109599Re: Hacking up the core sets to 'modernize them' - questions

  • rogerwllco
    Jan 4, 2013
      Sorry for replying to what by now is an old message, but I don't have time to check here regularly. - I've just been out of the country for more than a month.

      I'm not entirely sure what the question is, but I'm still using the CMP datasets, in 5.14. I think I've communicated about it in the past.

      I'm currently DM and don't have time to work on converting/upgrading LST files. I'm still hoping that once my current stint of DM'ing finished I have time to have another go at bringing my CMP files in line with newer versions of PCGen - especially now 6.0 is out.

      I know that Andrew sent me details of an unfuddle repository a while ago, but given that I don't really have time to work on LST files right now, I didn't want to sign up for $9/mo to find out what it exactly was for.

      Once I'm done with being DM for my current group in a few months, I'd like to see if my current set of CMP files can be converted to 5.16/6.0. I'm not sure if it would be legal to collaborate on such an effort but I think it would be legal to share updates with other people who own the CMP datasets, preferably through something like subversion. (I'd prefer a free service)

      I can't promise any time investment for the next few months but after that I do want to invest some serious time into a conversion effort of my own datasets.

      Tips on what are good and bad practices in editing the current CMP files are appreciated, with a future conversion to 5.16/6.0 in mind. Things to avoid, or certain variable names to use, etc. I am making edits to LST files continuously, but focussing on making things work for 5.14, especially coding classes, items, etc. that never had a dataset released for them or are incomplete in the current CMP datasets. Magic Item Compendium is the primary time investment at the moment.

      Cheers,

      Adriaan Renting/RogerWilco