108728Re: [pcgen] Re: regarding Class Features / Special Abilities listing within pcgen

    Sep 7, 2012
      in line -

      On 9/7/2012 8:33 AM, tripleduck wrote:
      >> Though, you need to remember, besides the RSRD, SRD, MSRD and
      >> Paizo, the rest of the publishers DO NOT want all the information
      >> displayed. After all, they want to be able to sell their products,
      >> and we are an adjunct to making their customers happy.
      > Understood. So, for the publishers that want limited information displayed, all the data is there in the datasets, but PCGen is just not allowed to show it all? Or is it limited data with the intent of directing the user to the book?

      The info in the set is only what the publisher allows.

      >> If we displayed everything, the feeling is the customer might not
      >> purchase the book.
      > I personally think this logic is flawed. :) I was going to get all into a heavy discussion about it, but realized half way through typing that it is the way it is and my not agreeing doesn't matter for two reason. 1) They aren't my companies, and 2) I usually stick to Pathfinder. :)

      Long history. Paizo has bucked past trends, but we must continue to make our existing publishers
      happy. Tis is what we as a community have stated we will adhere too.