PCGen on a Netbook, and a likely unrelated problem . . .

  • Eric C. Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2009
      Hi Folks!

      I recently picked up an Acer Aspire One D250 netboon and
      am having a good time playing with it. I've installed PCGen
      5.14.1 and 5,16.0 on it and both installations went beautifully.
      Both versions also ran wonderfully.

      The D2590 has an Intel Atom N270 running at 1.6GHz and
      I've upgraded the ram to 2GB. Launching PCGen is snappy,
      or at least snappier than launching it on my 1.42 GHz Mac
      Mini w/1GB RAM. I installed the CMP data sets just fine
      using the Data Install feature of 5.14.1 (I haven't converted
      the sets to 5.16.0 yet). Creating a new character was quicker
      than on the Mac Mini and I didn't seem to have any problems.
      Well, except for one that I strongly suspect isn't due to the fact
      that I am running PCGen on a Netbook.

      While configured for the CMP data sets I do not see the "Preview"
      tab. I tried the "Character Sheet" tab but it doesn't load anything
      and there are no choices under the pull down menu. I seem to
      recall that the preview tab has been moved, or removed, or
      something. Its there on 5.16.0 (without the CMP data sets) but I
      don't see it on 5.14.1. I still have to try running the RSRD under
      5.14.1 though.

      Any thoughts on what might be the problem?

      I'll be running some more tests later but right now I'm getting
      ready for a July 4th BBQ, so if anyone had any insights before I
      get back, I'd be interested in them.

      Thanks!

      Eric Smth