110353Re: [pcgen] [DSP] Marksman Proficiency Issue

  • Doug Limmer
    May 8, 2013
      On 5/8/2013 9:48 PM, James Dempsey wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > What about AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.TYPE=Martial ?

      That throws a parsing error.

      I should note that AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Ranged.Martial does add regular
      martial weapons that are ranged, like the longbow and shortbow. But the
      halfling sling staff is one of those exotics that are treated as martial
      for halflings; apparently that's getting the tag confused. But,
      AUTO:WEAPONPROF|TYPE=Martial will correctly add the halfling sling staff
      proficiency to halfling characters.

      I double-checked the weaponprof file; the halfling sling staff does
      indeed have the Ranged TYPE (and has it in the equipment file, too, if
      that matters).

      DS/DL