Re: [pcgen] [TM] How to implement race change due to reincarnation

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
      Sourceforge is down at the moment for me. They've noted intermittent outages
      and... I guess intermittent is now!

      Making a note that this needs to be trackered in Data FReqs:

      [*SRD] Reincarnation Templates
      The basic premise is applying the stat adjustments and abilities, but not
      interfering with some of what the base race has.

      Issues:
      Remove Physical Stat adjustment of old race
      Apply physical stat adjustments of new race
      Reduce HD by one (or, if LV 1, -2 CON)
      Add racial abilities as appropriate. Reincarnate seems to imply anything
      physical, such as movement and speed, natural armor, natural attacks, and
      extraordinary abilties. It doesn't go as far to say that supernatural or
      spell-like are added, simply because this could overpower a creature.

      Races listed under Reincarnation (14 total):
      Bugbear
      Dwarf
      Elf
      Gnoll
      Gnome
      Goblin
      Half-elf
      Half-orc
      Halfling
      Human
      Kobold
      Lizardfolk
      Orc
      Troglodyte

      As far as calling what goes and what doesn't, consider the Gnome:
      +2 Constitution, -2 Strength - obviously
      * Small size - PCGen should automatically change the bonuses and penalties for
      size (i.e. BONUS:SIZEMOD|NUMBER|-1)
      * Gnome base land speed is 20 feet - easy enough
      * Low-Light Vision - This would be considered Extraordinary
      * Automatic Languages - already nixed by the spell description

      * Spell-Like Abilities - doesn't seem like it should apply as they're not
      truly Extraordinary
      * Favored Class - the base race should be determining the favored class

      The following could have issues:
      * Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons
      rather than exotic weapons
      * +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions
      * Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells
      cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects
      * +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against kobolds and goblinoids
      * +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against monsters of the giant type
      * +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
      * +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.

      Are these considered a racial traits or a common training for gnomes as
      they're growing up? In the end, the RSRD does list all these traits as
      Extraordinary.

      Accessing file 12288.21000.10305

      Data from user Andrew is as follows:

      > Yeah, might as well. Not sure how easy it will be to implement.
      >
      > Though the answer to the question is correct, changing a race is easy,
      > the stuff tackled on by virtue of reincarnation is not so easily dealt
      > with.
      >
      > Perhaps a simple thing of Template - Race Changed to... Leaving the Base
      > Race alone.
      >
      > I don't know, I'm too tired to think it through at this point.
      >
      > That does sound like an awful lot of work for something that does get
      > seen that often.

      > Michael W. Fender wrote:
      > > Accessing file 32510.4440.15769
      > >
      > > Data from user Andrew is as follows:

      > >> Easy, change the race from what he was, to what he is. Or in your case,
      > >> simply change the race to Gnoll.
      > >>
      > >> That is the easiest question I've had in a long time. Thanks. :)
      > >
      > > Too bad the answer's wrong.
      > >
      > > Reincarnating a creature is difficult. You can't just change the race,
      > > since that applies not only the physical changes (which is normal) but
      > > the mental changes as well (which you're not supposed to do).
      > >
      > > Also, a human changing into another race is not supposed to lose their
      > > bonus feat or skill points.
      > >
      > > Finally they gain the new racial abilities, but not the automatic
      > > languages.
      > >
      > > In the case of changing to a Gnoll, they don't automatically learn Gnoll
      > > and shouldn't suffer the penalty to INT and CHA, nor should they suddenly
      > > be overspending a feat and 10 skill points.
      > >
      > > In all honesty, I think we're missing templates for Reincarnation. That
      > > might be a new project that'll have to be touched upon.
      > >
      > > Should we tracker this for Data?

      Fluxxdog

      think.
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
        2817282 Reincarnation FREQ for Michael...
        <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2817282&group_id=25576&atid=750092>

        Odd, it's up for me... must be only down for very short periods.

        Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin

        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
          Accessing file 6653.23666.28432

          Data from user Andrew is as follows:

          > 2817282 Reincarnation FREQ for Michael...
          > <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2817282&group_id=25576&at
          >id=750092>
          >
          > Odd, it's up for me... must be only down for very short periods.

          Many thanks!
          --
          Fluxxdog

          think.
        • Natalie Holeman
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
            Please forgive a question, that is about the spell "Reincarnate" rather than the implementation in PCGen, but comments posted here have caused me to rethink what we have done to player characters in our group.

            If a character changes from grey elf (+2int +2dex -2str -2con) to dwarf (+2con -2cha) are you saying they should end up with racial bonuses of (+2int, +2con)?

            We did not deny players skills previously gained as to number of ranks or feat because I know how to edit the character data file, but we would allow the stat changes to effect skill levels and requirements to do things.  For one unlucky 16th level mage, the use of some of their spells (went from grey elf to lizardman so lost 4 int  -- 21-4=17 so highest spell able to cast is 7th level).

            Michael W. Fender wrote:
> [...]
            >>
            >>> Accessing file 32510.4440.15769
            >>>
            >>> Data from user Andrew is as follows:

            >>> Too bad the answer's wrong.
            >>>
            >>> Reincarnating a creature is difficult. You can't just change the race,
            >>> since that applies not only the physical changes (which is normal) but
            >>> the mental changes as well (which you're not supposed to do).
            >>>
            >>> Also, a human changing into another race is not supposed to lose their
            >>> bonus feat or skill points.
            >>>
            >>> Finally they gain the new racial abilities, but not the automatic
            >>> languages.
            >>>
            >>> In the case of changing to a Gnoll, they don't automatically learn Gnoll
            >>> and shouldn't suffer the penalty to INT and CHA, nor should they suddenly
            >>> be overspending a feat and 10 skill points.
            >>>
            >>> In all honesty, I think we're missing templates for Reincarnation. That
            >>> might be a new project that'll have to be touched upon.

          • ainvarg
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
              You'd be welcome if it worked. I tried that, thanks. The software did not respond at all when I tried to save the change.

              > Easy, change the race from what he was, to what he is. Or in your case,
              > simply change the race to Gnoll.
              >
              > That is the easiest question I've had in a long time. Thanks. :)
              >
              > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
              >

              > ainvarg wrote:
              > > After some puzzling, I'm tickled to say I've figured out most of what I was missing for my primary character without posting to the forums, but I have one significant roadblock remaining (and a smaller one I will save for a later post).
              > >
              > > My seventh-level character got a little too much quality time with a tyrannosaurus' maw, leading to his reincarnation as a gnoll. I've been unable to determine how to record the change in PCGen.
              > >
              > > If I recreate him from scratch starting as a gnoll, the skills will be wrong. But I don't think I can change his race in mid-stream. Or can I?
              > >

              > > ------------------------------------
              > >
              > > Related Lists
              > > PCGen's Wiki: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki
              > > PCGen's Roadmap: http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Roadmap

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • ainvarg
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
                Oh, wow - wasn't trying to start a new thread of fixes. As Andrew said, this probably doesn't come up a lot.

                I was just hoping someone could tell me how to approximate it in the software, not engineer a whole new fix.

                For what it's worth, the plan appears to be right on.

                Thanks for the quick responses to both questions, folks!

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...> wrote:

                > Accessing file 6653.23666.28432
                >
                > Data from user Andrew is as follows:
                >
                > > 2817282 Reincarnation FREQ for Michael...
                > > <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2817282&group_id=25576&at
                > >id=750092>
                > >
                > > Odd, it's up for me... must be only down for very short periods.
                >
                > Many thanks!
                > --
                > Fluxxdog
                >
                > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to make them
                > think.

              • Michael W. Fender
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
                  Accessing file 4230.20110.2045

                  Data from user ainvarg is as follows:

                  > Oh, wow - wasn't trying to start a new thread of fixes. As Andrew said,
                  > this probably doesn't come up a lot.
                  >
                  > I was just hoping someone could tell me how to approximate it in the
                  > software, not engineer a whole new fix.
                  >
                  > For what it's worth, the plan appears to be right on.
                  >
                  > Thanks for the quick responses to both questions, folks!

                  Eh, it'll be another project for me. I've got myself back on track with AEG
                  Feats sourcebook, and should have that done in the next couple weeks. Then
                  Ill have something new to play with ^^

                  And sometimes, things like this can lead to an improvement for the whole
                  program. Never really know until you try.

                  --
                  Fluxxdog

                  think.
                • ainvarg
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
                    The way we interpreted it in my case was the elven physical ability adjustments (+2 Dex, -2 Con) were removed and the gnoll physical ability adjustments were applied (+4 Str, +2 Con, iirc).

                    In the case you describe, I think he would keep the mental ability adjustment (+2 Int) and lose the physical ability adjustments (+2 Dex, -2 Str, -2 Con) of the gray elf, which would be replaced with the physical ability adjustment of the dwarf (+2 Con). So to say it simply, yes, I think he's going to have a total ability adjustment of +2 Int and +2 Con when all is said and done.

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 6, 2009
                      Accessing file 18164.20151.3643

                      Data from user Natalie is as follows:

                      > Please forgive a question, that is about the spell "Reincarnate" rather
                      > than the implementation in PCGen, but comments posted here have caused me
                      > to rethink what we have done to player characters in our group.

                      > If a character changes from grey elf (+2int +2dex -2str -2con) to dwarf
                      > (+2con -2cha) are you saying they should end up with racial bonuses of
                      > (+2int, +2con)?

                      The way it's read, they keep their INT bonus but don't get the CHA penalty.
                      As for their other stats, they'd basically get +2 STR, -2 DEX, +4 CON. That's
                      the net effect of reincarnating an elf into a dwarf.

                      > We did not deny players skills previously gained as to number of ranks or
                      > feat because I know how to edit the character data file, but we would allow
                      > the stat changes to effect skill levels and requirements to do things. For
                      > one unlucky 16th level mage, the use of some of their spells (went from
                      > grey elf to lizardman so lost 4 int -- 21-4=17 so highest spell able to
                      > cast is 7th level).

                      Here's the thing: With Reincarnate, they should never have lost the
                      Intelligence. It's only their Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution that
                      should have been adjusted.

                      From a game play point of view, it's the same person, just a different body.
                      Think of them being permanently polymorphed. So you keep the mental, but
                      change the physical.
                      --
                      Fluxxdog

                      think.
                    • Natalie Holeman
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 10, 2009
                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 13 11:31 AM
                          Hey, Michael. Any further thoughts on this? Since I can't put my character in PCGen at the moment because of this lack, I thought I'd tinker with it some, but didn't want to cover ground you've already got covered. Have you had a chance to look at this? Any chance I can contribute?

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 13 12:19 PM

                            I think the template method might be your best bet.

                            List what you need to change and one of us can walk you through it.

                            -Andrew (At work)

                            ________________________________

                            ------------------------------------

                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 13 12:50 PM
                              Thanks, Andrew!

                              I think I see most of it, but there are a few that are probably globals that I'm missing. This is off the top of my head, so I may have some details missing or wrong, but I should be able to generalize once I see how you translate it into .lst tags.

                              ----------------------
                              I need to remove racial modifiers to physical stats (STR, DEX, CON) from the original race and add racial modifiers to physical stats for the reincarnated race. If we need specifics for a one-off solution, it's -2 to DEX, +4 to STR, +2 to CON.

                              I need to add a Level Adjustment of +1 -- it appears that LEVELADJUSTMENT:1 is the tag for that, right?

                              I need to add two levels of Monstrous Humanoid. Looking at the docs, I see HD and HITDIE, but don't get the feeling that either is what I'm looking for, quite.

                              Those two levels should provide me with 2 levels' worth of skill points (2+Int Mod for monstrous humanoid). The class skills are Listen and Spot.

                              I believe I can use the SA tag to add Darkvision, right?

                              I need to add Natural Armor bonus of +1

                              Movement type and speed did not change in this case, but in a general case, we would need to remove the current movement type and speed and replace them with the new forms'.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 13 1:01 PM
                                ainvarg wrote:
                                > Thanks, Andrew!
                                >
                                > I think I see most of it, but there are a few that are probably globals that I'm missing. This is off the top of my head, so I may have some details missing or wrong, but I should be able to generalize once I see how you translate it into .lst tags.
                                >
                                > ----------------------
                                > I need to remove racial modifiers to physical stats (STR, DEX, CON) from the original race and add racial modifiers to physical stats for the reincarnated race. If we need specifics for a one-off solution, it's -2 to DEX, +4 to STR, +2 to CON.

                                Yeah, throw it in a Template
                                BONUS:STAT|STR|4
                                BONUS:STAT|DEX|-2
                                BONUS:STAT|CON|2
                                > I need to add a Level Adjustment of +1 -- it appears that LEVELADJUSTMENT:1 is the tag for that, right?

                                Correct.
                                > I need to add two levels of Monstrous Humanoid. Looking at the docs, I see HD and HITDIE, but don't get the feeling that either is what I'm looking for, quite.

                                That is a little more tricky, if you want PCGen to do it for you, then
                                use this:

                                KIT:1|Incarnate Monster Levels Two

                                Then in the kit file
                                STARTPACK:Incarnate Monster Levels Two
                                CLASS:Monsterous Humanoid <> LEVEL:2

                                Double check the syntax since I'm going off the top of my head on that.
                                > Those two levels should provide me with 2 levels' worth of skill points (2+Int Mod for monstrous humanoid). The class skills are Listen and Spot.

                                It should
                                > I believe I can use the SA tag to add Darkvision, right?

                                Huh, only if you really want, but SA is now SAB. Though this will work
                                VISION:Darkvision (60')

                                Since Vision is it's own tag and will show up.

                                In any event SAB has been displaced by ABILITY using DESC. Just for
                                future reference.

                                If I was doing it as an Ability...

                                ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Darkvision

                                In the ability file
                                Darkvision <> CATEGORY:Special Ability <> TYPE:SpecialQuality <>
                                DESC:60' [OR] DESC:%1|DarkvisionRange
                                DEFINE:DarkvisionRange|0 <> BONUS:VAR|DarkvisionRange|60

                                That would allow an easy method of changing the vision range.

                                > I need to add Natural Armor bonus of +1

                                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor
                                > Movement type and speed did not change in this case, but in a general case, we would need to remove the current movement type and speed and replace them with the new forms'.

                                On a case by case basis currently. BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.MovementName|-30
                                Then MOVE:Walk,30 for adding movement of Walk at a base rate of 30.

                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 13 6:42 PM

                                  > ainvarg wrote:
                                  > > ----------------------
                                  > > I need to remove racial modifiers to physical stats (STR, DEX, CON) from the original race and add racial modifiers to physical stats for the reincarnated race. If we need specifics for a one-off solution, it's -2 to DEX, +4 to STR, +2 to CON.
                                  > >

                                  > Yeah, throw it in a Template
                                  > BONUS:STAT|STR|4
                                  > BONUS:STAT|DEX|-2
                                  > BONUS:STAT|CON|2

                                  These are working -- well, once I realize I'd given you the wrong numbers, I got them working.

                                  > > I need to add a Level Adjustment of +1 -- it appears that LEVELADJUSTMENT:1 is the tag for that, right?
                                  > >
                                  > Correct.

                                  I'm not sure this is accomplishing what I thought it would. I need the character to gain two levels of monstrous humanoid complete with skills, feats, ability jumps (if appropriate), but in addition he needs to be gaining his xp as though he's yet another (ie, a third) level higher than his character levels. I assumed that this tag would provide that "third" level. Sound right?

                                  > > I need to add two levels of Monstrous Humanoid. Looking at the docs, I see HD and HITDIE, but don't get the feeling that either is what I'm looking for, quite.
                                  > >
                                  > That is a little more tricky, if you want PCGen to do it for you, then
                                  > use this:
                                  >
                                  > KIT:1|Incarnate Monster Levels Two
                                  >
                                  > Then in the kit file
                                  > STARTPACK:Incarnate Monster Levels Two
                                  > CLASS:Monsterous Humanoid <> LEVEL:2
                                  >
                                  > Double check the syntax since I'm going off the top of my head on that.

                                  It loads without any errors, but it doesn't seem to be including the levels of monstrous humanoid to determine, for example, the number of feats or the number of skills that are due the character. Your qualifier in that statement got me thinking, however. I'm going to see if I can apply RACETYPE in the template and manually add the two levels of monstrous humanoid. Sound reasonable?

                                  > > Those two levels should provide me with 2 levels' worth of skill points (2+Int Mod for monstrous humanoid). The class skills are Listen and Spot.
                                  > >

                                  > It should
                                  > > I believe I can use the SA tag to add Darkvision, right?
                                  > >

                                  > Huh, only if you really want, but SA is now SAB. Though this will work
                                  > VISION:Darkvision (60')
                                  >
                                  > Since Vision is it's own tag and will show up.
                                  >
                                  > In any event SAB has been displaced by ABILITY using DESC. Just for
                                  > future reference.
                                  >
                                  > If I was doing it as an Ability...
                                  >
                                  > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Darkvision
                                  >
                                  > In the ability file
                                  > Darkvision <> CATEGORY:Special Ability <> TYPE:SpecialQuality <>
                                  > DESC:60' [OR] DESC:%1|DarkvisionRange
                                  > DEFINE:DarkvisionRange|0 <> BONUS:VAR|DarkvisionRange|60
                                  >
                                  > That would allow an easy method of changing the vision range.

                                  No need since it's a one-off and not a general solution to the problem. VISION tag is great and works fine.

                                  > > I need to add Natural Armor bonus of +1
                                  > >

                                  > BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor

                                  Got it

                                  > > Movement type and speed did not change in this case, but in a general case, we would need to remove the current movement type and speed and replace them with the new forms'.
                                  > >

                                  > On a case by case basis currently.

                                  Then I'm not worried about these particular changes. Thanks for illustrating, though.

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 13 6:53 PM
                                    Not sure why, but setting the RACETYPE in the template doesn't appear to be changing the race from elf to monstrous humanoid. Perhaps there's something more than "RACETYPE: Monstrous Humanoid"?

                                    I've got it working by ignoring class prereqs, though...

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 13 9:33 PM
                                      ainvarg wrote:
                                      > Not sure why, but setting the RACETYPE in the template doesn't appear to be changing the race from elf to monstrous humanoid. Perhaps there's something more than "RACETYPE: Monstrous Humanoid"?

                                      No space for the first part - 'RACETYPE:Monstrous Humanoid'. Second,
                                      RACETYPE won't change the race, just the Race Type. Your Race Type as an
                                      Elf is "Humanoid" with the RACESUBTYPE of Elf. You gave up the Humanoid
                                      type for the Monstrous Humanoid. But that won't change the classes or
                                      your actual race.

                                      > I've got it working by ignoring class prereqs, though...
                                      >
                                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ainvarg" <ainvarg@...> wrote:
                                      >
                                      >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@> wrote:

                                      >>> Yeah, throw it in a Template
                                      >>> BONUS:STAT|STR|4
                                      >>> BONUS:STAT|DEX|-2

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 13 9:40 PM
                                        ainvarg wrote:

                                        >> ainvarg wrote:
                                        >>
                                        >>> ----------------------
                                        >>> I need to remove racial modifiers to physical stats (STR, DEX, CON) from the original race and add racial modifiers to physical stats for the reincarnated race. If we need specifics for a one-off solution, it's -2 to DEX, +4 to STR, +2 to CON.
                                        >>>

                                        >> Yeah, throw it in a Template
                                        >> BONUS:STAT|STR|4
                                        >> BONUS:STAT|DEX|-2
                                        >> BONUS:STAT|CON|2
                                        >>

                                        > These are working -- well, once I realize I'd given you the wrong numbers, I got them working.

                                        Well, I'm working with what you give. Oh, BTW, we really should be
                                        discussing the lst aspects on the Pcgen List File Help Group and not the
                                        general list. But we'll let it pass this time around.

                                        >>> I need to add a Level Adjustment of +1 -- it appears that LEVELADJUSTMENT:1 is the tag for that, right?
                                        >>>

                                        >> Correct.
                                        >>

                                        > I'm not sure this is accomplishing what I thought it would. I need the character to gain two levels of monstrous humanoid complete with skills, feats, ability jumps (if appropriate), but in addition he needs to be gaining his xp as though he's yet another (ie, a third) level higher than his character levels. I assumed that this tag would provide that "third" level. Sound right?

                                        What that does is Add a 'fake' level to your character... Like How Drow
                                        are ECL+3, LEVELADJUSTMENT:3 makes pcgen think they are two level higher
                                        for XP needed to level, no adding of HD, or Skills or anything else.

                                        >>> I need to add two levels of Monstrous Humanoid. Looking at the docs, I see HD and HITDIE, but don't get the feeling that either is what I'm looking for, quite.
                                        >>>

                                        >> That is a little more tricky, if you want PCGen to do it for you, then
                                        >> use this:
                                        >>
                                        >> KIT:1|Incarnate Monster Levels Two
                                        >>
                                        >> Then in the kit file
                                        >> STARTPACK:Incarnate Monster Levels Two
                                        >> CLASS:Monsterous Humanoid <> LEVEL:2
                                        >>
                                        >> Double check the syntax since I'm going off the top of my head on that.
                                        >>

                                        > It loads without any errors, but it doesn't seem to be including the levels of monstrous humanoid to determine, for example, the number of feats or the number of skills that are due the character. Your qualifier in that statement got me thinking, however. I'm going to see if I can apply RACETYPE in the template and manually add the two levels of monstrous humanoid. Sound reasonable?

                                        You can try with that method. If it didn't add the levels, then I'll
                                        need to look at it. You can apply a Template via Kit which would solve
                                        that issue of meeting the PREREQs.

                                        >>> Those two levels should provide me with 2 levels' worth of skill points (2+Int Mod for monstrous humanoid). The class skills are Listen and Spot.
                                        >>>

                                        >> It should
                                        >>
                                        >>> I believe I can use the SA tag to add Darkvision, right?
                                        >>>

                                        >> Huh, only if you really want, but SA is now SAB. Though this will work
                                        >> VISION:Darkvision (60')
                                        >>
                                        >> Since Vision is it's own tag and will show up.
                                        >>
                                        >> In any event SAB has been displaced by ABILITY using DESC. Just for
                                        >> future reference.
                                        >>
                                        >> If I was doing it as an Ability...
                                        >>
                                        >> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Darkvision
                                        >>
                                        >> In the ability file
                                        >> Darkvision <> CATEGORY:Special Ability <> TYPE:SpecialQuality <>
                                        >> DESC:60' [OR] DESC:%1|DarkvisionRange
                                        >> DEFINE:DarkvisionRange|0 <> BONUS:VAR|DarkvisionRange|60
                                        >>
                                        >> That would allow an easy method of changing the vision range.
                                        >>

                                        > No need since it's a one-off and not a general solution to the problem. VISION tag is great and works fine.

                                        Just illuminating the full range of possibilities. What is creative is
                                        if you take the VarName and place it in the vision tag...

                                        VISION:Darkvision (0')
                                        BONUS:VISION|Darkvision|DarkvisionRange

                                        Handy when you need to code feats/abilities that add to your Darkvision
                                        range...

                                        >>> I need to add Natural Armor bonus of +1
                                        >>>

                                        >> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor
                                        >>

                                        > Got it
                                        >

                                        >>> Movement type and speed did not change in this case, but in a general case, we would need to remove the current movement type and speed and replace them with the new forms'.
                                        >>>

                                        >> On a case by case basis currently.
                                        >>

                                        > Then I'm not worried about these particular changes. Thanks for illustrating, though.

                                        Your welcome