109140Re: [pcgen] Re: [pcgen_bod] PCGen v6.00.0 RC1 Released!

  • James Dempsey
    Nov 2, 2012
      Hi,

      Could you send me a sample character or two please? I'd like to try this
      one out myself. Either send it via direct email, or open a help jira at
      http://jira.pcgen.org please.

      Cheers,
      James.

      On 2/11/2012 12:44 AM sugarpimp@... wrote
      > OK, I'll give that a try. Thanks!
      >
      > Of note though, the chars I've been loading that keep changing the source material were all also created with "pathfinder for players - advanced" loaded in previous versions. So I'm wondering if this may be some sort of save file compatibility issue with RC1.
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey<jdempsey@...> wrote:
      >> Hi,
      >>
      >> Yes by default PCGen loads the correct sources when you load a
      >> character. This is done to ensure that the character has the right rules
      >> applied.
      >>
      >> You can see the name of the current sources in the PCGen window title.
      >>
      >> If you need to change the sources for a character, turn off the "Load
      >> sources with PC" option in preferences> Sources, load the desired
      >> sources, load your character, save your character again (I'd recommend
      >> to a new file) and then reactivate "Load Sources with PC" in
      >> preferences. The saved character will now be registered against the new
      >> sources which will be checked each time you load the character.
      >>
      >> Cheers,
      >> James.
      >>
      >> On 1/11/2012 5:12 PM sugarpimp@... wrote
      >>> OK did some more testing. It's behaving weird. Sometimes they're there, sometimes not. If I start the program and create a new char, they're there. If I load an older char, the program reloads sources, and they're gone, including for any new characters I create after that.
      >>>
      >>> Seems that old sources are somehow linked to old save files. Not sure how to fix this.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic