Re: [pcgen] Getting 5.16.0 to recognize CMP-created gamemodes

    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
      It should be working just fine. What you need to see the sets is make
      sure you have the cmp gamemode selected. (This includes having the
      proper gamemode in the system/gamemode folder).

      Make sure the CMP files are all in the proper location.

      Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

      ainvarg wrote:
      > The old file structure for the CMP datasets (directly under data) doesn't appear to be working in 5.16.0. Do the CMP files perchance need to be under the data/customsources folder?

      > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
      > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

    • ainvarg
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
        Sir, you are amazingly quick.

        So I had the right idea, wrong specifics. There are no CMP Gamemodes in my 5.16.0 install folder, but I see some under the 5.14.0 folder (I install PCGen in parallel rather than over the top) -- are there concerns/considerations to using those gamemode files, or can I just copy them over into the 5.16.0 system/gamemodes folder?

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
          Well, there shouldn't be a problem moving the gamemode to the new
          version. CMP hasn't released anything new since their license expired.
          Whatever is in 5.14.1 CMP Set is the final version.

          Anyways, the short answer, no, there shouldn't be an issue. You likely
          need to run the pcgen converter on your set to make sure it will work
          though, as some tags have changed.

          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
            This might explain why I thought the converter didn't run on my datasets in an earlier post. Are the files ignored if they are associated with an unrecognized gamemode?

            I'm see a lot of issues with SA tags -- I'll try the gamemode changes and see if the converter can provide some relief with those tags. I see they are no longer valid, but I'm not sure of the correct syntax to replace them. I'll save that question for when I have something specific to ask. Thanks again.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7, 2009
              No gamemode, the converter can't see the files.

              Good luck. Glad I was able to help. :)

              Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 8, 2009
                The gamemode I have from CMP appears to have issues. Any reason I can't mimic the 35e gamemode files? I'm not sure what, if anything, they would need to have different.

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2009
                  Design differences, the same reason you can't use the CMP sets with the
                  OGL pcgen sets. Although their would be little differences since the
                  gamemode files don't really have much flexibility.

                  A little history - People thought that CMP was just copying the pcgen
                  base sets (Since PCGen is all volunteer and CMP was paid). So, to avoid
                  that accusation they made their sets unique from the pcgen ones. It's a
                  pain, and not very cool. But it was a different culture back then.

                  What issue are you having with the gamemode, as those haven't really
                  changed all that much in the various versions. Are you seeing a message
                  about deprecated syntax? That is very easy to fix... go ahead and post
                  the msg here.

                  Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

                • Paul
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 9, 2009
                    Actually Barak's script converts the gamemodes from 5.12.1 to 5.14.1 also.

                    And as a reminder people, CLIP the stuff AFTER messages for people reading this in email or on the digest.