96233[Bug] Weird effect with Bonus VAR and ability pools

    Jan 1, 2008
      Ok, this one is just plain odd.

      IN a ABILITY file:
      Foo Feat
      BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Force Powers|ForceTrainingNumber
      BONUS:VAR|ForceTrainingNumber|1|TYPE=Initial CHOOSE:NOCHOICE
      (Can be no, but doesn't make a difference, I tried both ways)
      SA:Force Powers Known: %|ForceTrainingNumber

      In ABILITYCATEGORY FILE (or miscinfo)
      ABILITYCATEGORY:Force Powers
      CATEGORY:Force Powers
      DISPLAYLOCATION:Class Abilities

      Now what SHOULD happen, first time you take the feat gain WISDOM bonus
      +1, each additional time you gain another WISDOM modifier.

      Test with any Wisdom, preferably with 12 or higher...

      My results varied each time... I had Wis 12...
      Feat Taken x1 = 2
      Feat Taken x2 = 10
      Wis =16
      x1 =4
      x2 =26

      Should have been: Wis 12 =1
      Feat Taken x1 = 2 (Wis +1)
      Feat Taken x2 = 3 (Wis + Wis +1)

      Wis 16
      x1 =4
      x2 =7
      Strangely enough the console gave the proper number.

      I was encountering odd behavior with ABILITYPOOL as well, it will take a
      Jep 'word' expression, but wouldn't take a direct formula

      BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Foo Pool|INT+3 - wouldn't work, but
      BONUS:ABILITYPOOL|Foo Pool|FooBarFormula

      BONUS:VAR|FooBarFormula|INT+3 would work.

      PCGEN = 5.13.6

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"