73180Re: move on, nothing to see here

  • notmousse@aol.com
    Feb 1, 2004
      bblackmoor sez...

      'I used to drive a 1967 Mustang.'

      You're missing a sense of degree. This car was likely 20+ years old (if not
      30+) when you got it (or at least by the time you got rid of it). DnD 3e on
      the other hand is roughly 3.5 years old.

      One stopped being made a few decades ago, the other a few years ago.

      'The point is that I knew that I would have those kinds of problems when I
      chose those cars, and I chose them anyway because that's what I wanted to do.
      That's the trade-off I make when I opt for an obsolete car/OS/game
      system/whatever.'

      I'm not sure about you, but I, and thousands of others bought the 3e games
      within the first year (in fact during their introductory period). This was not
      even half a decade ago. This was when the plans for a revision were set for
      sometime in our future instead of last year.

      'You don't have a point: no one drives a 1973 Type III VW fastback by
      accident.'

      But many people buy a 2000 and expect it to last till the '05s are in
      production.

      Overall I agree with your opinion of not whining for this or that, but.

      'Keep your excuses for someone who needs them.'

      This sentence is the reason I chimed in.

      BTW I don't see how you had such problems finding parts, especially for the
      classic American car.

      NotMousse
      TM Tamarin

      what's the point?