Re: [pcgen] custom creations and basic things

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009

      Let's start with basics

      First off which version are you using?
      Assuming you installed a default (All sets and such)

      Menu > Preferences
      Go through each and make sure they are set to how you would like.

      The pop up you are getting is found on the OUTPUT/display section - has the options to print spells, where the defaults are, etc. (IIRC, going by memory here); there are several fields in there. You need to select the path to the files. And unfortunately I'm not at my normal computer at the moment so I can't tell what the absolute correct path would be, but I can wing it in typical monkey style.

      pcgen/outputsheet/d20/fantasy/
      That is for your more typical fantasy based creations

      pcgen/preview is actually set up in the gamemode OR the pcc file. If you are using a typical set (srd, rsrd, msrd) then that should be set up already for you.

      In regards to documentation, in the program just hit 'F1' and that will bring up the full pcgen documentation, anything from installing, to creating your own data sets is covered in there.

      If you can supply us with the steps you are doing, (Loading what, which tab is giving you issues, etc.), it will be easier to find the solution.

      -Andrew

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
        A small addition,

        pcgen/outputsheet/d20/fantasy/html/