BoD log 7/6/09

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2009
      [Chair]Eddy: *bangs gavel*
      [Chair]Eddy: All right, I'll start
      [Chair]Eddy: Content Report:
      [Chair]Eddy: Docs
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc Bugs: 0 (0 total, -1 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc FREQs: 0 for 5.16.1 (60 total, unchanged since last
      meeting)

      [Chair]Eddy: Output Sheets
      [Chair]Eddy: OS Bugs: 0 for 5.16.1 (8, -3 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: OS FREQs: 0 for 5.16.1 (34 total, +1 since last meeting)

      [Chair]Eddy: Data
      [Chair]Eddy: Data Bugs: 0 for 5.16.1 (30 Total, -4 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: Data FREQs: 4 for 5.16.1 (115 Total, +1 since last meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: All of the data trackers are related to the Pathfinder beta,
      any that are still unresolved when the code team is ready to release will be
      rolled into the PF final developement effort once that begins.

      [Chair]Eddy: New Source Development: 0 for 5.16.1 (9 Total, -2 since last
      meeting)
      [Chair]Eddy: The 4e Starter Set is up on the release site.

      [Chair]Eddy: That's pretty much it Content is go for 5.16.1
      [Chair]Eddy: Questions?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: None from me
      [Arch_SB]thpr: no
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i'm good
      [Chair]Eddy: Cool, who wants to go next?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I can
      [Chair]Eddy: Please do
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Code has at least 2 bugs, maybe 3 for 5.16.1
      [Arch_SB]thpr: The one I currently own, I need to do more research on to
      determine the impact
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I've discussed with James and if it turns into a big rip &
      repair, then it's a 5.17 defect
      [Arch_SB]thpr: The number of bugs has been reduced by at least 2 since the
      last meeting
      [Arch_SB]thpr: but I'm unsure of the exact number, since I think I've missed
      at least 2 consecutive meetings due to travel
      [Arch_SB]thpr: So code has a bit of work for 5.16.1 still
      [Arch_SB]thpr: any questions on code?
      [OGL]Nylanfs: What's the one that might need a big rip & repair?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: can't make spells in list editor stick for sorcerer - ID:
      2789566
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Oh, yes I remember seeing that.
      [Chair]Eddy: I know we don't want to delay to much longer if we want to get
      5.16.1 on a CD out at GenCon
      [Arch_SB]thpr: do we have the funds for that?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I didn't think there was much left after paying for the booth
      [Arch_SB]thpr: (or any left, actually, I thought Kar was filling a hold)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: *hole)
      [Chair]Eddy: not sure, Eric is moving forward with it
      [Arch_SB]thpr: we need to check that
      [Arch_SB]thpr: that's a significant expense
      [Arch_SB]thpr: and if we do it
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Should I get a job back before then I'll be able to contribute
      some cash for the CD's and flyers
      [Arch_SB]thpr: need the drop dead date from Eric
      [OGL]Nylanfs: :)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: here's hoping
      [Arch_SB]thpr: other questions or concerns, or on to arch?
      [Chair]Eddy: none here
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Nothing more from me
      [Arch_SB]thpr: on the arch side, I've put a number of postings across the
      -dev list
      [Arch_SB]thpr: very little response so far, though there is more to explain
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'm not sure if I'm being Warnocked again or whether I'm not
      explaining enough
      [Arch_SB]thpr: time will tell I guess
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I've been listening, very interesting so far
      [Arch_SB]thpr: but it would be nice to have some of the new developers raise
      a hand on something they are interested in
      [Arch_SB]thpr: (or existing developers too!)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: on code modification, I've taken out many of the clones, and
      started to push forward type safety
      [Arch_SB]thpr: this has helped a tiny bit on the performance side (a few %
      according to my tests)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: more work to come there, but PCClass and Ability are tougher
      items to make safe
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I also checked in the first new CHOOSE token yesterday, and
      there are now a few of the "new" CHOOSE tokens to test
      [Arch_SB]thpr: Some pushing on those to make sure they work would be
      appreciated
      [Arch_SB]thpr: since things like CHOOSE:STAT can flow into a BONUS
      [Arch_SB]thpr: any questions?
      [Chair]Eddy: nope
      [OGL]Nylanfs: None from me
      [Chair]Eddy: K, Paul, Paul, anything to report?
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i don't have anything
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Nothing that I'm aware of
      [PL_2nd]Paul: i've been so wrapped up in school stuff, that i don't have
      much time to keep up with the PCGen lists
      [OGL]Nylanfs: I've made a couple of references to the 4e starter set in a
      couple of places in WotC forums but no nibbles that I'm aware of
      [Chair]Eddy: OK, we'll move on to the agenda, such as it is
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Chris will probably make a full announcement for them since
      there's a regular OOC download for it now
      [Chair]Eddy: 1.) 5.16.1 - Are we close to done?
      [Chair]Eddy: Content is ready to go to RC1 whenever the other teams are.
      [Chair]Eddy: We've covered that pretty well
      [Chair]Eddy: 2.) Gencon - How's our preperation going?
      [Chair]Eddy: We can't really discuss this without any of the active
      participants
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Well I'm almost prepared to go
      [Chair]Eddy: I've got graphics ready anyway
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Need to pick up a remnant carpet piece with some cushion or
      padding on the back
      [OGL]Nylanfs: If you leave off the final version we could get flyer's made
      at any point
      [OGL]Nylanfs: If I remember correctly flyers took 2 weeks from order
      [Chair]Eddy: I've made a versionless version :-)
      [OGL]Nylanfs: :)
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm also working on a flyer that states we'er supporting
      Pathfinder
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyway..
      [Chair]Eddy: 3.) Roadmap - Have Data/Code reconciled those remaining
      trackers?
      [Chair]Eddy: Yes, I have completed a review of the data bug/freq trackers,
      [Chair]Eddy: most of the P4 and lower tracker (the ones which need code
      support) now have a link to a code FREQ tracker even if there is not a clear
      coarse of action (it is assumed the spec will be worked out later).
      [Chair]Eddy: There were a few I didn't know what to do with but they
      concerned very corner cases
      [Arch_SB]thpr: good news
      [Chair]Eddy: So I believe we can start scope disscussions
      [Chair]Eddy: sorry it took so long
      [Arch_SB]thpr: are all the code freqs properly set in priority?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: meaning prio 3? or 6?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: no worries
      [Chair]Eddy: All those I opened for this are P3
      [Arch_SB]thpr: k
      [Chair]Eddy: I may open some more, I'm going through ,y notes to see if I
      can find old FREQs I never entered
      [Arch_SB]thpr: ok
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'll start reading through what is there
      [Arch_SB]thpr: and may start some discussions on _exp
      [Arch_SB]thpr: since those are inherently higher on the list
      [Chair]Eddy: ok
      [Chair]Eddy: That's all I got on the agenda, anyone have any open topics?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: not from me
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Not from me
      [Chair]Eddy: OK then, lets call it a night
      [PL_2nd]Paul: k
      [Chair]Eddy: *bangs gavel* thanks for coming everyone