112834Re: [pcgen] Weirdness with familiars

    Aug 22, 2014
      Taking a quick moment to reply: I am not going to fix anything today as I'm way to behind work...

      On the master PC - move to the character tab - troubleshooting. Is Familiar (Base) and Familiar (Default) listed?
      Familiar (Default) might show up as Standard Selection ~ Familiar - but I doubt it.

      On 8/22/2014 11:36 AM, Keith McComb kinsfire@... [pcgen] wrote:
      Okay, this has gotten seriously strange - I was wondering about an issue with the familiar, so I decided to create a new character using the same sources I mentioned above. (3.5 RSRD Basic, Divine, Epic, and Monsters.) When I attempt to create a new familiar for the example wizard , no races show up. If I take the feat Improved Familiar, the three possible choices show up, but no luck on normal animals.

      Tried it again with unloading everything and loading the v3.5 Dungeons & Dragons RSRD, which is supposed to be the complete document. Same thing - new wizard chooses familiar and gets no choices.

      Help?

      Keith

      On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Keith McComb <kinsfire@...> wrote:
      Okay - I've found the issue with saving, and solved it to my satisfaction on the Mac (and I suspect the same will prove true for the PC).

      So I loaded the familiar in PCGen 6.03.05 (on my Mac at the moment, even though I'm typing this on a PC). I'm using 3.5 RSRD Basics, Divine, Epic, and Monsters as the sources. I am still being told that my familiar needs to select a class and add a level, spend skill points, and choose feats.

      Is that normal behavior? Do I need to make my familiar a fellow wizard? *laugh* (Just had this odd image of being recursive on that - the character has a familiar, who has a familiar, who...well, you can see where that's going. *grin*)

      Keith

      On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Keith McComb <kinsfire@...> wrote:
      Created as a Major issue, and added a comment that it also occurs on my Mac laptop.

      Keith

      On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 3:30 PM, kinsfire@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Would you consider this a Minor, Major, or Critical issue? I really don't want to set the wrong level. I tend to think Major or Critical, since it involves the saving of characters, and if you can't save it, you've lost a lot of work.

      Keith

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic