CMP back up

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2009
      The CMP website and forum is back up. The forums is listed as PNpnpBB2 on the side bar though, so everything isn't back to normal fully. You also might have to clear your cache for the dates to be correct in the forum.

      Here's the news piece that Mynex posted.

      [Mynex spoketh]
      Okay all kinds of craziness the last 2 mos...

      I went to upgrade the site and change the forums to BB3...

      Testing offline went (mostly) smoothly and I went to 'live it' and all hell broke loose...

      Then I _thought_ I had fixed it (I was seeing everything as it should be) and didn't think anymore of it...

      mainly because I've been sick (in and out of the hospital) since Dave's Funeral (I'm fine now, just tired and wore out).

      Friday someone _finally_ mentioned something to me about the site and showed me what they saw... so I've been poking at it all weekend long and as you can see, it's partially working/up...

      I have to do a lot more poking at things... I may just reinstall the entirety of the freaking portal software (the Zikula part)...

      If I do that, I can manually import/set passwords for those that are registered through the portal... I do not know what (and probable) ill effects that may cause with the forum software... so I'm going to test the hell out of it offline before even trying it online...

      Trying to upgrade the forums software from BB2 to BB3 actually went very smoothly... except for the fact it trashed all the user passwords on conversion (posts and user accounts and all that did convert over fine though)...

      So first it'll be the portal software I'll be mucking with... then I'll try the forum conversion again.

      And the reason for this in the first place? Supposedly the password recovery option of the portal software was fixed.

      *Sigh*
      [/mynex]