Re: A new laptop-based html output sheet

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2009
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "satin.knights" <satin.knights@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <nylanfs@> wrote:
      > >
      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "satin.knights" satin.knights@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello Everyone. I have been fiddling and modifying the
      > > > d20/fantasy/htmlxml/csheet_fantasy_combined.htm until the changes
      > became
      > > > significant enough to fork off into its own sheet. Now that I have
      > > > squashed most of the bugs, I am ready to give back what I have done.
      > > > I hope people like the new page,
      > > > Satin Knights
      > > >

      > > Thanks! BTW have a sample character so it can be seen before
      > downloading?
      > >

      > Ok. I have added a couple examples. I will add more as time permits to
      > the examples directory.
      > http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/pcgen/examples/Grunt.htm
      > Grunt is a fourth level barbarian from 3.5 rules.
      >
      > http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/pcgen/examples/Grunt-PF.htm
      > Grunt as a Pathfinder barbarian with a bit more equipment and fluff
      > added.
      >
      > http://mediamonkey.coloredpixels.com/pcgen/examples/Marilandu.htm
      > Gnome Pathfinder Cleric/Sorceress/Mystic Theurge 4/3/1 with celestial
      > tendencies
      > Or at least she will be when I am done building the character. I am
      > Still building her
      > as I write this.

      I have to say that that sheet is awesome!
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 13, 2009
        Greetings Satin Knights,
        Nice work. I especially like the buttons that add temporary values to
        the various fields you have added, I can see how useful that would be at the
        table and goes well beyond the sheets we have now.
        These sheets would be a wonderful addition to our releases, my main
        concern is maintenance. Ideally it would be great if we could have you join
        the team and commit your bug fixes directly into the repository. If we can't
        talk you into that I can certainly commit any changes you pas along although
        I don't know javascript and will be no help there. I'd also like to change
        the name to something more descriptive like csheet_fantasy_laptop or
        csheet_fantasy_horizontal, what do you think?
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Board of Directors

        satin.knights scribed:

      • satin.knights
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2009
          My SVN skills are a little rusty, but I am sure I can manage check ins
          just fine.
          Yes, I would like to join the team. I will send you my SourceForge
          details privately.
          This new sheet relies on javascript so much, it is a bit fragile. But,
          the only way to
          strengthen it is to have many people beat on it until it chokes, then
          add more armor.
          I expect it to go through a lot of growing pains early on.

          For names, csheet_fantasy_laptop and csheet_fantasy_laptop_ws seem
          appropriate.

          -Satin Knights

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 14, 2009
            satin.knights scribed:

            > My SVN skills are a little rusty, but I am sure I can manage check ins
            > just fine.
            > Yes, I would like to join the team. I will send you my SourceForge
            > details privately.
            > This new sheet relies on javascript so much, it is a bit fragile. But,
            > the only way to
            > strengthen it is to have many people beat on it until it chokes, then
            > add more armor.
            > I expect it to go through a lot of growing pains early on.
            >
            > For names, csheet_fantasy_laptop and csheet_fantasy_laptop_ws seem
            > appropriate.
            >
            > -Satin Knights

            I've named them as you suggested and they have been added to the repository.
            I expect we will be releasing 5.17.0 some time soon as development is
            gaining steam. Thanks for the contribution and welcome to the team.