109602Re: Questions about the "Standard Campaign" 80 pt build option

  • rogerwllco
    Jan 4, 2013
      I think those aren't OGL, they're not in the SRD as far as I know.

      I always assumed what was said earlier, that the "standard method" that PCGen used is made up because the published methods aren't OGL.

      The CMP datasets did come with the DMG methods, but not the srd35 datasets.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher wrote:

      > Am 04.01.13 23:24, schrieb Stefan Radermacher:
      > > Am 04.01.13 22:56, schrieb David R. Bender:
      > >> No, 80 point has been a "standard" point buy for 3.5 for a long time.
      > >
      > > Really? I remember 35 points being the default point build for 3.5.
      >
      > Actuall I just checked my 3.5 DMG (page 169), and these are the point
      > buy values listed:
      >
      > Low-powered campaign 15 points
      > Challenging campaign 22 points
      > Tougher campaign 28 points
      > High-powered campaign 32 points
      >
      > The 3.0 DMG has the same values (page 19). No 80 points anywhere. Weird.
      >
      > Stefan.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic