112827Re: [pcgen] Adding custom items to my equipment

  • Andrew Wilson
    Aug 22, 2014
      Hi f0obar

      Adding new items is fairly easy.  Probably the best way to do it is in a homebrew campaign.

      If you look in the directory where you unpacked PCGen, you'll see a data folder.  You haven't
      told me which game system you're using, so I'll assume pathfinder since that seems to be the
      most popular at the moment. Inside the data folder there is a pathfinder folder, inside that is
      a homebrew folder. In the homebrew folder you'll see a folder called my_dataset.

      Copy the my_dataset and give it a new name, it doesn't matter what it's called as long as it's
      different.  for instance, I called my rise of the runelords homebrew rotr_homebrew.

      In the directory there are lots of files, these are examples and you don't need most of them.
      For what you've asked you need the pcc and one lst.  They currently have the prefix my_
      you should change that. Again for my rise of the runelords set I went with rotr_. So, you'll
      end up with two significant files.  I sometimes use my initilals, e.g.

      arw_homebrew.pcc
      arw_equip_general.lst

      now edit the pcc file with a text editor, notepad is useable, look for line like this

      EQUIPMENT:my_equip_general.lst

      change it to

      EQUIPMENT:arw_equip_general.lst

      If you open that arw_equip_general.lst file it has examples of how to add equipment.  If you
      can't figure it out from there, come back and we'll point you in the right direction.

      andrew

      On 22 August 2014 10:34, f0obar@... [pcgen] <pcgen@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi all,

      In our current campaign the DM decided to give us various mundane items which are important for the story, but can not be found in any official sources.

      Is there any way to add such things to my inventory in PCGen? Via a .lst file maybe? If so, how do I add such special files?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic