110354Re: [pcgen] [DSP] Marksman Proficiency Issue

  • Eric C Smith
    May 8, 2013
      Hi Folks!

      Doug Limmer wrote:
      > On 5/8/2013 9:48 PM, James Dempsey wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi,
      > >
      > > What about AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.TYPE=Martial ?
      > >

      > That throws a parsing error.
      >
      > I should note that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does add regular
      > martial weapons that are ranged, like the longbow and shortbow. But the
      > halfling sling staff is one of those exotics that are treated as martial
      > for halflings; apparently that's getting the tag confused. But,
      > AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will correctly add the halfling sling staff
      > proficiency to halfling characters

      That will add all martial weapons, not just the Sling Staff.

      I've currently added AUTO:WEAPONPROF|Sling Staff (Halfling)|PRERACE:1,Halfling to the Marksman to get the profiviency. Its a hack, and isn't a solution to the problem in general.