83532Re: [DOCS] FUMBLERANGE new tag entry

  • Evan
    Mar 1, 2005

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan.miller@f...> wrote:
      > >

      > > > Goes in Equipment files
      > > >
      > > > *** New 5.7.15
      > > > Tag Name: FUMBLERANGE:x
      > > >
      > > > Variables Used (x): Text (Equipment fumble range)
      > > >
      > > > What it does:
      > > > This is text which indicates the equipments fumble or error
      range.
      > > This tag
      > > > may also be used in EQMOD lines. If an equipment item has
      EQMODs,
      > > the
      > > > FUMBLERANGE text from the EQMOD supercedes the text from the
      item
      > > itself
      > > > (EQMODs applied to the primary weapon head trumps text in
      EQMODs
      > > applied to
      > > > the secondary weapon head).
      > > >
      > > > Example:
      > > >
      > > > FUMBLERANGE:1-3
      > > > Indicates and error range of 1-3.
      > > >
      > > > FUMBLERANGE:Natural 1
      > > > Indicates and error range of a natural 1.
      > > >

      > > Nice. However, why not keep the same format as CRITRANGE? Just
      > > FUMBLERANGE:3 for 1-3, or FUMBLERANGE:1 for a natural 1? It
      would
      > > be a bit more intuitive to keep them the same (although I
      understand
      > > that the coding is probably done on it at this point).
      >
      > For D20 I think your suggestion is spot-on. Thinking outside of d20,
      > I'm not sure if we can assume that a fumble-range will always start
      at
      > 1.

      Except, PCGen only supports D20 systems. I am confoosed... :/
      Unless looking forward PCGen is going to be supporting more than D20
      and so this was coded with that in mind.

      I know there's the forthcoming RPG Tookit program. I have a wait and
      see attitude about RPG Toolkit. I like PCGen because I can program
      books I buy into it... if RPG Toolkit uses LST then great, if it uses
      something like XML, I'll probably skip it. I don't want to have to
      learn a whole new programming language to use the program.

      Evan
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic