Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Modify bonus spells

Expand Messages
  • The_Grail_Hermit
    Ooops, I found the culprit. I m attempting to make a correction in the Madness domain, using the Insanity score rule varient. The version I have adds a
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Ooops, I found the culprit.
      I'm attempting to make a correction in the Madness domain, using the Insanity score rule varient.

      The version I have adds a straight INSANITY to spell stat, and subtracts a straight INSANITY from Will and Wisdom skills. The first part is correct (Which I mistaken thought wasn't, until just a moment ago) ut the last two are not. From what I understand, it's not supposed to subtract a straight number, but subtract INSANITY from Wisdom before calculating the bonus from Wisdom.

      I.E
      16 Wisdom, level 10

      Will gets a +0 from Wisdom (11 = +0)
      Level 0 Spell DC gets +5 (21 = +5)

      Currently it does this...
      BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-INSANITY
      BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-INSANITY

      I fixed it by doing this (I'm still new to this, if it seems cluttered)
      BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)
      BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)

      Is there a cleaner way to word that?


      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@...> wrote:
      >
      > I'm afraid I haven't had much luck finding a solution to this via search, so I thought to ask myself. I was to code a bonus, that will applied, increases the stat when determining bonus spells per day.
      >
      > For instance, when this is applied, I want it to add 4 to an INT of 18 when it calculates Bonus spells per day.
      > I use...
      > BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|4
      >
      > This seems to only increase the DC, nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
      >
    • The_Grail_Hermit
      This isn t for Spells Known, but Spells per Day. The version I m using may not be completely up to date, so I don t know if that command was phased out. But,
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        This isn't for Spells Known, but Spells per Day.

        The version I'm using may not be completely up to date, so I don't know if that command was phased out. But, as noted a moment ago when I replied to my own post, I got it to work. I was looking at it the wrong way.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
        >
        > The_Grail_Hermit wrote:
        > > I'm afraid I haven't had much luck finding a solution to this via search, so I thought to ask myself. I was to code a bonus, that will applied, increases the stat when determining bonus spells per day.
        > >
        > > For instance, when this is applied, I want it to add 4 to an INT of 18 when it calculates Bonus spells per day.
        > > I use...
        > > BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|4
        > >
        >
        > I'd be surprised to find that even works... the proper tag you want:
        >
        > BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLKNOWNSTAT|4
        >
        > That will increase the spells known for you.
        > > This seems to only increase the DC, nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
        > >
        >
        > Looks like your using a tag that doesn't exist, or if this works, an
        > undocumented tag.
        > > ||
        > >
        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > Related Lists
        > > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
        > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
        > > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
        > > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
        > > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
        > >
        > > PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
        > > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
        > >
        > > PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
        > > (for new official data source development)
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        > >
        >
        > --
        >
        > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
        > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >
        >
        >
        > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        >
      • Andrew Maitland
        ... Ah, glad you figured it out. ... -- Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing) Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin Unique Title
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          The_Grail_Hermit wrote:
          > This isn't for Spells Known, but Spells per Day.
          >
          > The version I'm using may not be completely up to date, so I don't know if that command was phased out. But, as noted a moment ago when I replied to my own post, I got it to work. I was looking at it the wrong way.
          >

          Ah, glad you figured it out.
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
          >
          >> The_Grail_Hermit wrote:
          >>
          >>> I'm afraid I haven't had much luck finding a solution to this via search, so I thought to ask myself. I was to code a bonus, that will applied, increases the stat when determining bonus spells per day.
          >>>
          >>> For instance, when this is applied, I want it to add 4 to an INT of 18 when it calculates Bonus spells per day.
          >>> I use...
          >>> BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|4
          >>>
          >>>
          >> I'd be surprised to find that even works... the proper tag you want:
          >>
          >> BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLKNOWNSTAT|4
          >>
          >> That will increase the spells known for you.
          >>
          >>> This seems to only increase the DC, nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
          >>>
          >>>
          >> Looks like your using a tag that doesn't exist, or if this works, an
          >> undocumented tag.
          >>
          >>> ||
          >>>
          >>> ------------------------------------
          >>>
          >>> Related Lists
          >>> PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
          >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
          >>> PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          >>> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          >>> PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
          >>>
          >>> PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
          >>> (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
          >>>
          >>> PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
          >>> (for new official data source development)
          >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>>
          >>>
          >>>
          >>>
          >>>
          >>>
          >> --
          >>
          >> Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          >> Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
          >> Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          >> Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          >>
          >>
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > ------------------------------------
          >
          > Related Lists
          > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
          > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
          > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
          > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
          >
          > PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
          > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
          >
          > PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
          > (for new official data source development)
          > Yahoo! Groups Links
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >

          --

          Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Andrew Maitland
          ... Not sure I m following along here... I ll have to look up the madness domain. ... Not sure how you got those numbers, seems a formula is missing... I m
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            The_Grail_Hermit wrote:
            > Ooops, I found the culprit.
            > I'm attempting to make a correction in the Madness domain, using the Insanity score rule varient.
            >
            > The version I have adds a straight INSANITY to spell stat, and subtracts a straight INSANITY from Will and Wisdom skills. The first part is correct (Which I mistaken thought wasn't, until just a moment ago) ut the last two are not. From what I understand, it's not supposed to subtract a straight number, but subtract INSANITY from Wisdom before calculating the bonus from Wisdom.
            >

            Not sure I'm following along here... I'll have to look up the madness
            domain.
            > I.E
            > 16 Wisdom, level 10
            >
            > Will gets a +0 from Wisdom (11 = +0)
            > Level 0 Spell DC gets +5 (21 = +5)
            >

            Not sure how you got those numbers, seems a formula is missing... I'm
            missing an X or something. Unless Level is X.
            > Currently it does this...
            > BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-INSANITY
            > BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-INSANITY
            >
            > I fixed it by doing this (I'm still new to this, if it seems cluttered)
            > BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)
            > BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)
            >
            > Is there a cleaner way to word that?
            >

            Well, let me ask this... Is the Skill Supposed to be straight Insanity
            or Half the Insanity value?

            Explain the formula and one of the formula savvy monkeys will definitely
            speak up.

            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I'm afraid I haven't had much luck finding a solution to this via search, so I thought to ask myself. I was to code a bonus, that will applied, increases the stat when determining bonus spells per day.
            >>
            >> For instance, when this is applied, I want it to add 4 to an INT of 18 when it calculates Bonus spells per day.
            >> I use...
            >> BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|4
            >>
            >> This seems to only increase the DC, nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
            >>
            >>
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > ------------------------------------
            >
            > Related Lists
            > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
            > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
            > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
            > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
            > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
            > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
            >
            > PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
            > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
            >
            > PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
            > (for new official data source development)
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >

            --

            Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • The_Grail_Hermit
            Alrighty, I ll re-word it. I also noticed an error in my orignal code anyhow. W - Wisdom M - Wisdom Modifer I - Insanity Score (Caster level / 2) The way it
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              Alrighty, I'll re-word it. I also noticed an error in my orignal code anyhow.

              W - Wisdom
              M - Wisdom Modifer
              I - Insanity Score (Caster level / 2)

              The way it is...

              Total Will save
              BASE + M - I

              Skill Heal (example)
              RANK + M - I

              The way is should be...

              Total Will Save
              BASE + ((W-10)-I)/2

              Skill Heal (example)
              RANK + ((W-10)-I)/2

              Essentially, Instead of using the natural wisdom score to determine the modifyer for Will and Wisdom-based skills ((Wis-10)/2), it subtracts the insanity score before calculating the bonus.(((Wis-10)+INSANITY)/2)

              Further example...
              Wisdom 14(+2) naturally
              Level 6 Insanity score (3)

              Wisdom 11 (+0) for all skills and saves.

              Wisdom 17 (+3) for spell DC and bonus spells per day.



              > Well, let me ask this... Is the Skill Supposed to be straight Insanity
              > or Half the Insanity value?
              >
              > Explain the formula and one of the formula savvy monkeys will definitely
              > speak up.
            • Andrew Maitland
              The_Grail_Hermit wrote: This is how I ve got mine evil insanity not even released stuff (From a module... I ve had it sitting around for years). For a
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                The_Grail_Hermit wrote:


                This is how I've got mine evil 'insanity' not even released stuff (From
                a module... I've had it sitting around for years).

                For a certain class I use:
                DEFINE:InsanityScore|0
                BONUS:VAR|InsanityScore|CL/2

                BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.Wisdom|-InsanityScore
                BONUS:CHECKS|BASE.Will|-InsanityScore

                Checking out our Insanity in the actual PCGen, hmm, this is what I get:

                ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Insanity (Inside is the
                DEFINE:Insanity|0 and the DESC tag)


                BONUS:CHECKS|Will|-Insanity
                BONUS:DC|TYPE.Divine|Insanity
                BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.Wisdom|-Insanity
                BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|Insanity
                BONUS:VAR|Insanity|(var("CL=Cleric")+var("BL=Cleric"))/2

                Based on that, every two levels of Cleric you gain on Insanity point, so
                what is not working for you in this regard? Or does your variant do
                things slightly different?)
                > Ooops, I found the culprit.
                > I'm attempting to make a correction in the Madness domain, using the Insanity score rule varient.
                >
                > The version I have adds a straight INSANITY to spell stat, and subtracts a straight INSANITY from Will and Wisdom skills. The first part is correct (Which I mistaken thought wasn't, until just a moment ago) ut the last two are not. From what I understand, it's not supposed to subtract a straight number, but subtract INSANITY from Wisdom before calculating the bonus from Wisdom.
                >
                > I.E
                > 16 Wisdom, level 10
                >
                > Will gets a +0 from Wisdom (11 = +0)
                > Level 0 Spell DC gets +5 (21 = +5)
                >
                > Currently it does this...
                > BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-INSANITY
                > BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-INSANITY
                >
                > I fixed it by doing this (I'm still new to this, if it seems cluttered)
                > BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)
                > BONUS|CHECKS|Will|-(((WISDOM-10)-INSANITY)/2)-((WISDOM-10)/2)
                >
                > Is there a cleaner way to word that?
                >
                >
                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@...> wrote:
                >
                >> I'm afraid I haven't had much luck finding a solution to this via search, so I thought to ask myself. I was to code a bonus, that will applied, increases the stat when determining bonus spells per day.
                >>
                >> For instance, when this is applied, I want it to add 4 to an INT of 18 when it calculates Bonus spells per day.
                >> I use...
                >> BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|4
                >>
                >> This seems to only increase the DC, nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?
                >>
                >>
                >
                >
                >
                >
                > ------------------------------------
                >
                > Related Lists
                > PCGen's release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
                > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
                > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap
                > PCGen's alpha build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
                > PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/index.html
                > PCGen's Backup Autobuilds and Docs: http://pcgen.akozakis.id.au/autobuilds/download.html
                >
                > PCGen List File Help: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/
                > (for assistance in creating new homebrew or official list files)
                >
                > PCGen Experimental: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen_experimental/
                > (for new official data source development)
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >

                --

                Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
                Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
                Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"



                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              • The_Grail_Hermit
                I think I may have found out why my formulas keep coming out wrong on the character sheet... This is what I ended up with...
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 29, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  I think I may have found out why my formulas keep coming out wrong on the character sheet...

                  This is what I ended up with...

                  BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-((((Wis-10)+INSANITY)/2)-((WIS-10)/2))

                  Which, essentially, finds the difference between the wisdom modifyer with the Insanity bonus and without and adds it as a penalty. Since I can't seem to find a way to alter the stat bonus directly, I have to work around it by adding a seperate penalty.

                  The problem, I've found, is that it rounds down AFTER comleting the calculation. I need it to round down BEFORE subtracting an unmodified wisdom modifer. It works fine if you have an even Insanity score, by not when it's odd.

                  OR

                  I need to somehow edit the stat that PCGEN looks at to determine the modifyer for Skills and saves -only-.

                  BASESPELLSTAT works for the spells, is there something like a BASESKILLSTAT|Wis and BASESAVESTAT|Wis(or Will)?

                  I can't just us INSANITY/2, because it dosn't calculate correctly when both Insanity and Wisdom score is odd
                  Wisdom 21(+5) - insanity 7 = Wisdom 14 (+2)
                  Wisdom 21(+5) - insanity 7/2(3.5) = (+2)
                  Wisdom 20 (+5) - insanity 7 = Wisdom 13 (+1)
                  Wisdom 20 (+5) - insanity 7/2(3.5) = (+2)

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Alrighty, I'll re-word it. I also noticed an error in my orignal code anyhow.
                  >
                  > W - Wisdom
                  > M - Wisdom Modifer
                  > I - Insanity Score (Caster level / 2)
                  >
                  > The way it is...
                  >
                  > Total Will save
                  > BASE + M - I
                  >
                  > Skill Heal (example)
                  > RANK + M - I
                  >
                  > The way is should be...
                  >
                  > Total Will Save
                  > BASE + ((W-10)-I)/2
                  >
                  > Skill Heal (example)
                  > RANK + ((W-10)-I)/2
                  >
                  > Essentially, Instead of using the natural wisdom score to determine the modifyer for Will and Wisdom-based skills ((Wis-10)/2), it subtracts the insanity score before calculating the bonus.(((Wis-10)+INSANITY)/2)
                  >
                  > Further example...
                  > Wisdom 14(+2) naturally
                  > Level 6 Insanity score (3)
                  >
                  > Wisdom 11 (+0) for all skills and saves.
                  >
                  > Wisdom 17 (+3) for spell DC and bonus spells per day.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > Well, let me ask this... Is the Skill Supposed to be straight Insanity
                  > > or Half the Insanity value?
                  > >
                  > > Explain the formula and one of the formula savvy monkeys will definitely
                  > > speak up.
                  >
                • The_Grail_Hermit
                  I found way to do it, but I also found a massive flaw in everyhting I ve been doing. In my calculations, I ve been using Wisdom Example...
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 30, 2009
                  • 0 Attachment
                    I found way to do it, but I also found a massive flaw in everyhting I've been doing.

                    In my calculations, I've been using "Wisdom"
                    Example...

                    BONUS:_____|Wisdom-_____

                    "Wisdom" is not a valid variable, it seems, so it was calculating it as a zero. How do I use a stat score (Not the modifier) in a calculation? I can't just double WIS because it won't take into account odd wisdom scores.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > I think I may have found out why my formulas keep coming out wrong on the character sheet...
                    >
                    > This is what I ended up with...
                    >
                    > BONUS|SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-((((Wis-10)+INSANITY)/2)-((WIS-10)/2))
                    >
                    > Which, essentially, finds the difference between the wisdom modifyer with the Insanity bonus and without and adds it as a penalty. Since I can't seem to find a way to alter the stat bonus directly, I have to work around it by adding a seperate penalty.
                    >
                    > The problem, I've found, is that it rounds down AFTER comleting the calculation. I need it to round down BEFORE subtracting an unmodified wisdom modifer. It works fine if you have an even Insanity score, by not when it's odd.
                    >
                    > OR
                    >
                    > I need to somehow edit the stat that PCGEN looks at to determine the modifyer for Skills and saves -only-.
                    >
                    > BASESPELLSTAT works for the spells, is there something like a BASESKILLSTAT|Wis and BASESAVESTAT|Wis(or Will)?
                    >
                    > I can't just us INSANITY/2, because it dosn't calculate correctly when both Insanity and Wisdom score is odd
                    > Wisdom 21(+5) - insanity 7 = Wisdom 14 (+2)
                    > Wisdom 21(+5) - insanity 7/2(3.5) = (+2)
                    > Wisdom 20 (+5) - insanity 7 = Wisdom 13 (+1)
                    > Wisdom 20 (+5) - insanity 7/2(3.5) = (+2)
                    >
                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "The_Grail_Hermit" <biobillnw@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Alrighty, I'll re-word it. I also noticed an error in my orignal code anyhow.
                    > >
                    > > W - Wisdom
                    > > M - Wisdom Modifer
                    > > I - Insanity Score (Caster level / 2)
                    > >
                    > > The way it is...
                    > >
                    > > Total Will save
                    > > BASE + M - I
                    > >
                    > > Skill Heal (example)
                    > > RANK + M - I
                    > >
                    > > The way is should be...
                    > >
                    > > Total Will Save
                    > > BASE + ((W-10)-I)/2
                    > >
                    > > Skill Heal (example)
                    > > RANK + ((W-10)-I)/2
                    > >
                    > > Essentially, Instead of using the natural wisdom score to determine the modifyer for Will and Wisdom-based skills ((Wis-10)/2), it subtracts the insanity score before calculating the bonus.(((Wis-10)+INSANITY)/2)
                    > >
                    > > Further example...
                    > > Wisdom 14(+2) naturally
                    > > Level 6 Insanity score (3)
                    > >
                    > > Wisdom 11 (+0) for all skills and saves.
                    > >
                    > > Wisdom 17 (+3) for spell DC and bonus spells per day.
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >
                    > > > Well, let me ask this... Is the Skill Supposed to be straight Insanity
                    > > > or Half the Insanity value?
                    > > >
                    > > > Explain the formula and one of the formula savvy monkeys will definitely
                    > > > speak up.
                    > >
                    >
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    ... Use WISSCORE, works the same for the other stats too, STRSCORE, DEXSCORE, etc.. -- ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT) ~ PCGen Board of Directors ~ Content Silverback,
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 30, 2009
                    • 0 Attachment
                      The_Grail_Hermit scribed:

                      > I found way to do it, but I also found a massive flaw in everyhting I've been
                      > doing.
                      >
                      > In my calculations, I've been using "Wisdom"
                      > Example...
                      >
                      > BONUS:_____|Wisdom-_____
                      >
                      > "Wisdom" is not a valid variable, it seems, so it was calculating it as a
                      > zero. How do I use a stat score (Not the modifier) in a calculation? I can't
                      > just double WIS because it won't take into account odd wisdom scores.

                      Use WISSCORE, works the same for the other stats too, STRSCORE, DEXSCORE,
                      etc..
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                      ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                      ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second
                    • The_Grail_Hermit
                      Alright, using this information I was finally able to make a work around fix for the Madness domain. Basically, I have the domain subtract WIS from Will and
                      Message 10 of 13 , Aug 5, 2009
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Alright, using this information I was finally able to make a work around fix for the Madness domain.

                        Basically, I have the domain subtract WIS from Will and wisdom-based skills, effectivly negating the wisdom bonus. Then, I created a variable that equaled Wisdom minus Insanity. After that, I added bonuses to the previously mentioned stats with a formula that calculated the new wisdom modifyer.

                        Here is the final product.

                        DEFINE:INSANEWISDOM|WISSCORE-INSANITY
                        DEFINE:INSANITY|0
                        BONUS:VAR|INSANITY|(VAR("CL=CLERIC")+VAR("BL=CLERIC"))/2
                        BONUS:STAT|BASESPELLSTAT|INSANITY
                        BONUS:CHECKS|Will|-WIS
                        BONUS:CHECKS|Will|(INSANEWISDOM-10)/2
                        BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|-WIS
                        BONUS:SKILL|TYPE.WISDOM|(INSANEWISDOM-10)/2
                        SA:Insanity score %|INSANITY



                        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > The_Grail_Hermit scribed:
                        >
                        > > I found way to do it, but I also found a massive flaw in everyhting I've been
                        > > doing.
                        > >
                        > > In my calculations, I've been using "Wisdom"
                        > > Example...
                        > >
                        > > BONUS:_____|Wisdom-_____
                        > >
                        > > "Wisdom" is not a valid variable, it seems, so it was calculating it as a
                        > > zero. How do I use a stat score (Not the modifier) in a calculation? I can't
                        > > just double WIS because it won't take into account odd wisdom scores.
                        >
                        > Use WISSCORE, works the same for the other stats too, STRSCORE, DEXSCORE,
                        > etc..
                        > --
                        > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        > ~ PCGen Board of Directors
                        > ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.