Optional Starting hp rules in Pathfinder

  • ainvarg
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 26, 2009
      Is there anything in place to accommodate the optional starting hp rules in the Pathfinder Beta?

      For example, the Racial option gives bonus hp depending on the character's race. I haven't found a method to tell the system I want to use that option (and it doesn't use it by default). That's cool, I understand that.

      But is there a way to add the bonus hp manually? That's eluded me, as well.
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 26, 2009
        ainvarg scribed:

        > Is there anything in place to accommodate the optional starting hp rules in
        > the Pathfinder Beta?
        >
        > For example, the Racial option gives bonus hp depending on the character's
        > race. I haven't found a method to tell the system I want to use that option
        > (and it doesn't use it by default). That's cool, I understand that.
        >
        > But is there a way to add the bonus hp manually? That's eluded me, as well.

        Yes, if you go to the Race tab and then to the Templates sub tab you will
        find 4 templates starting with the name "Starting Hit Points", apply any one
        of these to set the optional rule you want to use.

        In the final dataset we may move this to the House Rules preference but
        we're not there yet.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009

          > ainvarg scribed:
          >
          > > Is there anything in place to accommodate the optional starting hp rules in
          > > the Pathfinder Beta?
          > >
          > > For example, the Racial option gives bonus hp depending on the character's
          > > race. I haven't found a method to tell the system I want to use that option
          > > (and it doesn't use it by default). That's cool, I understand that.
          > >
          > > But is there a way to add the bonus hp manually? That's eluded me, as well.
          >
          > Yes, if you go to the Race tab and then to the Templates sub tab you will
          > find 4 templates starting with the name "Starting Hit Points", apply any one
          > of these to set the optional rule you want to use.
          >
          > In the final dataset we may move this to the House Rules preference but
          > we're not there yet.
          > --
          > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          > ~ PCGen Board of Directors
          > ~ Content Silverback, Chair Second

          Great! Templates work for us! Thanks, Eddy!