108716Re: [pcgen] Re: regarding Class Features / Special Abilities listing within pcgen

    Sep 6, 2012

      The display of both is controlled by Code - it parses DESC or BENEFIT and outputs one or the other
      to the DESC tag for the OS. I'd personally like the ability to use both. It wouldn't be hard to code
      the OS to display both or one or the other as it stands. But the obstacle is the CODE side.

      Though, you need to remember, besides the RSRD, SRD, MSRD and Paizo, the rest of the publishers DO
      NOT want all the information displayed. After all, they want to be able to sell their products, and
      we are an adjunct to making their customers happy. If we displayed everything, the feeling is the
      customer might not purchase the book.

      So, current code practices supported that stated goal. I think BENEFIT was brought into play for
      licensed set by CMP. Anyways, that's a short history.

      And, I'm the one that did the [Normal] - It aids those coming behind trying to add the extra crunch
      mechanics. ;)