custom creations and basic things

  • concerro
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
      Where do I go to find out how to do custom creations, and other basic things. I cant even do print preview because "No HTML template specified in preferences" keeps popping up, when I tried to view a character sheet before I printed it out.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2009
        Hi,

        Let's start with basics

        First off which version are you using?
        Assuming you installed a default (All sets and such)

        Menu > Preferences
        Go through each and make sure they are set to how you would like.

        The pop up you are getting is found on the OUTPUT/display section - has the options to print spells, where the defaults are, etc. (IIRC, going by memory here); there are several fields in there. You need to select the path to the files. And unfortunately I'm not at my normal computer at the moment so I can't tell what the absolute correct path would be, but I can wing it in typical monkey style.

        pcgen/outputsheet/d20/fantasy/
        That is for your more typical fantasy based creations

        pcgen/preview is actually set up in the gamemode OR the pcc file. If you are using a typical set (srd, rsrd, msrd) then that should be set up already for you.

        In regards to documentation, in the program just hit 'F1' and that will bring up the full pcgen documentation, anything from installing, to creating your own data sets is covered in there.

        If you can supply us with the steps you are doing, (Loading what, which tab is giving you issues, etc.), it will be easier to find the solution.

        -Andrew

        ________________________________
        Where do I go to find out how to do custom creations, and other basic things. I cant even do print preview because "No HTML template specified in preferences" keeps popping up, when I tried to view a character sheet before I printed it out.

        ------------------------------------

        Related Lists
        PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
        PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap