK to report bugs to this list, that's one of
          it's main uses.

          > The bug I am trying to report has to do with the Psion class. It seems that there are skills missing. The skills that are listed are not marked class/cross class properly and it seems there are other issues with the data portion of all the psion classes from what I was able to find by searching SourceForge.
          >
          > Using PCGen 5.16.1
          >
          > Specifically, as an example, Human, Psion, Seer. Class skills as per the Psionics handbook p9, are Concentration, Gather Information, Intuit Direction (missing), Knowledge Psionics, Listen, Psicraft, Remote View (missing), Sense Motive (Listed as Cross Class) and Spot.
          >
          > I have noticed similar issues on other psion types as well.

          We need to know which datasets and gameMode you are using as there are
          differences between 3.0 and 3.5 that could account for the
          discrepancies. Also, we use the System Reference Documents for our
          datasets which contains most, but not all of the material from the core
          books. I do not recall a Remote View skill, it's possible it's in the
          book but not in the SRD.

          So are you loading the 3e gameMode or the 35e gameMode? Is the book you
          are referencing the original 3.0 book or is it the Expanded Psionics
          Handbook?

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Board of Directors