112622Re: [pcgen] Smart Weapon

    Jul 15, 2014

      List File Help is better suited for the question:

      Quick Answer

      That tag won't work as you expect. TYPE isn't keyed that way to start with, you're just going to get a double on Int and removal of both Str and Dex.

      A quick hack will make all the numbers incorrect. I don't have any time left today to work on a solution, so the next best thing is to raise a tracker - I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is a Modern system book.

      Data Feature Request - Method to use alternative Stat for Select Weapon.

      I'll make this my second TODO item for tomorrow.

      Cheers,
      Andrew

      On 7/15/2014 4:33 PM, waytraveler@... [pcgen] wrote:

      I'm trying to get a talent set up that will allow one weapon to use INT instead of STR or DEX, as appropriate.  I found this in another source book data file, but it doesn't seem to work.  It applies the ranged and non-ranged bonuses to both ranged and non-ranged attacks.

      Smart Weapon CATEGORY:Talent  TYPE:Talent.ScientistTalent VISIBLE:YES SAB:Smart Weapon (%CHOICE) - USE INT instead of STR or DEX for attack bonus.  MULT:YES CHOOSE:WEAPONPROFICIENCY|PC BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%CHOICE|TOHIT|INT-STR|TYPE=NotRanged BONUS:WEAPONPROF=%CHOICE|TOHIT|INT-DEX|TYPE=Ranged

      Thanks,

      Darwin

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic